Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you for all of the reviews...just one more chapter after this :-)
Chapter Nine



**(*(*(*(*(*)*)*)*)*)**

It wasn't long before both Buffy and Spike were back in their regular clothes and had their bags together, ready to walk home together.

Usually William drove them home from school, but as a treat to Buffy (and as a way of spending more time with her) the were walking home that day.

"You know, pet," he said after they'd been walking in silence for several minutes, "I've heard every version of the Buffy/Angel story except for the one that mattered. Yours."

"You do believe me don't you? That nothing happened?"

"You know I do, would have told you by now if I didn't. Just want to know what really happened is all."

"Well you left about the end of May and then around the first few days of June, Angel started coming by or calling every night to ask me to do something with him. A movie, a party, dinner, the beach…anything and everything.

I told him to leave me alone, told him I'd never go out with him, but he didn't give up. Mom even told him to leave me alone the one time he managed to actually get into the house. He tried to feed her some story abut how you and he didn't get along and he just 'wanted to get to know me better,'" Buffy rolled her eyes at that.

"He even tried to start something when your dad was over for dinner one night. He came over then to ask me out. I was worried your dad would be mad at me or something, but he told me not to worry, he trusted me not to hurt you.

You know that don't' you?"

"Know what, luv?"

"That I'd never hurt you."

"Of course I know that, baby. Just like I hope you know I'd never hurt you."

"I know that William, know how much you love me," the smile she gave him then warmed him to his very core—God he loved this girl.

"Just wish I could have come home sooner, spared you all the talk Angel and the girls were doing."

"I wish you'd never had to leave."

"I wish that too, Buffy luv. Now I know it's a school night and everything," he said as they approached her front door, "But do you think you could convince your mum to let you come out with me tonight?"

"I just might, she's been wanting to have dinner with Giles again so maybe I could work that in there somehow."

"Give me a ring and let me know how it works out. Hope I get to see you later," he gave her a quick, but deep goodbye kiss before making his way to his own house.

******)))))))))********((((((((((********

"Da' you think if Joyce calls about me wanting to take Buffy out tonight, you could back me up on it?" William asked his father hopefully.

When Giles saw the expression on his son's face he knew what it was about, "You're going to…already? But I thought you were waiting a little wihile….already?" he asked again.

"Don't think I can wait. I know it's the right thing to do and….and I just don't think I can wait."

"Would you like to have the house to yourselves then? I'm sure I could have dinner with Joyce again," Giles offered helpfully.

"That would be great dad. I'm going to go get my work done and make sure everything's ready so that…I hope I'm doing the right thing."

"From what you told me, son, I do believe you are. Let me handle Joyce, you go do what you need to."

********(((((())))))))********

Apparently either Buffy or his father had been able to convince Joyce, or she guessed the same thing that his father had guessed—either way less than an hour later, Buffy called to tell him that everything was fine with her mother.

He told her he'd be by to get her at seven o'clock, but refused to tell her anything else.

"Please, William?" Buffy begged, "Just a little hint? Please?"

But despite her pleadings, he refused to tell her anything. Much as he wanted to, it would ruin the night if he did. She couldn't know what was going to happen until…well until it happened.

***(

At a quarter 'til seven, Rupert Giles left for the Summers house, giving his son a few minutes alone before he had to pick up Buffy. And while William was grateful for those few minutes, they were also some of the most nerve wracking of his life.

'Don't sweat it, mate. She'll…she won't get mad. It's the right thing to do and you know it.'


Before he could begin doubting his plan again, Spike got into his '59 Desoto Diplomat and drove to his girlfriend's house.

Tonight was the night.

&&&&&&&&&&&&

By the time he and Buffy were both in his car, alone, Spike was literally a bundle of nerves.

But as always, his girl somehow knew that and relaxed him immensely by laughing as she got settled in the car.

"What's so funny, pet?"

"I wouldn't have ever thought it before this summer, but I honestly did miss your car. God, you must think I'm pathetic, missing all this stupid stuff while you were gone," Buffy blushed—adorably he thought.

"Not at all. Would be doing little things this summer, in England, and I'd wish you were there to do it with me. Was always thinking, 'Buffy'd love this' all bleedin' summer long." And in that second, that very second, he knew what he was planning was the right thing—for both of them.

He couldn't explain the feeling. He hadn't ever felt anything like it before, but still knew what it was.

It was right.

**((


To be continued . . . . . Please, pretty, pretty please witha cherry on top leave me a review.... Sorry this chapter was a bit late today....And I'm a tiny bit unter the word count because this chapter was short so I'm sort of makig stuff up now to tell you....I'll try to, soon, have a new story ready for posting other than Silently Broken so that anyone who (for whatever reason) isn't interested in reading that one, will have something else by me to read.....