Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm so sorry it's late! I rememberd to do it earlier when the site wasn't working then forgot--till just now! I'm sorry.
Think you could forgive me enough to read my little Cinco de Mayo ficlet Mexican Holiday? Please? Maybe even review too? it should open in a new window
banner I made and one Elena made:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

(I keep forgetting to include those)


Chapter 18

Spike waited until Buffy was closing the gap between them, a conspiratorial look on her face, before ducking under the water and around her.

In the darkness it startled Buffy a bit and she jumped when Spike wrapped his arms around her from behind.

"What’s the matter? Cold?"

"Uh huh," she squeaked before recovering herself. "And wet, too. You made me all wet, Spike."

"None of that," Spike stopped her when she tried to turn around in his arms. "Don't want that kind of fun. Not yet," he explained.

"Then what do you want to do?" Buffy was ready for the one kind of fun, but didn't know what he wanted to do now.

"Thought we could just swim around for a bit. This is a pool after all."

"But that's no fun," she pouted, squirming in his arms.

"Sure it is. Sex isn't the only thing that's fun," he told her. "Just want to relax a little, okay?"

Buffy had hurt a little when he mentioned that sex wasn't the only kind of fun; that's probably what he thought she was thinking.

"Okay." And she just watched as he moved from behind her and swam to the other end of the pool.

Reaching the end of the pool, he resurfaced and looked expectantly at her, "Well, luv?"

"I don't want to get my hair all wet," she explained, thinking of her styled hair and carefully applied make up.

"None of that girly girl stuff," he chided. "You want to have fun, we're going to have fun. Now, come here."

Why did he always seem to shoot all of her plans straight to hell?

'Maybe because you have stupid plans,' she told herself as she dove under the water and swam to the end quickly.

Not ready to give up completely just yet, Buffy slid up Spike's body, looking at him when she was finally standing.

"Just a little fun?" she asked.

Spike smirked at her, leaning down to kiss her. After several seconds he lifted her up by the hips on the premise of kissing her better.

"See?" she said, thinking she'd won a little. "Not so bad."

"Nope, not so bad," he laughed and he threw her back from him, leaving her sputtering as she came up from the surprise dunking.

"You...! You big....meanie! That was just mean!"

"Meanies usually are mean," he joked. He worried she'd be mad at him; his plan had two outcomes, anger or humor. He could see on her face though that it was slowly becoming the latter.

"I'm going to get you!" Buffy threatened, starting to walk to him, the water making it harder.

"Like you could catch me." Spike again dove under the water, swimming to the other end. Buffy surprised him by surfacing too just a few seconds later.

"Did I forget to tell you I was on the swim team in high school?" she asked, splashing him with water. She knew there was no way she'd be able to pull him under the water so the splashing was the best she coudl do.

"Something we have in common then." He tried grabbing her hands to stop the splashing but it didn't work; she evaded him. "Race you to the end," he said.

"I'm gonna beat you," Buffy said, sounding so sure of herself that he knew that even though he might be able to beat her, he wasn't going to. Buffy was so rarely self confident that he wasn't going to endanger what little she had now.

"Guess you were in high school just a bit less long ago than I was," Spike said by way of explanation when he reached the end only to find Buffy there, waiting on him.

"You better not have let me win," she warned.

"I didn't, promise." And he really was telling the truth.

"Well this winner wants a reward." Spike was surprised when Buffy wrapped her arms around his neck and gave him a kiss. The sweetest one she'd given him yet. Every other time she'd kissed him it had been so...sexual; which he knew made sense given that it was a kiss, but this was different.

As much as she might not want there to be, there was emotion behind it.

Not stopping the kiss, Spike eased them back until Buffy's back was against the side of the pool.

"I think I like it when you win," Spike said, resting his forehead against hers as he kept her between him and the pool wall.

"Think I like it too," Buffy whispered, forgetting all about her plan and kissing Spike again.

Somewhere in the next few minutes of their kissing William realized that maybe this wasn't the best place to be doing this; her parents--his stepbrother and sister-in-law--were just a few feet away, really. Maybe it, the realizing, was after moved her legs from where they'd been running along his, to wrap them around his waist. Yeah, maybe that was when.

This was stupid to be doing right here, but it was the first time Buffy was really letting him kiss her like he wanted to; this time she wasn't trying to prove something to herself. There was no way he was letting common sense or logic get in the way of what he was feeling right now.

Buffy broke away from yet another kiss just seconds later and dropped her legs from around his waist, disappointing William.

"Not going anywhere," she said, seeing the look that he'd made no attempt to hide. "Just want to...do something else."

There was no question as to what she meant as he felt her move her hand down his front, stopping at the top of his swim shorts.

Ah, so the Buffy who had to prove something was back, William mused.

"Uh-uh," He stopped her hand, moving back around hs neck where it had been, "None of that now."

"Spike?"

"Doesn't always have to be about that," he told her.

"You can't say you don’t want it," she objected. "I can feel that you do." She pulled him closer and rubbed herself against him.

"Luv." He pulled back from her a little bit, putting one hand on her hips to still any movement, "I'm never going to not want you. That's not what I'm saying, now. Saying that not everything we do has to turn into sex. Let's just have fun."

"But sex is fun."

"Fine, let's just have fun without sex."

"Spike," she argued, "do you really think I wore this suit just for the heck of it? It was supposed to make you want me."

"And it succeeded very well. But I don't want you thinking all I want from you is sex."

She froze when he said that, thinking that he'd somehow read her thoughts and that was why he'd said that. There was no way he could have meant it.

"But what if it's what I want?" Buffy asked.

"Then it's simple," he decided. "You keep your hands right where they are and let me do the work."

"What?" She wasn't entirely sure what he was suggesting.

"You’ll see," Spike said...and she did.

She knew he was going to do it; there wasn't much else he could do that meant moving his hand in that direction. But it still caught her slightly off guard. She hadn't really ever...

"Spike?" she questioned again.

"Shh, luv," he whispered and kissed her, his fingers moving further inside her bikini bottoms.

Buffy moaned as she simultaneously felt his tongue enter his mouth and his fingers move inside her.

She expected him to thrust his fingers into her faster, harder, anything but what he did. His fingers moved inside her, slowly, hitting all the right spots and leaving her moaning.

Buffy tightened her arms around his shoulders in an attempt to do something, anything, to bring him closer to her. She felt Spike smile against her mouth, but didn't care.

He stopped her though when she tried to wrap her legs around him again; and she couldn't take it any longer.

"Please?" she nearly begged, breaking away from their kisses.

"Let me do this my way," he said. "Let me make you feel good, kitten." She looked like she was going to object and it was his turn to ask, "Please?"

It was too close to his asking her to trust him so she didn't answer him vocally.

Spike took her lack of objection as acceptance and continued his ministrations, kissing her once again. He was glad when Buffy didn't say anything else as he slowly worked her towards orgasm.

It was several minutes later when he felt Buffy tightening around his fingers and breaking away from his mouth. Neither of them thought of the other people on the property as she nearly screamed in pleasure before kissing Spike again.

"Told you," he said quietly when she ended the kiss. It took the few seconds while his look turned from a tender one to a smirk for to take in what he said.

"Oooh, you!' She pushed him off her, actually managing to push him under the water that time.

But he pulled her under with him and thus began their water play once again.



TBC......pretty please review? Also, I love you all for reviewing so much thus far (I'd say keep up the good work but that'd sound conceited)

Also, I'm out of town this coming week so Chapter 19 will be posted next Saturday...and a new story might even make its appearance next week on maybe Thursday or Friday if I'm back....