Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay so my summary sucks but I couldn't think of anything. Please review! This is my first fanfic, so I would like to know what you think.
Buffy Summers wore a mini black leather skirt that showed off a small slip of her legs that were wrapped in knee high black leather boots. Her black, strapless shirt clung to her curves in all the right places, showing off her killer body. She took a sip of her whisky as she looked out at the sweaty bodies that were wiggling on the dance floor. Scanning the crowd, her eyes met with deep sapphire blue. Summers quickly looked away but couldn’t help looking back at the man who was dancing with some of his friends. She took another sip of her drink and sighed. As Buffy listened to the loud beat of the rock music, she closed her eyes and thought back to many years before.

It was year 2002, and a petite, blonde haired beauty limped down the street, holding her bloodied stomach. She had been so obnoxiously stupid, to fall in love with Angel O’Connor. She knew from others that he was a possessive man, that if he couldn’t get what he wanted then nobody would. When they first got together she was naive, but as time went on she learned of the wretched dealings that Angel was conducting. Three nights ago Buffy had told him it was over between the two of them. Strangely he nodded his head and walked out of her lonesome house. She hadn’t seen him since then, until tonight when she had walked into her living room.

The room was different as she looked around. There were candles scattered around the room, and on the living room table there was a dagger and a bowl filled with what looked liked different herbs. Standing by the table was Angel. “What are you doing here?” Buffy questioned him. All he did was smile at her and bent down to scoop up the wicked looking dagger. It reflected the candles’ flame as he leisurely walked to her.

Slowly backing up, she bummed into something that felt like soft cushioned furniture. Briefly she wondered where it came from but didn’t dwell on it. Moving towards her left she tried to escape, but he stopped her with a strong hand on her wrist. He twirled her around and shoved her towards the oak table, making her fall to the wooden floor. Angel pursued her to the ground.

She looked up into Angel’s eyes, getting ready to plead with him to not hurt her, only to be stopped by his crazy-looking, oil-black eyes. “I wanted you to be my wife, the mother to my children, but you won’t cooperate. Now, I have to make it so no one will ever truly love you.” His eyes danced with the evil inside of him, as he stabbed her through the gut. He cocked his head to the side and whispered, “I love you, Buffy,” before he started to chant in a forgotten language. Angel reached into the clay bowl on the table and took some of the herbs out of it. As he pulled the blood red dagger out, he quickly replaced it with the smelly herbs.

There was a brilliant white flash of light, as Angel concluded the mysterious spell. “What in the world did you do to me?” she demanded, while clutching her stomach.

His laughter was like a firecracker. “I made you immortal. What else would I do?”

Buffy looked at him, trying to make sense of everything. “ So now I’m immortal. How does it affect the way I live?”

He looked into her now purple eyes; “ You’ll have to watch everyone you love die, while you stay forever 21, never being able to have kids.” He got to his feet and told her that she had five minutes to get out of her own home. She looked down at her bleeding stomach and thought about how it was going to be her only scar on her unmarred ivory skin.

Back in 2087, Buffy Summers caressed the white, ragged circular scar on her flat stomach, still remembering how she promised herself never to fall in love again. It had been 80 years ago, and for the first time she broke that promise. The one she loved would never know, for she was afraid of being hurt or even worst, watching him die. Buffy thought it unusual for her to fall in love; all she ever did was isolate herself and sometimes watched those around her to learn from their mistakes. Somewhere, somehow she had fallen for the angelic Spike Giles.

She shook her head of all of the depressing thoughts and finished off her alcoholic drink; this lively club was no place to brood. As she got up to go get some cheese pizza located at the bar, the blue-eyed beauty from before came up to her. “May I have this dance with you, Buffy?” She sat there thinking about the question and then nodded her head and softly said, “okay” even though she was trying to distant herself from her love. Spike, the one who she was dancing with, took her hand and led her out on the dance floor, and they started to slow dance.

Buffy Summers closed her eyes trying to force back the tears that wanted to flow down her soft round cheeks. This was the last night that she would be in London, for it hurt too much to be near Spike and not have him. This was the last time she was going to see him before she slipped out into the night and move far away from here never to return. Some may say that she was running away, and that was exactly what she was doing- running away. As the song ended, she backed away from him. “ Thanks for the dance, Spike.”

His ocean blue eyes sparkled, as he replied, “No problem, besides I’m not one to complain about dancing with the most gorgeous lady here.”

Buffy blushed and looked down at her feet, “I better go.”
Ever a gentleman he asked, “You want me to walk you home?” She shook her head no and reached up on her tippy toes to kiss him on the lips. As they came apart, she said a quick goodbye before she walked away and went out to the cab that was waiting for here. When she got in the cab the driver pulled away from the curb, and the cab started to make its way to the airport. Buffy looked out her window and finally let the tears appear on her light rosy cheeks, as she watched the city fly by. She knew that this was the right decision: to leave the one she loved behind so he could find his dream life. It had to be or else she would go back.