Author's Chapter Notes:
Hi, this is a fic I'm currently working on. I got at least 3 chapters up so far in the process. I had the idea of making it in Buffy's point of View from 'Interview with a Vampire'. Don't worry, its totally different from it. Enjoy!
Preface

It all happened on a dark and dreary night in the year 1880. I was just a common girl at the tender age of 16. I worked on the family plantation for as long as I could remember. I was an only child and did as I pleased. I was expected to be perfect and to marry into a wealthy family. But all my plans changed one night. I was coming home from the neighbors, when I heard a noise in the forest. I thought it was my imagination. I didn't think it could be anything since I did not believe in Vampires, Werewolves, and all the other horrid stories you hear about. But yet my curiosity was at its apex. I tried to ignore the dark, ominious forest before me but something about it was off. I started to walk back home and ignore my curosity when I heard the noise again. This time louder. What could it be, I wondered. I followed the noise through the forest. I zigzagged through trees until I came upon a clearing. But nothing was there. I started to think I imagined it. Then all of a sudden to my right I heard a noise. Not just an ordinary noise. A noise of someone rustling their clothes. Then out of the clearing, into the moonlight stood a man dressed all in black. His skin was pale, paler then any person I have ever seen. He looked so mysterious, yet friendly at the same time. He circled behind me, leaned into my ear and whispered, "I've been expecting you." Next second he was right in front of me.

The moon above cascaded a dark shadow over this mysterious creatures face. His eyes stuck out to me. They were so blue. Blue as an ocean at sunset. There was a sparkle in his eye as if he was up to something. Something evil, something bad, something not good. He circled around me as if he was sizing me up. "Your a nummy little treat," He whispered as he stopped behind me. "Your little neck is so vulnerable. I can just hear the blood rushing, the pulse pounding. Its begging me to taste it." He very slowly lowered his mouth to my neck. He slowly opened his mouth. He slowly kissed my pulse point. I felt shivers go down my spine. I felt his arms go around me. He whispered close to my ear, "Do you want to live and grow old? Or do you want the life where you will never age, never die?" He turned me to face him. I was nervous, as I thought of what path I would choose.

He grew impatiant with time. He grabbed my arms as hard as he could and hissed, "Answer me!" I had no idea what to do. He said, "Either way I will kill you." I thought it over and told him I chose to never age, and never die. He nodded his head and said, "That is a good choice." He slowly went down to my neck and opened his mouth wide. I felt his teeth, no his fangs, peirce my skin. I looked up at the starless night and then everything went black. The last thing I saw was the sparkle and joy in his eyes.

That was then though. That was what happened to me that night. The night that changed my life forever. I never truly got over the fact about what happened. But I learned to live with my new life as it came upon me. Those were treacherous years. But that night was the last night I would ever see my family again. That is until I killed them.


Chapter 1

I awoke two nights later in a coffin. I tried desperately to claw my way out of the coffin before I couldn't breathe. It felt like I couldn't get out there fast enough. Finally I got the top ripped open and dirt started to spill in. I climbed out and up. It felt like I was digging for hours when, finally, I felt my hand go through a layer of dirt into the night air. I came up gasping for air when I realized I didn't need to breathe. I looked around me and I saw the world in a different view, not as a person but as a creature of the night.

I got up from the ground and started to explore. I didn't get to far when I ran into someone. Not someone. The something that made me what I was. "What did you do to me?" I asked him desperately.

"I only did what you chose for me to do," He circled around me, looking up and down as if I was what he expected. As if he read my mind he said, "You came out perfect. Not that you weren't perfect before. It is just you changed somewhat. You seem unsure but that will go away once I show you the way of being a vampire."

I was starting to rethink my desicion. But I knew that I couldn't take it back. This was my life. This was who I was. I stood up straighter and said, "How will you show me a way of being a vampire? I do not understand."

He looked at me in bewilderment. He said, "What is there to not understand. I shall show you how to hunt, eat, and live without anyone catching on to who you are."

"But I do not have fangs." I said as I ran my tongue over my teeth.

"They grow in whenever you want them too." He said with a smirk. "We must get started right away. You have a lot to learn."


Over the following weeks I began to learn the way of the vampire. I caught on quickly and I think he was glad. I started to realize that I never knew his name. I referred to him as Master or Sir. But never by his name. So one night when we were going out to get a bite to eat I asked, "What is your name?"

"My name?" He looked at me with a sparkle of delight in his eyes. "You don't know my name?"

"No!" I said solemly.

"Why do YOU want to know my name?"

"Because I don't know what to call you Sir."

All of a sudden he stopped walking. He turned around to face me and said, "Don't know what to call me? Why you just called me Sir." With that said, he turned back around and started to walk towards the park.

"But I want to call you something other then Sir, Sir."

He stopped at the entrance to the park and said. "Why is it so important that you know my name?"

"I told you," I whispered. "I want to know you a little bit more. And I want to call you something other then Sir."

He said nothing for a long while. I saw his face change. It looked as if he was having an argument with himself. Then all of a sudden he said, "Does my name really matter to you?"

I walked closer to him and put my hand on his arm and said, "Yes. It does."

He thought long and hard and said, "My name is William." He turned around and walked into the park. I just stayed there and stared. What is wrong with the name William, I wondered. I started to walk after him. But stopped halfway when I realized that I could never catch up to him.


When I got home later that night I realized that I was alone. I looked in every room. One after another I found nothing inside the dark and dank rooms. I came upon my room and decided to go inside. At least I'd have a nice sleep. I turned the handle and walked in. I stepped inside and closed the door behind me. I shrugged out of my black duster and threw it on the floor. I looked around my room and went to sit at my desk.

I liked my room. It had no windows. William found a great place for us two to live. It was on an old mansion on the side of town that no one used anymore. Most of the windows were replaced with solid brick wall. I remember the first day we found this place.


We walked through the graveyard. The further away we got from my grave the more I felt better about my decision. We walked for seven minutes when we came upon an old mansion. I looked at the building and found some windows but not many. As if William could read my mind he said, "This is a perfect place."

Over the next couple of days we picked rooms and found odds and ends wherever we went. I found paint that no one used and like the colors. I used the paint to paint my room a dark, crimsom red. Then slowly we started to get furniture. My bed went up against a wall and my desk against the wall farthest from the bed but close to the door. Then when I went "practicing" with William I found pretty items that I would pick up here and there. If I liked it I would take them home. Soon my room became my sanctuary away from Willaim's nagging. I spent most of the day in there. My time was spent writing in a journal I stole from the store. I wrote about the things that interested me that I wanted to remember.


As I sat behind my desk I started to think of why William ran away. But I did not want to think about that now. I was tired. I started to get undressed when I sensed another presense in the room. Without turning around I knew who it was. I could smell who it was. "William!" I whispered.

"Yes," he said. "It is me."

I turned around. "Why did you run away?"

"Because I felt ashamed of my name." He sat down on my bed and looked down, examining the carpet.

I moved closer to him. "You shouldn't be ashamed of your name. I think it is cute."

"I don't think so." He shook his head with force.

I was closer to him and I sat on the bed. "But do you know my name?"

"No!" He said ashamed.

I looked down at the carpet. "Well, my name is Elizabeth."

He looked up at me then. His eyes sparkeled with hope. Hope? Hope for what? I shall soon find out. "Well," He stood up and walked to the door. He put his hand on the knob. "I am off to bed. Sleep tight." Before I could blink he was gone.

I changed into my nightgown and layed down on my bed. I pulled the red satin sheets over me and stared up at the ceiling. I closed my eyes and started to have a dreamless sleep.

I awoke the next night with questions buzzing around my head. But they would have to wait for an answer. I got out of bed and sat down at my desk. I began to write about my troubles and the unanswered questions I had. An hour past by before I stopped writing. I filled up five pages of the journal. I then got up and got dressed before William came looking for me.

I found William in the living room just staring into the flames in the fireplace. I stood in the doorway afraid to move incase it might disturb him. I stared at him from across the room with wonderment. I examined him. I saw beauty where I saw nothing before. I saw friendliness where I once saw evilness. He moved. He just sat back in the couch. I was relieved. I did not want him to find out I was examining him.

I went out to find a bite to eat by myself. I decided to change the place of my victims tonight. I decided to walk around the town. There was hardly anyone out tonight. I ran into a man. "I am terribly sorry." He said as he picked up his books. I looked him up and down and decided that he would do good for tonight. I vamped out, as they called it. But before I could do anything I was attacked from behind.

I was pinned against the wall. I looked up and saw William. He leaned in closer to me. The next thing I knew we were kissing. I sensed nothing but him and I. The here and now. Then the kissed ended. I looked up at William with confusion. He leaned in and whispered, "He was your fiancee." My hopes went down. I thought there was something behind that kiss. But I was being foolish. William did not seem the type to like anyone. Let alone be in a relationship with anyone. But I was getting ahead of myself. I pushed William away and went for a walk. A walk would soothe my nerves.

I had no desination in mind but I ended up at a cemetary. I walked past the rusty, metal gates. I walked past gravestone upon gravestone, not once stopping. I came upon a crypt. A very old and empty crypt. I opened the door. It creaked very loudly in the still night air. I walked in and saw a very open and almost empty crypt. It seemed so isolated from the world. I liked it. I went in the crypt further and further untill I had nowhere else to go. The place was very spacious and very quiet.

I stayed in the crypt for hours. I just sat there and thought things through. The questions became less intense. But I heard the clock strike one a.m. I had to get back home. I made my way out of the crypt but stopped at the door. I turned around one last time to look at the crypt that I called my own.

I made my way home very slowly. I did not want to see William yet. I was hoping I could sneek in and be unnoticed. I got home and found the place eeirly quiet. I went to my room. I got quite a shock when I opened my bedroom door. Inside the room on my desk was a single red rose with a note attached. I picked up the note first and opened it. It read:

Dearest Elizabeth,
I do not know what it was that I felt when I kissed you but it meant something to me. I have been having these feelings for you that I can't explain. I realize that you feel nothing for me but I realized these feelings when I first saw you. I found you to be the prettiest girl around. That is why I turned you into what you are today. I am so sorry for not telling you sooner. But this was something that I had to keep to myself until the right time came. And today was a righter time then any. I am so sorry for not telling you sooner. But I, William, love you, Elizabeth. So please when you get this please think things through before you get mad.
Always Yours,
William

The note took me by surprised. I had no idea what to think. I didn't know what my feelings were about him. So I sat down at my desk and wrote about the day and wrote about the options about William. I feel asleep that night with a full conscience.