Author's Chapter Notes:
For al those kind souls who wanted us to continue
Car Trouble 14

Pairing B&S
Disclaimer – We own no characters, this is just for fun

Rating 15


And Baby Makes Three!


Chapter 1


“Are you out of your bleedin’ tree, you great poof?”

“What?”

“If you think for one minute, that I’m going to lead my eight months pregnant wife into a darkened room so you bunch of prats can suddenly put the lights on and yell ‘SURPRISE’ at her, then you’re sadly mistaken!”

Spike shook his head in disbelief at Angel’s suggestion

“Well what had you got planned?”

“It’s private – and nothing and nobody will get it out of me, safe to say, my wife will love it, it’s just what she wants”

“Well can we come over to you then?”

Spike rolled his eyes, honestly, he’d forgotten when talking to Angel instead of ‘adult’ he needed to switch to ‘special needs’ and talk to him like he was a three year old deaf foreigner.

“No, you bloody well can’t! Haven’t enough room for one thing”

“You’ve got a spare bedroom”

“Which is full of junk”

“You have three bedrooms!”

“And one is being turned into a nursery, hence the other one full of junk!”

“Oh yeah, I see. So we can’t see Buffy at all on her birthday then?”

“Not the actual evening, no, she’s mine – all mine!”

“Well, I think you’re being selfish!”

“And I think you’re a wanker – so what!”

“Well tell her I said hello”

“I won’t bye!”

************


Buffy yawned and stretched

“Who was that on the phone baby?”

“Nobody pet, just some idiot trying to sell insurance”

“You called him a wanker, was it Angel?”

Spike rolled his eyes

“Okay, it was the annoying poof, yeah”

“What did he want – is there trouble? He does know I’m eight months pregnant doesn’t he?”

“Yes pet, he knows, and no, there’s not any trouble. Idiot wanted me to take you over to Wolfram so they could yell ‘SURPRISE’ at you, give you a surprise party for your birthday”

“If somebody jumped out and yelled at me, I swear my water’s would break…I’d be forced to kill them!”

“Really, hold on, I’ll just ring him back, tell him it’s an excellent idea!”

Buffy gave her hubby an indulgent grin

“Nah, I told him – not in so many words though…”

“What did you say?”

With a grin Spike said,

“I asked him if he was out of his bleedin’ tree!”

Buffy smiled sat up straight and said,

“So, what HAVE you got planned?”

“Oh no missy, you get to find out on your birthday – needless to say, you’ll love it”

“Hmm…does it involve chocolate covered strawberries?”

“Might do!”

“And a long sensual bath with candles and scented oils”

“Could be!”

“And a foot massage and a back rub and-“

“And wait and see!”

“Ow – ow-ow ow!”

Spike’s face changed from a grin to looking worried

“What’s up pet?”

“Playing football with my kidney’s…can you – Thanks!” Spike gently lifted her to her feet, and she padded to the stairs

“Can we eat now… we’re starving!” She rubbed her ‘bump’

“Sure thing pet”

When Buffy came down ten minutes later, Spike had laid her tray, and put a bowl of mixed salad on the coffee table.

On a plate he put her one oven baked jacket potato, (not a microwaved one, as she liked the crispy skin), and two pieces of herby baked chicken in crispy crumb.

“Hmm yummy………”

“Here you go pet – have some salad too”

Buffy had been very good at eating during her pregnancy, the first couple of months she hadn’t known about it and had eaten everything in sight – but after she’d known the reason for her middle-of-the-night trips to the fridge, she’d begun to eat sensibly.

“More chicken pet?”

“Ooh yeah, gimme, gimme, gimme!”

Spike stood and went into the kitchen, he’d just opened the oven, when Xander walked in, looking like he’d been blown up………his hair was sticking up and all frizzy, his clothes were blackened and smouldering, his face was black and sooty

“Bleedin’ ‘ell whelp – you look like the creature from the black lagoon!”

“Oh ha-ha dead-boy! ‘S’cuse me while I split my sides laughing”

“What you do, piss off the witch?”

“Who are you talking to Spike?”

“Not sure pet, it could be the thing from the black lagoon, or it MIGHT be one of the black and white minstrels – Well Hello, Dolly!” Spike sang, waving his hands in the air.

“Who?”

“Doesn’t matter. It’s the whelp – he go boom!” Xander trudged to the archway between the kitchen and the lounge

“He go what- ooh what’s that smell – I can smell burn- GOOD GRIEF XANDER, what happened to you?” She had to bite her bottom lip so as not to laugh.

“Good question. I was minding my own business, when –“

“Huh, I find THAT hard to believe…here you go pet, eat it while it’s hot”

Xander ignored Spike’s comment and repeated,

“Minding my own business walking past the Magic Box, anyway – I thought I saw a flashlight, you know, somebody in there who shouldn’t be, so I try the door and it’s locked, so I go round the back, and this -this thing, looked like a pixie or something asked what I thought I was looking at, threw down his arm, there was a flash and a bang and when the smoke cleared, he was gone”

“Have you told Giles?”

“I thought he might be here”

“No, what made you think that?”

“Coz I’ve looked everywhere else. He’s not at home, the library and Willow hasn’t seen him either, so I thought he might be here”

“Bet you’ll find he’s home by now, probably making his way there as you were in between places”

Spike clicked his fingers

“I know where he is, he’s with Faith”

“Yeah?”

“Yeah, Wesley’s having a week off, Giles said he’d take over as her watcher”

“Ah…I forgot about that, he did say”

“Well don’t let us keep you – you stink – probably polluting the atmosphere, and that’s not good for my baby son – so if you don’t mind mate – sod off – in fact I don’t care if you DO mind, still sod off!”

Xander gave Spike a sour look, turned and trudged out. Spike’s frown from looking at Xander turned into a smile when he looked at his blossoming wife.

“You made short work of that chicken, pet!”

“It was really yummy…what’s the secret ingredients?”

“Ah, THAT would be telling!”

“Is there ice-cream?”

“I think there’s some yes, or there’s cheesecake”

Buffy grinned

“Is there – ooh goody…what fruit?”

“Guess”

“Cherry?”

“Yup – as if I’d make you anything else when I know cherry is your favourite”

“Aww baby, you’re SO good to me, come here…my big grry vampire…”

Spike readily slipped into her arms and snuggled as close as her bump would allow.

“I was thinking…” Buffy began, brushing her lips on his forehead while gently twirling the soft curls at the nape of his neck – this always sent Spike ga-ga, and he had his eyes closed, a serene smile on his face.

“What’s that baby?”

“Is there a sort of vampire equivalent of a ‘God parent’ – and if so, who shall we choose without hurting those left out?”

“There’s an ancient family bond thing…but if you think for one split second I want my son to be bonded to anybody in my ‘family’

“Or daughter”

“What?”

“You keep on saying ‘your son’ – it might be a daughter”

“Nah, it’s a boy”

“How do you know?”

“I just do – it’s a father/son thing!”

“Spike…if it IS a girl, would you be disappointed?” Buffy’s luminous eyes shone

“Are you kidding? – If she’s half as beautiful as her mum, I’ll still be the happiest vampire in the world! Only thing is…”

“What?” Buffy asked worriedly

“Gonna have to blindfold the male population when she hits fifteen” Buffy grinned

“Well sort that out when the time comes!”