Chapter Five

"Mom! You're never going to guess how awesome this year's going to be!" Buffy said excitedly as she came bouncing through her back door several minutes later. "I talked to Giles," she was literally bouncing on the balls of her feet, "and he said that he had Will's schedule…but he wasn't going to show it to me, you know in case William and I didn't have any classes together, but I convinced him I could handle it and guess what?" Not giving her mother a chance to respond, the excited teenager carried on, "Will and I have every other class together. Every other one can you believe that?"

"I'm gonna go call Amy!"

"Sweetheart, you and Amy haven't been friends since we left L.A., you haven't talked to her in six years." Joyce explained calmly, trying to keep the amusement out of her voice.

"Well, yeah, of course I know that, but Wills is out of town and I don't have her number there and Xander's at those weird relatives of his that don't have a phone---so who else am I going to call?" Buffy explained, "And I just have to tell somebody!"

"Fine, dear, you do that," Joyce said, knowing arguing or even tying to be rational with Buffy wasn't going to get her anywhere.


"Amy?" Buffy said as the other end of the line was answered, "Hi, it's Buffy, yeah, a long time, right? Listen, I know this will sound horrible since I haven't called you in so long, but I just need to tell somebody and it was weird, I was just sort of, like, hey I should call Amy. And it wasn't for a few minutes until I realized I hadn't talked to you in six years and you might think I was a freak if I called you, but I thought I'd give it a try anyway."

"Well, what was it you wanted to tell me?" Amy asked, too stunned to say anything else.

"William, he's my boyfriend," Buffy started, only to be interrupted by Amy who had seemed to have finally gotten a hold on her confusion and had decided she might as well find out the whole story if she was going to be a part of this.

"How long have you two been going steady?"

"For about a year, ever since he moved here from England. Oh, Amy," she gushed, "he's the best boyfriend a girl could have and I just love him so much. I don't think anybody thought we'd last this long, I mean I'm co-captain of the cheerleading squad and William, well, he's a rebel if ever there was one."
"Really?" Amy asked, getting into girl-talk mode.

"Totally, he's a badass, but he's just the ginchiest."
"And you're doing the whole paper shaker thing?"

"Well, yeah, it's a blast, but I do have to put up with all of the jocks every week, but it's still fun. And I'm really not that good at it, I just do it for the social stuff."

"Well, you said you're co-captain, that has to mean something."

"Only 'cause the other girl, the one that was supposed to be the co-captain, she's PG," Buffy said with a secret giggle, knowing that she be happy about some other girl's misfortune, but she couldn't help it."

"Meanwhile, back at the ranch….didn't this all start with something about William?" Amy asked, trying to get Buffy back on topic.





"Oh, I can't believe I got so distracted, I guess it's just all this good mood-iness. But, let's see William….Oh, Amy he's so wonderful. He moved her the summer before junior year and we started going out right after that, I knew we'd be steadies since the moment I saw him, it was just like something clicked in my head…and I just…I just knew, you know?"

"I haven't ever felt anything like that, but I think I know what you mean. Didn't you worry about him getting you into trouble; I mean if he's a badass like you say, then…"

"Oh, William would never get me in trouble and, don't you dare tell anyone I said this, especially William, but really, he's just a big softy. I mean, look at how we met. I was having a really bad day," Buffy explained, "And I just couldn't sleep that night…too much on my mind, I guess. So anyway, when it was after one, I went out to go for a walk; snuck out my window and everything.






Anyway, for whatever reason I decided to go to the park, you know, sit on the swings and just "be". But there was someone already there. William was there sitting on the swings. Now normally I would have kept walking, but I just walked over and sat on the swing next to him, without really thinking. It was like I saw him and the next thing I knew, I was sitting next to him.

I thought for sure he'd yell at me, I mean, there I was interrupting his time alone, but he didn't. I asked him why after we'd been going together for awhile and he said he knew somehow that he could "be alone with me there," I thought he meant something mean by that, but he said that he just knew that he could still be himself, still relax and really be him with me there. It was just so sweet."

"He sounds just perfect, Buffy," Amy said after listening to Buffy's story.

"Oh, he is, he really, really is!" Buffy all but squealed.

"But then, not to be mean or anything because I really don't mind you calling at all, it was a nice surprise in fact, but why exactly did you call?"

"Oh, yeah, guess I didn't really explain that, huh? Well, William has been gone all summer and I haven't been able to talk to him at all since he's at his father's and he's a major ditz, he won't let William call anyone; it's horrible."

"You sound like you're in a pretty good mood though," Amy commented.

"Yeah because today we got our school schedules in the mail and I went over to William's dad's house-"

"Wait," Amy interrupted, "I thought you said William was gone to his dad's for the summer."

"Oh, he's going to his actual father's house, he lives in England. Giles is technically his step-dad but since he's known his as his dad for like forever, he thinks of him as his dad—and so do I, apparently. So, yeah, that's where I went today. And Giles let me look at William's schedule…and guess what?" Buffy asked giddily.

"What?" Amy asked indulgingly.

"William and I have every other class together," Buffy nearly yelled into the receiver.





TBC........Pretty Please Review....sorry for the no update last week...I was out of town (or country I guess)

(and don't forget to read and review Silently Broken ;)....thank you for all of the reviews both stories have gotten so far)