AN: So take that not too many people were reading this anyway and then add in me not updating for several weeks....yeah, if anyone's still reading this fic (that I actually happen to like), I'll be surprised just by that....review and I'll be positively astounded. I hope you like the rest of the fics...and I'll try to post another chapter later on today :-)



Chapter Seven

"Cordelia, you really are thicker than a five dollar malt," Spike said, already dismissing her, his anger now focused on Angel. "Now, where can I find Angelus?"

"Angel? I don't know, he had lunch last period," Cordelia stuttered.

"William," Buffy finally said something. "Let's go, okay? Lunch is almost over and I haven't even gotten to talk to you yet."

It was amazing how much William's demeanor changed when he turned his attention form Sunnydale High's Queen Bee to his girlfriend.

"Sorry, luv," he said sweetly, "Just don't like people talking bad about my girl." Heedless to the others who had been watching the spectacle and were still paying avid attention, he leaned in and kissed Buffy soundly on the lips. Breaking away reluctantly, he kept close contact with her, resting his forehead against hers. "I'm back," he stated simply.


"You are," Buffy returned with a smile.

They would have stayed like that for much longer if Harmony's voice hadn't screeched into their consciousness, "Didn't Cordelia tell you? I guess I'll have to now," before anyone could stop her, Harmony continued, "Your girlfriend was screwing around on you all summer…with Angel." She looked very pleased with herself, especially once she added the Angel part.

"Come on pet," William said to Buffy, "I'll walk you to class." He started to say more but was interrupted by Harmony yelling after the retreating pair.

"I said she was sleeping with Angel!"

William at first wasn't going to even dignify that with a response, but he thought he might as well put and end to the gossip mill—or at least attempt to.

"And I know she isn't, you daft bint. Leave it," Without another word he and Buffy, hand in hand, made their way out of the cafeteria.

When they were out in the hallway, away from all the prying eyes, Spike surprised Buffy by spinning her around and pressing her up against the lockers, his body pressed firmly against hers.

"I missed you so bloody much, kitten," he muttered, nuzzling her neck with his nose. "Missed how you smell, how you feel," he ran his hands along her sides. "Love how you taste," he gently kissed along her jaw, ending up with his lips just a breath away from hers. "Was sodding miserable without you, kept thinking of what I'd do to you…with you when I got home. Have it all thought up, was gonna make you feel so good. Show you just how much I need you around me," his lips were brushing against hers now. "But now we're stuck here and all I can do is," he finally gave in to what they wanted and kissed her.

It was both heaven and the sweetest of tortures, all at once. He'd meant to be delicate and sweet about it, meant to be the gentlemanly boyfriend, but as soon as he felt her lips on his, he…he broke. Snaking one arm around her back and the other around her waist, Spike pulled Buffy even tighter against him, pushing her up higher on the lockers as his knee made its way between her legs. Her tongue on his kips was the softest, warmest thing he'd ever felt and when it made its way into his mouth he didn't think he'd be able to take it. And as Buffy wrapped her arms around his neck and hooked her leg behind his, moaning into his mouth, Spike knew—in some deep, deep part of his mind—that they couldn't keep this going, not here. No matter how much he wanted to.

"Buffy…Buffy, come on luv," she wasn't giving up easily and God was it making it hard for him to keep his resolve. "Pet, as much as I want to do this," he gasped when he finally managed to pull back enough to talk, "We can't. Not here, not now."

Buffy wasn't giving up easily though. Leaning in to bite at his lip before running her tongue soothingly along it, she mumbled, "But there's no one here. And you were gone for soooo," she drew it out tightening her hold on him in the process, "long."

"Luv, we can't do this here. I can't do this here," he looked at her, hoping to convey his meaning without having to say the actual words.

Buffy wasn't sure she knew exactly what he meant, but she did know, whether she liked it or not, that they couldn't in fact keep up their earlier actions.

They'd waited seventy two days for a kiss that was over in a matter of seconds. Somehow that didn't seem right.

But right didn't matter. They'd just have to wait.

"Um, William, about what Cordelia was saying," Buffy began nervously.

"Luv, don't worry about it. Believing that Cordelia was doing something for another's good would be like believing Angel's going to dress in drag for the homecoming dance," he dismissed her fears, the visual he provided causing Buffy to grin and giggle too.

"Missed that, too," William said, seeming unaware of the fact he'd said it aloud.

"What?" Buffy was getting a little wigged out by how he was staring at her.

"Was just thinking how much I missed you. Missed your smile, how you sound when you laugh, the little way you squint your nose up like you are now. Just missed all the little things that make you, you. I missed you Buffy, all of you."

Slightly uncomfortable with all the emotion, Buffy tried to lighten the mood, "William, you're turning into a…"

"A ponce?" he provided.

"I was going to say a big sappy something, but ponce would work too…if I knew what it meant."

"Come on," he loved the puzzled look on her face as she tried to figure out what he'd called himself. "I'll walk you to your next class. What is it?"

"Didn't Giles tell you?" Buffy asked the puzzled look replaced by a brilliant smile.