Author's Chapter Notes:
i know the abusive dad thing has been done before, but just give it a chance guys.
Chapter one

Beep Beep Beep. Buffy awoke with a start hitting the snooze button of her alarm clock.

“Great a new school ,with no one that I know, should be fun.” she said groggily getting out of bed. Then heading to the bathroom to brush her teeth and prepare or school.

Buffy Summers is seventeen years old, and has just recently moved to Sunnydale with her dad, after her mom died of cancer.

Not her choice of course she would have much liked it better living with basically any other person in the world then her dad who she barely knew, buy unfortunately court had decided it a very good idea to live with her dad, hank Summers and start a new life getting to know him.
“shows what they knew” Buffy thought to herself picking out an outfit form her closet. Deciding on basic jeans, and a tank top

She never really got a chance to know her father, but so far what she had discovered is a lazy drunk who did not care for her at all. “oh well only one year left of living with him.”

She quickly brushed her hair and applied a small amount of make up, and was out the door.

She hopped in her car and was off to her first day of Sunnydale High. “well it doesn’t look too bad” She thought walking down the hall. .

“Hi, I am Willow” a red head said holding out her hand, “and this is my friend Xander” She said pointing to the boy with shaggy brown hair next to her. He gave a little wave.

“Hi, I’m Buffy” she said returning the handshake.;

“So you’re an new student right?” Willow said.
“Yeah” Buffy replied, They seem nice enough she thought to herself.

“Well cool we will show you around right Xand” he nodded before taking off down the hall.

“Whoa whats with your friend?” Buffy asked

“He gets all shy and mumbly around pretty girls, I wish he did that for m” She replied looking down at the ground.

Buffy looked at her “so you have a thing for him, yeah” she asked

“Well not a big thing like a medium size thing. I mean its really like a crush and… yeah oh my god I love him but he only thinks of me as the afriend with the homework and the notes.” She rambled.

“aw im sure that’s not true, I mean have you ever tried making a move or anything?” Buffy asked, opening her locker and putting some of her stuff in it.

Willow’s head whipped up “oh no, I don’t really make moves I wait patiently for others to do that for me”

“well you’ll never know until you try” Buffy said in a little sing song voice.
“yeah I guess” The bell rang, “so let me see your schedule as they began walking down the hall.
Buffy handed it to her.
“Oh well we have first and fifth together so that should be fun, lets go your gonna love Mr. Baels he is a real ray of sunshine.” Buffy laughed following her new friend down the hall to class.

at lunch Buffy was beginning to settle in a little, I mean her classes weren’t to hard. But besides willow and Xander people weren’t too friendly.

“So how are you liken Sunnydale” Xander asked as they sat in the cafeteria.
“Um oh well it is very different from L.A” Buffy answered truthfully.

“I’ll bet” a voice from behind her said, she turned around to see a brunette followed by a bunch of blonde girls “Hi, I’m Cordelia, so your from L.A right?” The Brunette said tossing her hair.

“Yeah” Buffy answered “wow, I mean god ur so lucky, Sunnydale has basically like no shopping at all, right girls” Cordelia asked turning around to her posse.

“Yeah” the girls all answered together at once.

“great well we should go shopping this weekend.” Cordelia said. “I will show you around, ya know show you all the good people to hang out with here.” She said eying willow and xander.

“you know that’s all right. I kinda just figured out exactly who the bad people are in this school all by myself. So yeah I also like making my own friends and all.” Buffy replied icily instantly not liking this girl who insulted her new friends.

“Ok whatever just don’t expect me to give you another chance to actually have a life, Bye” she said taking her trail of puppies following her

“What the hell was that?” Buffy asked turning back to her friends.

“Don’t you mean who was that? Xander said “That’s Cordelia Chase , god she wants me so bad,”

Buffy shot willow a glance, who was staring down at her food,

“Yeah too bad shes a bitch” Buffy said out loud.

After school Buffy said good bye to her new friends and headed home.

She opened the door to find her father all over some trashy blonde lady. “ok sorry to interrupt you in our living room.“ she said walking past them , up to her room

An hour later she sat on her bed doing some homework when all of a sudden her dad burst through the door. “what he fuck were you thinking interrupting me and my friend like that?” he spat out at her

“ah, sorry I had to come home sometime.” She answered back sarcastically.
“yeah well shouldn’t you have stayed with one of your many boyfriends for awhile, you stupid slut” he yelled back.

She stared at him. Yeah, he was not really nice before but he had never yelled at her like that.

“Im a slut, yeah dad maybe I should try to be like your classy ladies. Hank, do you think you could bring home a more trashy ho like that one”

He grabbed her by her arm ripping her off the bed “Now you listen to me you unappreciative little whore, I am doing you a favor letting you live with me here, do you know how much a gave up for you.” He screamed in her face.

“Yeah a room you don’t even use so I can put my stuff in. Yeah, my stuff, which I paid for, you don’t do anything for me.” She yelled back at him.

He smacked her across the face sending her tumbling backwards to the wall. She looked stunned, she never thought he would actually hit her.

He grabbed her roughly by the arms, she winced, now that that would leave some bruises. “You will come home when I say, you will do what I want, and you wont even ever talk back. Do you understand me.” He said gritting his teeth as he spoke.

“Yes” she answered quietly, tears spilling down her cheeks.

He walked over to her door “Oh” he said turning around, “I know you wouldn’t even think of saying something to the cops or social services about any of this. I mean do you think they will listen. I am the richest most successful business man in Sunnydale, your are a bratty troubled little seventeen year old whore. Who would they believe.” With that he slammed the door.

She walked over to her bed, sliding under the covers, wiping off the tears that were streaming down her face. She knew he was right. Everyone knew him as the successful man he was, perfect in every way, a great man. Which would equal great dad as well in the public eye. She would never be listened to, not ever.

With these depressing thoughts she feel into a deep sleep.