Author's Chapter Notes:
The Jonathan mentioned in Buffy’s gang is NOT the Jonathan from the Buffy series. His last name is Kalmen, so it’s Jonathan Kalmen. We just wanted to kind of make the gang with equal girls and boys so we came up with a new character. Just to help you out a bit Jonathan is tall but not quite as tall as Angel and he has black hair. And anything in italics are thoughts.
Disclaimer: We own nothing. It all belongs to Joss. Except for Jonathan he is ours.



Buffy walked into the cafeteria spotting her friends at their usual table, waved and walked towards them. Just a few feet away from the table she was cut off by Cordelia and her gang, approaching her dearest friends.

“Willow! I’m glad to see you’ve seen the softer side of Sears,” Cordelia mocked, while walking up to their table.

“Just leave us alone, Cordy,” Xander said defensively. Just then Angel Carson, captain of the football team, stepped up in front of his girlfriend and threateningly said,

“You better watch what you say to my girl, Harris, or you might not make it to your next class.” As Buffy finally pushed her way through to her table she turned to Angel looking him directly in the eyes,

“Why don’t you all just leave us alone, and go have an orgy somewhere.”

“A swing and a hit for the shorty,” was called out from Riley Finn, Angel’s right hand man.

“Just shut up Riley,” Angel said turning away from Buffy and walking to a different table, and of course the rest of his gang followed. After Buffy watched them leave she turned around to look at her friends. There she saw her best friend, Willow Rosenberg, sitting on Daniel “Oz” Osbourne’s lap. Oz is her boyfriend who doesn’t speak so much. Next to them sat Jonathan Kalmen, who is in a band with Oz. Then came Alexander “Xander” Harris, her other best friend. Last came Tara McClay, the most resent member of the group.

“Geez Buffy, don’t you think that was a little harsh?” Tara spoke up. Everybody turned giving her weird looks.

“After all the crap we’ve taken from them over all these years, I don’t think so,” Xander said rudely.

“I’d have to agree with Xander on this one,” Oz agreed. Next thing they heard was the snickering of The Vamps from across the room. Now should be the time to explain. The Vamps is what Cordelia and her gang is referred to as. The Vamps consist of Cordelia Chase, the most popular girl in school. Her boyfriend, Liam Carson, but everyone calls him Angel. Then there is Riley Finn, Angel’s right hand man, also on the football team with Angel. Also Harmony Kendall, a ditzy blonde that follows Cordelia everywhere. Her boyfriend Parker Abrams, a player, the two are always cheating on each other and everyone knows it except them. Finally Drusilla Rodriguez, one of the bitchiest people on earth.

When they all looked to see what was going on, they saw William Anderson, the biggest geek in school, crawling around on his hands and knees looking for his glasses.

“We may be picked on a lot, but at least we’re not him,” Jonathan said pointing over to William.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The next day started with the usual ritual of The Vamps picking on them. It has been a routine that has being going on since their freshman year all the way to their final year in high school as seniors. Soon Parker walked up to them alone,

“You guys listen I am really sorry for all the mean things The Vamps have said and done to you over all these years.”

“No you’re not,” Xander almost yelled at him. Soon Parker had a sullen face,

“No really! I was wondering if you would be able to forgive me for everything I’ve done and let me hang with you,” he said in a sympathetic voice.

“Yeah right,” Jonathan spoke in a vicious tone.

“I’m serious though.”

“Really?” Willow asked in a hopeful tone, “You’d want to like hang out with us? Wouldn’t people like be staring at us a lot cause like you are usually with them and…,” Willow babbled on.

“Hell no, I ain’t a sorry loser like yourself,” Parker bit back with laughter in his voice. Soon the rest of The Vamps came up to join him laughing.

“You know that’s it. Everyday now you come over here and tease us just so you can get your laughs. So I’m willing to do anything. What will it take to get you off our backs?” Buffy outbursted.

This caught Cordy’s interest. “Anything,” Cordy said a little amused.

“Not anything. It has to be reasonable.” Buffy responded.

“How about… you have to do what I say for a month. No wait never mind you would be too lucky to do that. Ok… Oh I got it you have to date a geek…” Cordy was saying before she got cut off.

“Come on that’s easy.” Harmony exclaimed.

“Let me finish,” Cordy said harshly, “You have to date a geek that I choose and then you have to get him to say he loves you by Winter Formal, but one of us has to here him say it.” Buffy pondered the option for a couple of minutes,

“Buffy, it’s not worth it,” Jonathan tried to convince her, “Winter Formal is only about a month away.”

“I know, I know but this is like our only chance to get them off our backs once and for all,” Buffy replied.

“Do you really think it’s worth it?” Tara questioned with concern. Buffy thought for a second and answered Tara,

“Definitely,” then she turned to Cordelia, “Deal.”

“Great,” Cordy said with a smile, clapping her hands and rubbing them together, “Now for the geek.” Cordy looked around the campus trying to find the perfect geek. Her eyes landed on one, Warren Mears. Cordelia walked up to him to check him out,

“Pretty good, okay in clothes, has a pretty big brain,” Cordy rambled then someone caught her eye, “Perfect.”

“Ok fine, Warren it is then.” Buffy agreed.

“No not Warren, him,” She said pointing to William Anderson.

“No not him, William Anderson is the biggest geek in the school.” Buffy pleaded.

“I think he is perfect,” Cordy said with her gang agreeing trying to keep from laughing, “He is the lucky winner so if I were you I would get going.” With that they left. Buffy turned around to look at her friends.

“So what are you going to do now?” Oz questioned.

“I guess I have to go and make nice with William,” Buffy said turning around to walk away.

“Good luck,” Willow said sympathetically.

“Thanks, I’m gonna need it,” Buffy replied before making her way over to William. William is the biggest geek in school as you’ve already been told. He has no friends, none, and when he isn’t in his class he is in the library. He moved to Sunnydale, California during his freshman year and ever since then he has also been a frequent victim of The Vamps. Buffy followed William till he stopped at his locker to swap his books, she walked up to him,

“Hey.” William looked up at the speaker, but then ducked his head back down,

“Hi,” he said shutting his locker and making his way to the library. Why is she talking to me? Me of all people, she has to be up to something. Buffy stood there shocked for a second then went after him again,

“Hey why won’t you talk to me?” God he is such a geek, making his way to the library as usual. He just kept his head down and ignored her. Maybe if I ignore her she’ll go away.

“Hello, is anybody in there?” Why did I agree to this? If he isn’t going to talk to me then how am I suppose to do this?

“Leave me alone.” What is she trying to get at?

“Look I wanted to talk to you.” Come on answer me.

“Look can you pick on me later.”

“No because I’m not going to. I really wanted to talk to you. No teasing I promise.”

“Fine, but make it quick.”

“Um…well, I was wondering…” Come on Buffy, how can you be so stupid and not plan what you were going to ask him, “well…”

“Spit it out already Summers,” William spat.

“Okay, okay, well would you be able to… tutor me?” Ah, good idea.

“You want me to tutor you?”

“Well yes, I’m not doing so well in history.” Look at me I’m on a roll.

“And why didn’t you ask Willow to help you instead?”

Oh crap, umm…come on Buffy think. “She is um… already helping Xander with his math.” Oh yeah I am good. William sat and thought for a minute.

“Fine, um… when do you want to get together?”

“Oh, uh…” Crap what’s with all the hard questions? I mean come on couldn’t he just ask me how old I am or something? “How ‘bout you come over to my house…Saturday?”

“Yeah sure,” Did she just invite me to her house? Oh my god she did, and I just agreed to it! “I’ll be there around 2, is that okay?” Why not just go ahead and tell her you have had the biggest crush on her for the past 3 years you git.

“Yeah, great. I’ll see you then.”

“See ya,” with that William turned to head to the library, but was stopped by Buffy,

“Wait, I forgot to give you my address.”

“I know where you live,” Could you sound any more like a stalker?

“Uh, you do?” Stalker!

“Yeah you live at 1630 Revello Drive…”

“Uh…”

“I live next door to you.”

“Oh,” Buffy had a confused face on, “I’ll see you Saturday,” she said turning to walk back to her friends. He lives next door? I’ve never seen him. He’s lived next door to me for almost 4 years now and I never knew?