Author's Chapter Notes:
This is my first fic... be kind. oh yeah... please review.
Disclaimer: I own everything. I own... Joss Whedon, BtVS, Angel, and all the yummy characters. Yeah go me. Sorry back to reality oops there goes gravity. (Sorry momentary loss of sanity.) It's back now! I really own a pair of socks and some clothes, other than that... ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING god I hate my life.

Summary: What if Buffy could stop the last apocalypse without anyone being killed or hurt? Catch you ask? She must travel across the world to do so. No one from Sunnydale can help. Season 7 goes AU after the episode Empty Places

A/N: Hey guys, my computer was down when I originally wrote this story, so it had a lot of mistakes. So what I finally did was re-write it, and fix it a little bit. This story I got from watching Empty Places. I was thinking what if Buffy never came back to Revello drive and stopped the war without any one's help? How would Faith, Rona, Giles, Kennedy, Wood and everyone else who opened their damn mouths when they were 'voting for the leader' Blah stupid people. No wonder why she can't trust them. Hate them all. No I love Xander, he is so funny, always gives me a happy. hehe. Well now on with the story.


Never Came Back


Prologue


Buffy walked into the vineyard looking for a kill. She fended off all the Bringers that came her way. She even killed a few ubervamps on the way to Caleb.

"Caleb! Get your preacher ass out here! I'm ending this once and for all."

"Well, if it isn't miss slayer. What ever do you want?"

"I want this ended. I just lost all my friends because of you." They broke into battle. Buffy was dominating the whole fight.

"How do I stop the first, Caleb? Tell me and I’ll make it painless. If you don't then you'll wish I'd kill you."

"I'll never tell you anything," he said with worthless bravery. She took out her sword and pushed it slowly into an open wound over his heart.

"OW! Okay. You see that scroll over there." He pointed to her left and Buffy released some pressure off the wound. "Take it. It will give you your answers. Now, release me or kill me." She thrust the sword into his heart instantly killing him. She grabbed the scroll, took one look at it and ran out. 'Its' all Greek to me,' she thought. Coming out of the vineyard, she saw Spike.

"How was the mission?"

"Great." He looked down to the scroll. "Yet, now it seemed pointless. You already have the scroll."

"Well, I can't read a damn word of it, but I know who can."

"Willy! Get out here now!"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa slayer hey, hi. What brings you and, uh, Spike here at this late an hour?" She threw the scroll at him. "Translate it."

"Well okay. Write this down. 'Pieces of the Danzalthar. Trav-'"

"Danzalthar that's the seal right?"

"Yeah. Now no interruptions. 'Pieces of the Danzalthar. Travel from hart to hart. Across the ocean it must go to part. This is how you'll end your war and when that’s done Danzalthar will soar. You'll need the slayer's weapon which you'll get when you Rome to kill him you must lure him into the famous dome. When all that's done you're free to go. But home is not home you must know."

"Oh great. It's all riddles. I was always good at these," the slayer said sarcastically.

"Don't worry luv, will figure it out."

"Okay so from someone's heart to another."

"No, slayer," Willy said. "H-a-r-t as in the lawyer from the law firm WolfRam&Hart. It's in La. From what I hear, your boy Angel's going to be running it soon." Spike growled at the mention of his grand-sire's name.

"So I go there... why?"

"Well, pieces of the Danzalthar, the seal, so you tear it apart, luv, bring it to La. Then one across the ocean." He contemplated the next few lines. "Then I guess, the demon will rise, you kill it with the slayer's weapon."

"Yeah, Slayer. Which you'll get in, uh, Rome I guess."

"Oooo. Then I get to kill it in that famous gladiator's dome thing-y."

"Pet, I'm terribly surprised at you. You know your Rome."

"Shut up Spike."

"Uh guys... what about the last part? IS something going to happen to Sunny-D that will make it change? Oh Shit! I'm so out of here. BYE!" Willy ran out of the bar. Buffy and Spike hears the tires screeching as he drove off.

"Spike, I clearly have to do this by myself. Go to my pace and get everyone out. Make sure Dawn is safe. Make sure she takes her cell so I can reach you guys later, if I make it that is. If you don't hear from me in a, uhh, month, then assume the worst. Don't come looking for me. Stay with Dawn. Tell them I love them all." She stopped tears in both their eyes. "Spike? Do you still love me?" At his nod she asked, "Why?"

“A hundred plus years and there's only one thing I'm sure of. You. I won't ever ask you for anything. When I say I love you. It's not because I want you, or I can't have you. It has nothing to do with me. I love what you are. What you do. How you try. I've seen your kindness and your strength. I've seen the best and the worst of you. And I understand with perfect clarity what you are. You're a hell of a woman. You're the one, Buffy. You might not want to be the one, but I don't want to be this good-looking and athletic. We all have crosses to bear."

"Spike, I want to be the one." She closed in on him and crashed their lips together.

"Spike I love you."

"No you don't But-"

"No, Spike, I love you. No more games. We can't take any more. Now I've got to go. Get them to leave Sunnydale, Spike, I'm counting on you. Protect them."

"Till the end of the world, luv. Here take my Desoto. It's behind my old crypt. Now get going. Go be a hero.

"Okay." She kissed him passionately on more time. "Remember, I love you."