Third Part to Gift Trilogy

Title: Sirens’ Song
Author: Tygerlily
Email: Angelusblood@yahoo.com
Summary: Companion piece to 'One Day'
Spoilers: Up to 'The Gift'
Disclaimer: Not mine. Never will be! ::sniff::
Rating: I dunno PG-13
Warning: Angst-Romance
Author Note: Song is China Roses by Enya

~****~


As I walk through the trees I can feel the summer’s breeze against my back. I’ve gone through many a change the past few months. My once slicked back locks fall softly around my face in a mess of tousled curls and gone are my combat boots and leather duster replaced with a soft silk black shirt and pair of Armani shoes.

Tonight the sky is clear even the stars can’t be seen. I know that she’s near by. I can feel her, hear her. For the longest time I feared that I would never find her. Except for our first and last dance I have not seen her except in my dreams. It seems that the powers have made her some sort of a siren.

So I followed my sirens’ song and it has led me here… to the city that never sleeps; I continue to wonder the island of Manhattan in hopes of finding her soon but as the nights pass I fear that I never will.

I walk pass ‘The Alice in Wonder Land Statue’ and I suddenly I know she’s there.

Who can tell me if we have heaven,
who can say the way it should be;
Moonlight holly, the Sappho Comet,
Angel's tears below a tree.

You talk of the break of morning
as you view the new aurora,
Cloud in crimson, the key of heaven,
one love carved in acajou.

I let her voice wash over me and it fills me with warmth long forgotten. When I finally turn I see her practically float before me draped in soft silks of white and gold. Her long flowing blonde hair falls softly around her face causing her sun kissed skin to glow even more.

One told me of China Roses,
One a Thousand nights and one night,
Earth's last picture, the end of evening:

I reach out to touch her and I feel as if I’m being burned. She’s so pure and full of good. I know that I’m not deserving of her but I’m not detoured. The white glow around her flares up and becomes a brilliant mixture of blues and greens. I can feel my eyes grow bright as I feel the love she feels for me invade my heart.

hue of indigo and blue.

“My sweet William, I told you that I’d come for you”

Large crystals like tears fall from my eyes only to stream down my pale alabaster skin. I’ve known all along that she’d come for me but now that she’s here I know for sure. I know that she has always loved me and that I will always love her.

It was 147 days yesterday since she’s been gone and 148 today…but I guess today doesn’t count…

A new moon leads me to
woods of dreams and I follow.
A new world waits for me;
my dream, my way.

I know that if I have heaven
there is nothing to desire.
Rain and river, a world of wonder
may be paradise to me.

She said that ‘One Day’ that she’d come for me, that’d we’d dance again. All I know now is that I’m no longer ‘Alone’ and that she’s always been with me and always will be… now I see…

I see the sun.
I see the stars.


End