Title: Almost Seventeen
Pairing: Human Spike and Buffy
Rating: R
Summary: This story takes place before and after William’s divorce with the never-pleasant Harmony. More information on the plot can be found in the disclaimer.
Warning: Buffy’s underage in this, kids.
Disclaimers: I own nothing. Thank you to Joss for letting me play without being sued. This story is loosely based on true events, names changed to protect the innocent…well as innocent as a guy can be when he has an affair with his ex-wife’s niece. ;)
Gift for: joshua02
Beta’d: yes
Finished: yes


A/N: Don’t be surprised if you get Little by Little vibes from this. My imagination is only so vast.


In the steady falling rain, William drove his car carefully down the winding road. It was three in the afternoon, but the storm’s black clouds made him feel as if time had rushed by too quickly, thrusting him from day to night.

“Hey,” William said after pushing the most-used button on his speed dial, “I’m on my way. Yes, I’m being serious. I came all this way to see you, tens—no hundreds of miles just to see you. Only you. It’s final. Really final, pet, it’s over and done, finished. I was hoping we could celebrate. Think you could sneak out for me, baby?”
***

“Now, which niece is this?”

“Buffy.”

“Oh, like that helps. Give us some more detail, Harm.”

“She’s got dark hair.”

“Harmony.”

“What? I’m not good at describing people. She…she’s really valley, or at least she wants to be a valley girl. Come on, her name is Buffy.”

“ She didn’t pick her name, Harmony. It was kinda predetermined.”

“You’ll see her when you pick her up at the airport.”

“Me? You mean ‘we’, right?”

“No, I mean you. I have an appointment. I’m getting my legs waxed.”

“That’s more important than picking up your niece at the airport?”

“Don’t attack me, William. I really didn’t want her to stay with us in the first place, but my freaking mom forced me.”

“Great.”

“She’ll just be here for the weekend. Just while Joyce is out of town.”

“Are we going to tell her about the divorce?”

“No!”

“Why not?”

“Just because she’s staying here, that doesn’t mean we have to tell her a thing!”

“Think she’ll put two and two together if we’re at each other’s throats for the duration of her stay? We don’t even sleep on the same floor in the bloody house anymore.”

“It’s none of her business.”

“How old is Buffy anyway?”

“Thirteen… maybe fourteen? How would I know?”

“My, aren’t you a good auntie?” William mumbled, rolling his eyes.

“Hey, I have, like, six nieces and nephews, not including a dozen cousins! You expect me to know all their names and ages?”

“Guess that’s too much to ask. To think you could think about someone who isn’t Harmony…”

“Asshole!”

Shaking his head and not willing to stoop to her level, William left the room, leaving his fuming soon-to-be ex-wife behind. “Bitch…”
***

William stood as close to the terminals as airline security would allow with his hands deep in his pockets. He watched for lost-looking brunettes, but a tiny blonde caught his eye.

“Excuse me, uh, Buffy?”

“Yes?”

“You…don’t have dark hair…”

“What?”

“I’m William, Harmony’s husband. She sent me to pick you up…take you to lunch.”

“Oh,” Buffy laughed. “Hi, William. You were freaking me out for a minute there.”

“Sorry, it’s just, Harm told me what you’d look like and…”

“I’ve been bleaching my hair for awhile now. I don’t know why, but for some reason Aunt Harmony doesn’t think that I’ve aged a day past thirteen.”

“You’re, ah, completely and absolutely right,” William chuckled. “Just how old are you, pet?”

“Seventeen.”

“Seventeen?”

“Okay. Fine. I’m sixteen.”

“How far away is your birthday? If it’s close, it’s perfectly acceptable for you to fudge the number a bit.”

“My birthday’s, um, eight and a half months away. I know it’s an impossible fudge,” Buffy laughed out loud, “but I really hate being sixteen. There’s nothing sweet about it.”

A smile tugging on his lips, William felt his mood brighten at the sound of her charming giggles. “Hey, baby, if you want to add a few months to your birthday, I won’t tell. Your secret’s safe with me.”

“Thanks, that’s nice of you.”

“You’re welcome. So, uh, you hungry? I have orders to feed you if you’re even the least bit peckish.”

“Peckish?”

“It’s code for hungry, love. Would you like to pick up a bite?”

“Oh, sure! I’m starving.”

***

Driving down her street, William turned off his headlights, hoping not to bring unwanted attention to himself. Taking a deep breath, he parked in front of her house, turned off the car stereo and stared anxiously at Buffy’s bedroom window.

“Come on, come on…”

“Why didn’t you tell me you were coming?” Buffy shrieked, suddenly opening the passenger door. “I talked to you last night and you didn’t say a word, you brat!”

“I wanted to surprise you. Where were you hiding?”

“Behind the tree.” Smiling, Buffy pushed down her hood, unzipped her jacket and tossed the wet garment into the backseat of William’s car. “I can’t believe you’re here! How’d she take it? Was Aunt Harmony pissed?”

“Well, she wasn’t thrilled.”

“William,” Buffy sang, hugging him tightly, crushing him into her damp clothes. “How are you? I bet you’re so happy.”

“I couldn’t be any more happy, especially now that you’re here with me. I’ve missed you, Buffy.”

“Aww…” Cooing, Buffy lifted his right arm and wrapped it around her so they could be close as he drove away from her house. “How long are you visiting?”

“About a week or until your mother chases me out of town with a torch and pitchfork.”

“I won’t let her do that. I’ll keep you a secret,” she whispered, giving him a squeeze. “Mom was locked in her room working before I left. I told her that I was going to the store.”

“How much time does that give us?”

“Oh, two hours, maybe even three. All I have to do is tell her that I was shopping for clothes. She knows how long that can take.”

“Ages and ages,” he teased, kissing the top of her head at a stoplight.

“So, where you taking me?”

“Don’t know, haven’t thought that far ahead. I came here directly from the airport. I still need to find a hotel; my bags are still flung in the backseat… Would you mind just driving around for a few? I don’t know about you, baby, but I’m not in a hurry to go out in this weather. My flight was delayed and almost rerouted…”

“I’d love it if we just drove, William,” Buffy sighed, resting her head on his chest. “I’m so glad you’re here…”
***

“You must think that I’m so lame.”

“Why?”

“I’m almost seventeen and my mom has to get me a babysitter when she goes out of town just for a weekend. That’s lame.”

“Maybe she just didn’t want you to get lonely…”

“Yeah right, she’s scared to death of all the parties that I was planning.”

“You party?”

“Well, yeah,” Buffy snorted, taking a big bite of her hamburger. “You gonna eat your pickle?”

“Be my guest.”

“It’s not like I’m one of those destructive teens that you see on TV. I just like to have a good time, you know?”

Frowning, William gave Buffy a sideways glance. In their close seats in the restaurant, he noticed her heavy, but carefully applied makeup, manicured nails and sweet-smelling perfume. “While you’re staying with us, you’ll keep your good-time-having to a minimum, right?”

“Oh, yeah. Sure. I don’t want any trouble. So…why didn’t Aunt Harmony pick me up?”

“Leg wax.”

“Figures,” Buffy muttered. “Thanks for getting me. I stayed with her before you guys got married and she never picked me up because she was getting her eyebrows done. I was eleven and had to take a cab. Am I sensing a trend here? Does Aunt Harmony not like me or does she just have a lot of out of uncontrollable body fuzz?”

“Oh, pet,” William chucked, surprised by her words, “ you’re gonna be a handful. I can tell already that we’re gonna get along marvelously.”

“So, I’m guessing that’s a yay for the fuzz, huh?” With a bright smile, Buffy stole a French fry from William’s plate. “No offense, but your wife has never been a favorite on my family tree.”

“I’m beginning to have that opinion as well.”

“What do you mean?”

“Don’t tell your auntie that I spilled the beans, but we’re getting a divorce.”

“Oh?”

“She doesn’t want to say anything to your folks, but I won’t lie to you and you’re a smart girl, so I know you’ll figure it out, especially when we’ll be fighting over the same couch tonight.”

“We could share it,” Buffy suggested a little song in her voice.

“Come again?”

“I-I mean, in the most G-rated way possible. Like, uh, every other day you get it, then I do. We, you know, swap.”

“Oh,” William mumbled, his heart recovering from the provocative connotation of her words.

“If you’re getting a divorce, what’s stopping you from moving out? What’s keeping you there? My parents separated the moment the d-word was mentioned.”

“Well, it’s my bloody house.”

“Oh, there’s a good reason.”

“She won’t leave. She claims that she’s poor.”

“But she has enough to pay for leg waxes. I’ve looked into a bikini wax and they aren’t cheap.”

“A bikini wax—what kind of sixteen year old are you?”

“The kind who’s almost seventeen,” Buffy smirked.

“I see…”

***

“We should head back,” William said, parking the car at the first rest stop out of Buffy’s sleepy town.

“So soon?”

“Yes, pet. Unless you brought your cell phone, then you could call her and make up another story. I’d have you use mine, but she’d see my number and--.”

“She’d shit her pants,” Buffy snickered. “My phone’s in my jacket, give me a minute.” Untangling from their embrace, she bent over the backseat, sticking her butt in the air. “While I’m doing this, feel free to check out my ass, William!”

“Buffy,” he scowled, even though he took up her offer and marveled briefly at how her tight jeans hugged her curves.

“I know, I know, I’m a rotten girl,” she laughed, mocking his accent. Flipping over, she returned to her seat and dialed her phone. “Darn, no reception.”

“Then that’s our sign to get you home, sweet pea.”

“But, William…”

“No pouting. Maybe I’ll swing by later. I will tomorrow, you can count on that.”

“But…I thought—I thought we were going to celebrate? We could stay here and cuddle some more—maybe you could even kiss me. I could kiss you…”

“Buffy, we’ve talked about that.”

“Yeah, yeah.” Defeated, she opened the car door and stood out in the rain.

“Don’t forget your coat.”

Buffy ignored him, slamming the door in answer to his comment.

“Oh, fuck. Fuck me. She’s gonna get me thrown into jail,” William groaned, watching as she ran towards the bathrooms in nothing but a white tank top and jeans as the heavy rain pelted her little body.

***
“I’m getting bored.”

“You don’t like the movie? You want the remote?”

“I don’t want to watch TV anymore.” Rising up out of the oversized sofa, Buffy looked outside of William’s home to the swimming pool in the backyard.

“She should’ve been back by now...”

“William, if Aunt Harmony wanted to be here, she’d be here.”

Knowing that Buffy was right, William sighed, “So, what would you like to do? We were going to take you to a movie, to some chick flick.”

“No more movies, please.”

“I see you eyeing the pool. Want to take a swim?”

“Um, maybe later. I feel like…William, do you like miniature golfing?”
***

“Damn it!”

“Excuse me?”

“Oh, so you can ‘bloody hell’ this and ‘sod’ that, but I can’t say the occasional dirty word?”

“You just aren’t trying hard enough.”

“Excuse me?” Buffy said, hand on her hip. “If you’re a goony golfing god, why aren’t you helping me?”

“Alright, I will.” Standing behind her, but keeping a tasteful distance, William put his hands over Buffy’s. “It’s not that difficult, sweet. It’s all about trig. Have you taken that in school yet?”

“Trigonometry? Ew, I’m on my third semester.”

“You like it that much?”

“No, I’ve failed it that much.”

“Did you bring your homework with you?”

“Why?”

“I could help…” Concentrating, he moved Buffy’s hand so it hit her golf ball with the perfect amount of force. “There you are, baby, a hole in how many? Thirty-three or should we fudge it a little?”

“Shut up,” Buffy laughed, giving him a playful shove.

***

“Buffy? Buffy, sweetheart? You okay? You’ve been in there too long. Should I come in?” William opened the door and put one foot into the bathroom. “Buffy?”

“William?”

“Oh, God, pet! Must you sneak up on me like that?”

“Just because we’re the only ones here, that doesn’t mean you can go in the women’s bathroom. Rules are rules, you know.”

“Where’ve you been? I thought you were dying in there.”

“I found a payphone. I called my mom and told her that I saw Willow at the store and that she wanted me to spend the night.”

“Spend the night?”

“I called Willow too, and she said that she’d cover for us.”

William swallowed, staring in disbelief as her soaked body trembled and shook.

“I told Willow that it was because of the weather. C-can I have my jacket?”

“Sure, sure. It won’t do you much good though.”

“That’s okay. I’m just feeling a little comfortable and a lot naked right now.” With an embarrassed grin, she balled up the coat and held it to her chest to shield her nipples from his view. “White shirts and rain don’t really mix. Remind me next time to wear a bra.”

“Uh, okay.”

“We should go to the car.”

“Yes, yes, you’re right.”
***

“William? William, where are you?”

“We’re in here, Harm!”

“Where have you been? I came home an hour ago and nobody was here. I called your cell. Did you not check your voice mail? You didn’t leave a note.”

“Hi, Aunt Harmony.”

“William,” Harmony said, ignoring Buffy.

“Where have you been?” Keeping his voice light, William spent more attention to the card game that he was playing with Buffy. “How much hair did you let sprout on those twigs of yours?”

“William, w-why are you being so mean?”

“I’m not. I picked up Buffy, we ate and we got restless waiting for you. We played two rounds of miniature golf, there’s a pizza on the way and now, your rotten niece is cheating at a game of poker.”

“I told you that I knew how to play,” Buffy grinned. “He’s just pissy because I’m winning and I won’t let him cheat. You want to play, Aunt Harmony?”

“No, I don’t want to play,” she pouted. “I-I’m going out!”

“Please don’t come back,” William mumbled, exchanging a mischievous grin with Buffy.

***
“I brought two bags of clothes, you see. One mostly of jeans and the other with everything else, you want to guess which bag this is?” Buffy and William were crowded in the back seat of the car with William’s luggage.

“The bag that you don’t want.”

“Guess I could get in the trunk…”

“No! I have an idea.” Gesturing for him to come forward, Buffy pushed his jacket off his shoulders.

“Buffy…”

“Shhh. Are your pants wet?”

“They’re tolerable.”

“Good.” She flashed him a little smile while she pulled his shirt off his head. “Now, go back to the front seat, please.”

“What are you going to do?”

“Change and then I’ll climb up to join you. I’ve got to get out of these clothes.”

“Oh.” After following her orders, William panicked silently over what he should do next. His dilemma seemed to get increasingly worse as he looked up at the rearview mirror just in time to get a glimpse of Buffy covering her perky breasts with his t-shirt. “Oh my God…”

“Oh my God, what?” Buffy asked, gracefully coming over the seat. Without saying another word, she returned to her original spot, under William’s arm and hugging his side.

“Buffy, I don’t know what to do now… Couldn’t you have given me a heads up before you made those calls?”

“We could go to a hotel…”

“I don’t know,” he croaked, seeing her bare leg so close to his. “Maybe I should take you home.”

“I’m staying with you. You can’t make me leave. Take me home and I won’t get out of the car.”

“Pet…”

“I’m serious.”

“You should cover your legs with something, baby.”

“I don’t want to move. I’m comfortable,” she muttered, brushing her lips against his chest, right above his flat nipple.

“Are you trying to give me a heart attack?”

“No, I’m trying to get you to touch me.”

“We’ve talked about this and-and…”

“And you’re a big chicken. I know you don’t want to get in trouble—hey I don’t want to get you in trouble—but I’m starting to really wonder why you came to see me. I think you’d rather we talk through calls and emails…”

“You’d rather we not talk period.”

“You flew over here to see me. That wasn’t cheap. What did you want to happen? Honestly?”

“Wanted us to celebrate the divorce…”

“How?”

“I just wanted to see you, alright?”

“Well, here I am. I’m in your car, in your shirt and there’s not another soul here. It’s raining and it’s oh-my-God romantic. Can’t we just, for one evening, pretend that I’m not sixteen? I’m not saying that you have to jump my bones, I’m just saying—well, I’m suggesting, can’t you treat me normally? Like you did when we first met? You told me things, you acted like we were on the same level, you know?”

“I know…but you never—you don’t act like any sixteen year old that I’ve ever come across.”

“Just talk to me, William. I’m guessing you got the house?”

“I did and the car. I paid for them. Harmony didn’t work, she just mooched.”

“Wow.”

“She wasn’t thrilled, like I said earlier, but she wasn’t crushed. There was a guy waiting for her after we signed the last bit of papers.”

“Was it the same guy as before? Or someone else? She always did move quickly.”

“Sometimes it’s hard not to, baby,” he mumbled, talking through her hair. “Sometimes, you have to take advantage of what makes you happy, of what it is that’s smack dab in front of you, regardless of bad timing.”

“Could age fall under timing?”

“Uh…yeah.”

“William, I wish I were older…”

“I wish you weren’t my ex-wife’s niece.”

“Ex-wife…I love the sound of that.”

“Me too, sweetheart. Me too.”

“Do I make you happy?” Buffy whispered, nuzzling his skin with her nose.

“Yes.”

“Are you going to take advantage of me?”

“I…”

“Be honest.”

“I’d like to, Buffy,” he admitted with a sigh. “Sod it all, send me to hell in a bloody hand basket, but I’d really like to.”
***

William slammed the front door and sat on the porch in a huff. “Fuck! Fucking cheating, whoring bitch--.”

“Oh, stop. Stop, oh, my virgin ears.”

“You should be sleeping.”

“With all that racket going on? You’d think I’d be used to it because of my parents, but I could never sleep while they were yelling.”

“Sorry, Buffy. You shouldn’t have to put up with this shit.”

“It’s okay.” Buffy sat next to William on the step and stretched her nightgown down over her knees and to her bare feet. “I’m just glad you’re here. So far, you’ve made my stay very fun, like a real vacation instead of just a trip to the babysitter’s.”

“I know that I shouldn’t care. We’re terminating our marriage. I shouldn’t care—why should I throw a fit if she’s sleeping with other guys?”

“You should make her move out.”

“That’s not a good way to talk about your auntie.” Giving Buffy a sideways glance, he pulled a flask out of his coat pocket. “If I drink in front of you, don’t tell your mother. I don’t know if she’d get mad, but I don’t want to take my chances.”

“If you give me a sip, my lips will be sealed.”

“You are a rotten little girl, have I told you that?”

“Gimme,” she said, taking the flask from his hands. Surprising William, she took two long swallows.

“And you call that a sip?”

“Yup.”

“Give that back to me. No more drinking for the baby.”

“I’m not a baby. I’m seventeen.”

“You’re almost seventeen. So, when do you bump it up to eighteen?”

“Why do you want to know?”

“No reason,” William mumbled, taking a sip of alcohol that mirrored her gulps.

“So, what made you marry my aunt?”

“Lost a bet.”

“You’re kidding.”

“I thought I loved her.”

“But you don’t?”

“She makes it very difficult to love her. Either she’s hanging on me and calling me her blondie bear or she’s a mega bitch. There’s no happy medium with her.”

“Blondie bear,” Buffy snickered, taking the flask.

“Does your mother know that you drink?”

“Yep. That’s why I’m here.”

“Ah, so I’m acting as one part babysitter and two parts watch dog.”

“You’re doing a very good job watching me,” she sang. “You’ve been watching me all day.”

“Give me that.”

“Oops, all gone.”

“Why, you little…”

“You should get some more.”

“I should and next time I’m not letting you hog it all.”

“What do you think we’ll do today? Do we have plans?”

“Maybe I’ll dump you with Harm…”

“No, no, please don’t!” Buffy giggled, grabbing his arm and pleading dramatically. “I want to spend time with you! I like you a lot, William!”

“I’m sure you do, my mini boozehound.”

“I was hoping we could swim…” Holding her cheek to his upper arm, Buffy gave him a flirtatious wink.

“Is something wrong with your eye, pet?”

“What do you think?” she purred.

“I think swimming is out of the question.”

“But…it’s hot and it’d be nice. I think you’d love my bathing suit.”

“You want to splash around in the water, baby? You’ll wash my car.”

“Huh?”

“I expect the windows to be sparkling and the carpets to be vacuumed.”

“But…”

“No buts, sweetness.” He looked at her pouting lips and leaned over to kiss the top of her head. “You really are a rotten girl.” Getting to his feet, William hid in the house before he was tempted to kiss her more.
***

“And here I was about to deem you my favorite uncle. I was going to make a certificate for you to hang on the wall and a cute little ribbon that says, ‘Buffy loves me better than you.’”

“Just start washing, pet.”

“Wait, I don’t know what to do.”

“Yeah right,” William chuckled from his lawn chair.

“You should help me.”

“I’m busy relaxing.”

“Please?”

“Let me give you the CliffsNotes version. Soap goes in bucket. Add water. Spray car, put soap on car. Rinse again and then use that chamois thing to dry the car. When you’re done with that, we’ll move on to the windows and the joys of vacuuming upholstery.”

“I can’t believe you’re making me do this. Aren’t there child labor laws here? I should tell my mom on you.”

“Try it and I’ll just say you agreed to do it while drunk.”

“You wouldn’t.”

“I would, baby. Now wash, I’ve got some reading to do.” William read a few pages under the shade tree, but looked up once he didn’t hear any noise coming from Buffy.

“Buffy, what the hell are you doing?”

“Getting into my bathing suit.”

“In the middle of the fucking driveway?”

“Well, kinda,” she laughed, kicking off her shorts.

“I do not think so, young lady.”

“Wow, I haven’t heard that since my dad was around. Whatcha gonna do? Scold me? How about a nice spanking? I’m sure you wouldn’t refuse giving me a swat if I were bare bottomed and over your knee…”

Jaw agape, William flew off the chair and gathered up the garden hose. “You—somebody needs a grounding!” Before Buffy could get her shirt off, William sprayed her with water.

“Hey! I have a swim suit on!”

“What kind of sixteen year old are you?” His anger quickly broke up into laughter as Buffy jumped and squealed. “What’s wrong, baby? The water too cold for you?”

“You’re so—I’m so telling on you!”

“Now there’s what I wanted to hear, Little Miss Sweet Sixteen acting her age!”

“Gimme the hose!” With a playful growl, Buffy came at him with her hands balled up into fists. She hit him with weak, good-humored punches, causing William to back up until he tripped and fell on the cement. “Oh, William!” she cried, kneeling next to him. “ I’m sorry! What’d you trip over?”

“My own two bloody feet,” he chuckled.

Giggling, Buffy took her wet shirt off and pillowed it under his head. “I should be spraying you so much right now, but I’ll spare you.”

“What? Why’d you do that, pet?”

“Because I’m sure the concrete can’t be comfortable,” she shrugged, tucking her wet hair behind her ears and smiling down at him. “So, I’m guessing this is a no on the spanking?”

“Buffy…”

“Yup, that’s a no on the spanking. That’s okay; I doubt it’d be appropriate anyway. You sure you aren’t hurt? Want me to check for bruises?”

“No.”

“You going to help me wash your car?”

“I guess.”

“Good! Let me help you up.” She wrapped her arms around him, pushing her bikini-clad body into his. “You really are my favorite uncle, William.”

“I won’t be your uncle for much longer, love.”

“I know,” she whispered, holding him close. “You should give me call when the divorce is settled.”

“I’d rather call you up when you’re eighteen.”

“But that’s not going to happen anytime soon, William.”

“Just make sure you give me your number. I might want to speak to you before then. Would you like that, if I gave you ring?”

“I’d love it,” she said, searching his eyes and wetting her lips. “We should keep in touch after I leave tomorrow.”

“That sounds like a plan.” Closing his eyes, William returned her embrace.

***

After William’s confession, Buffy held onto him tighter, but she didn’t make any hasty movements. They sat for what felt like hours in a peaceful silence, listening to the rain beat against his car until she lightly brushed her lips against his collarbone. “I knew you wanted me…”

At her throaty comment, William felt his heart expand to twice its original size. “Buffy…”

“I knew it. It’s not like you hid it very well, but still,” she exhaled warm air against his skin before kissing his neck, “I knew it.”

“Nothing must get past you.”

“Can I—would you mind if I came closer?”

Not answering, he let out a groan once she wiggled into his lap.

“I won’t let you get in trouble, William, I swear I won’t. I’ll be so careful. I won’t tell anyone, not even Willow. It’ll be our secret.” With her voice straining from impatience, she sweetly kissed his lips for the first, second and third time. “I-I love you, so much, if something bad happened to you because of me--.”

“Hush. I love you too.” William caressed her cheek before giving her a deeper kiss that was long overdue. They moaned in unison, sharing one sigh in relief, as they fully explored each other’s lips, tongues and teeth. They kissed leisurely as minutes pasted and all William could do was hope that he was holding her as tightly as she clung to him.

“Oh…oh my—wow.”

“Ditto,” he mumbled, deciding it was his turn to rest and bury his head against her chest. “Knew if I let that happen there’d be no going back.” Gathering her shirt by the fistfuls, he pulled it up until he could bring one of her hard nipples into his mouth. He nuzzled his cheek against the damp mound and eagerly went to taste its twin. “Been thinking about this since I met you. God, how I’ve wanted you.”

He pulled off the shirt completely and kissed her mouth again while he held and stroked her breasts with his hands. “God, how I’ve loved you, baby. This is how I wanted to celebrate my divorce,” he admitted, slipping a finger beneath the waistband of her underwear.

“William,” Buffy panted. “W-what about that hotel?”

“…Hotel?”

Buffy took his hands in hers and placed them on her lower back. “What you were doing feels so great, so wonderful…”

“But?”

“But…can you kiss me some more? Please?”

“Did I move too fast? Fuck, Buffy, I didn’t mean to--.”

“I just want to be kissed for now. Touch me, but not there yet. You remember being sixteen, right? We take these things in stages. Kissing leads to making out with some petting, then comes heavy petting and the oral, followed by the sweet lovemaking. It’s okay to play the stages a bit, but I’d rather be in a bed instead of a rental car. And, um, somewhere between the licking and snuggling, that RV showed up.”

“What RV?”

“The one to your right,” Buffy said, kissing above his brow. “They didn’t see us, but you know, we shouldn’t take our chances. You’re not going to jail on my watch.”

“Oh, yeah, we should go.” Swallowing, he searched for the discarded t-shirt. “Arms up.” Once she was modestly covered, William touched his thumb and forefinger to the pebbled end of her left breast. “This will continue once we get to a hotel. I will follow all the proper procedures and we’ll dabble in each and every bloody stage, but I’m not going to let you slip away from me. I don’t care how old you are or who you’re related to, I truly do love you and you do make me deliriously happy and…Buffy, what are you doing?”

“Move into the passenger seat, William.”

“Why?”

“Because.”

“But I was giving a speech--.”

“It was beautiful. Move.”

“Alright.” Holding her close, he scooted them over. “Now what?”

“Do you know the only great thing about being almost seventeen?” Grinning impishly, Buffy snuck down into the little space at William’s feet. She quickly unbuttoned his pants and pulled down his zipper.

“I, uh, think I’m going to find out. Aren’t I, baby?”
***

The End.