Author's Chapter Notes:
I have outright taken parts from the actual episode "Not Fade Away" and parts from some of the Buffy the Vampire episodes, to fit into my story. I do not own these parts or the chars themselfs.
"BUFFY CAN YOU TOSS ME A TOWEL?" Dawn yelled from the bathroom. Sighing to herself Buffy stood up leaving her homework and heading to the hall closet, then to the bathroom.

"Think maybe just possibly next time you could remember to grab one yourself before getting in the
shower?" Buffy said not waiting for a answer and heading back to her homework. Laughing to herself
as she wondered what exactly possessed her to go to school while in Rome should she be using all her time to party, see the sites, after all she knew when she came here she had no intention of staying here. Slowly lowering herself down in her chair she stared at her work. She always knew she had to go back sometime and that she really wasn't a Europe girl.

As she finished her thought the phone rang. Buffy picked up the receiver. "Hello?" silence on the
other end told her it was another of what she considered a telemarketer recorded message there was always a good minute of silence before the recording kicked in. It took a whole three times to teach her to hang up before the recording kicked in.'I really need to get caller ID' she sighed to herself as she started to hang up. Just in time to hear the click and then dial tone on the other end. "hmm"
quickly hanging up and dialing *69.

"Hello Wolfram and Hart how may I direct your call" Harmony said

"Um." she said as she slowly recognized the voice. "Angel please." laughing as she said his name how childish of him to call and hang up on her.

"One moment." Harmony said "Boss line three."

"Got it Harm." Angel said. "Hello?"

"Angel you would think being as old as you are you could figure out how childish that was." Buffy said
annoyed

"Huh, What, Buffy?" Angel said a little confused.

"You didn't just call me and hang up once you heard my voice like some love sick school boy?" Buffy
said not convinced

"What? NO, why would I?" Angel said then it sunk in. "What would make you think I did or would do
that?"

"I don't know maybe cause it happened and when I *69'd I got Wolfram and Hart office and to top it
off Harmony's desk." Buffy said.

"I'm sorry Buffy I don't know who would of called you but it wasn't me."

"Oh."

"But while I have you on the line hows The Immortal?" Angel asked.

"Huh how you know about him?" Buffy asked

"I was kinda in Rome a week ago on some business and stopped by to see you but you were out Andrew
told me about you seeing The Immortal."

"Oh well I was but I'm not anymore."

"Oh, sorry to hear that what happened?"

"He moved on and I grew up." Buffy said with a shrug.

"Ah. Well if there isn't anything else I have some things to get to nice talking to you Buffy." Angel said and hung up the phone. "Harm tell Spike I want to see him NOW!"

"Yes boss."

"You beckoned?" Spike said a few minutes later as he entered the office.

"Spike just let me ask you how old are you really? Nah I already know but that was well as Buffy put it childish."

"Buffy put it? Put what? You talked to Buffy?" Spike said running on.

"The phone call don't act stupid I didn't do it that leaves one person. I thought you didn't want her to know your alive now that she's seeing The Immortal?" Angel asked leaving out the part that she wasnt seeing him anymore.

"None of your business, Mate." Spike said leaving the room.

Back in Rome Buffy has returned to her homework. Trying to push out of her mind who could of made
that call. Not succeeding at changing her thoughts she decided to take a shower and head to bed.

A bright blue light shoots up from the amulet, knocking a hole in the ceiling, going up through the floor of the Principal's office past Willow and through to the open sky. The light turns a warm orange color.

"Buffy!"

"Spike!"

Before Buffy can go to his side, the amulet refracts the orange light out into the hellmouth like rays of sunshine—but with concentrated intensity like a laser. Buffy stares at Spike. As the amulet works its magic, the Turok-Han are dusting throughout the hellmouth. The ground starts shaking. Faith calls out to the others.

"Everybody out, now!" Faith says. Everyone rushes to the stairs that lead up to the seal. Buffy runs
to Spike's side.

Looking amazed he says "I can feel it, Buffy."

"What?" she asks

Spike says looking at her "My soul. It's really there. Kind of stings."

"Go on, then."

"No. No, you've done enough. You could still—"

"No, you've beat them back. It's for me to do the cleanup."The walls are crumbling around them.

Faith calls down to her "Buffy, come on!"

"Gotta move, lamb. I think it's fair to say school's out for bloody summer."

Worriedly she says. "Spike!"

"I mean it! I gotta do this." holds out his hand to stop her. Lacing her fingers through Spike's, and they burst into flame together.

Softly, looking into his eyes "I love you."


Jerking awake in a panic like she had so many nights before she sighed. Would she ever stop dreaming about him Suddenly as there was a knock at the door she realized that the dream ended sooner then it usually did and the knock must of woken her up. "Yes?" Andrew walked in.

"Sorry to wake you but it's kind of important." He looked really scared at that moment.

Sitting up, and rubbing the sleep from her eyes. "Yeah whats up?"

"Well you kinda gotta promise not to kill me."

"What ever I promise." Buffy says annoyed and Andrews sits down in the chair next to her bed.

"Well you know that last night you went out with The Immortal?" Buffy nods. "Well someone or rather
someones came by that night." Andrew says timidly

"Yeah I talked to Angel tonight he said he had been here. But who else?" Buffy asked questionly. 'Was the one who had called and hung up on her tonight?' she wondered to herself.

"Spike..." Buffy looked dumbstruck. "Spike is alive and he was here looking for you with Angel. And now both him and Angel are in trouble back in LA." The whole sentence came from him in less then half a second. He figured it was best to get it out fast.

"Spike?...Alive.." The tears came fast and soon she found she couldn't stop them she didn't even hear the part about him being in trouble just that he was alive. 'My Spike alive? Alive and didn't find me, how was this possiable?'

"YES now snap out of it in two hours you and Willow have to be on a plane they need your help if they have any chance of surviving the coming fight." Andrew said slightly shaking Buffy.

"Surviving.. going die again?" Giving up Andrew slapped her across the face. "Ouch! Angel didn't
tell me Spike was alive. why? Spike didn't come find me." She mumbled to herself.

"I didn't either I knew months ago when I went to get the rogue slayer he was there then. We all were just looking out for you and knew you go running after him and get hurt if you knew. As for Spike he well I don't know maybe he thought it was best for you I don't know and right now it doesn't matter do you hear me him and Angel will probably die in this fight without you and Willows help."

"What are they fighting?" Buffy asked snapping out of it and Andrew quickly filled her in on Angels plan to stall Wolfram and Hart even if it meant their lives and even if it was only a stall and not a stop.

"But with your help they may not die You took on the first and won what can be worse?"

"I didn't win, Spike won for us and I lost him." That wont happen again she swore to herself as she
got up and quickly packed a bag. "Have you talked to Willow yet?" She asked as she finished and shut
her suitcase.

Andrew nods. "She will meet you there at 5pm tomorrow." Not saying another word to him she walked out of the apartment and drove to the airport. On the plane ride she talked with Willow on their laptops.

Willow: Can you believe it Spike alive, How tho?

Buffy: I don't know I didn't bother to ask Andrew he didn't feel the need to inform me months ago when
he learned about it why would he tell me the truth now?

Willow: True

Buffy: What I want to know is why Spike didn't get ahold of me. I know why Angel and Andrew didn't tell me I don't like the fact that they didn't but I understand, I however don't understand why Spike wouldn't.

Willow: I don't know either scared perhaps?

Buffy: Of what? That he might get his way this time that I might admit how much he means to me instead of pushing him away.

Willow: No more like afraid he wont and you will push him away again.

Buffy having admited to Willow only what Spike had really meant to her to her surprise her best friend
wasn't surprised and was very comforting about the whole thing even when no one else would of been.

Buffy stunned and stopped typing and started to think about what Willow said. 'Did he really think,
did he really believe I was lying when I told him I loved him, and that I would only push him away again?'
"But I do love him" she said instead of thought. A couple people looked at her and smiled
slightly. "Sorry" she mumbled. She wasn't exactly sure when it had happened but she did very much love him. For as long as she knew him they always faught, always tried to kill each other and both were more then cabable of the feat even if well matched. Had either of them had the intent of really killing the other the one would of won out she was sure of that. So from the many times of thinking about him sense he died on her she could only gather one thing, and that was they were meant to be they had obviously from the start felt something for the other why else wouldn't one of them compleated the act of killing the other? And why had they been so willing even way back then to work together? Before the chip before the soul before any of that they willing worked together to stop Angelus. Specialy on her side, after having her `soulfull love of her life` went all evil on her she trusted anough in Spike to work with him, A souless, evil vampire. The more she thought about it the more she realized it didn't matter when it happened at all just that she finally knew she loved Spike, loved him with all her heart, and that this time she wasn't going to lose him no matter what.

Two hours later she arrived at the airport in LA. Exited the plane being greeted by Willow they hugged
quickly and rushed out of the place.

"Uh boss.." Harmony didn't get any farther in her announcement before the doors to Angels office
burst open.

"Where is he?" Buffy demanded.

"Well hello to you too Buffy...Willow. Where is who?" Angel asked

"As if you don't know." Willow said looking annoyed.

Quickly seeing the witches face he gave in. "He isn't here right now."

"Where is he?"

"Lets just say he is out for proably the last time." Angel said angrily making it seem as he was really pissed at Spike. He raised the red jewel which flashed. "Well, he is out living his last day. That was a way to cloak the room so I could tell you what is going on." Which he did quickly. "Now you must go I wont have you here to die also." He said looking at Buffy.

"Like hell, I'm not going anywhere."

"You have to this is a suicide mission."

"Not with us here." Willow chimed in.

"I'm really not going get you to change your mind am I?" Buffy shook her head. "Fine" Angel said
giving in.