A tear rolled down Buffy’s cheek. Spike had been gone for 3 months, and now here he was, standing in front of her. All emotions coursed through her body. She couldn’t be mad at him, he looked beat up.

“Spike” she said, her voice quivering. How badly she wanted to run to him and kiss him. But that was what had led to this situation in the first place. She didn’t know what to say.

Spike ran a hand through his bleached blond hair. He hadn’t wanted her to find him back so soon. He had just arrived the night before. “Buffy” he said in almost a whisper. He couldn’t possibly look her in the eye after what he had tried to do to her. “I can’t deal with you right now. It hurts when you’re around me. And the bloody soul isn’t really to my advantage at the moment.”

Buffy flinched at his words. She hurt him just by standing there. Right when she was about to snap back an answer, white lights started to surround them. “Spike, what’s going on?”

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Spike awoke lying on a couch. He sat up instantly. This wasn’t his crypt. He looked around the room, then realized it was Buffy’s house. And what surprised him more was the beating of his heart. “Bloody hell” he said sitting up.

This little girl ran into the room. “Daddy! Daddy! Guess what? I tied my shoes! Look!” she yelled excitedly holding up her foot for him to see.

What the bloody hell was going on? He was at Buffy’s house and a little girl was calling him Daddy…

Buffy woke up on a king size bed. She turned over. This wasn’t her room. She immediately remembered her last thought and ran downstairs as quick as possible. She stopped dead in her tracks when she came upon the sight. A little girl was sitting on Spike’s lap watching TV. Something weird was definitely going on. One thing, Spike was in her house.

“What’s she doing?” asked the girl curiously.

Spike raised an eyebrow. He felt weird with a little girl sitting on his lap. “I dunno Midget. Haven’t got to watch it in a while. A very long while apparently.” Then he spotted Buffy.

“Spike what’s going on?” she asked nervously. She figured he had something to do with it. Maybe his return was a setup.

Spike shrugged. “I dunno Slayer, but I like it here.”

The girl giggled. “Daddy your so funny!”

Buffy’s face cringed. Daddy? Where the heck was she? She put on a fake smile. “Spike, can I see you in the kitchen please?”