Author's Chapter Notes:
I know this story has been set as completed, but I wanted to add these sequels (there will be one more...well one unless I go crazy and write more than that) as part of this story so they wouldn't get lost :)
Sunshine

Today’s bright sunshine was a truly rare occurrence and Buffy had decided to make the absolute most of it. She loved London, the culture, the people, even the weather—but she still missed the sunshine of California. So she took whatever she could get.

Take today for example, the sunshine and warm weather had been predicted by each and every weatherman in the area so Buffy had figured it was actually to happen. And sure enough, it was not a false alarm.

The pale yellow sundress—patterned with bright blue flowers, the thin strapped frock hitting just above her knees—she wore showed off the tan she was developing, much of it due to fake tanner. She’d told William upon their arrival several years ago—just months after their marriage—that she wasn’t going to give up her golden tan.

Buffy lay back on the blanket that she’d spread out over the grass over an hour ago and just stared up at the clouds, watching as they drifted slowly by. This wasn’t the life she’d expected for herself, both before she’d ever met Angel or when her and William’s relationship was reforming—nevertheless, she couldn’t think of anything she would love more.

Their home was beautiful, decorated in a blend of each of their tastes’; Buffy was working at the Natural History Museum and planned, in a few years, to take those final classes needed to become a history teacher; William’s fifth book was currently undergoing its finally editing before publishing; all in all, life was great.

“Mummy?” it still amazed Buffy that she had truly English children, but it made sense if she thought about it—William chose to write at home so he’d been there as Daphna and now Madeline learned how to walk and talk, just as much as Buffy was, if not more.

Daphna, their beautiful older child, had been born just over a year after their marriage and was turning four next week. She was the spitting image of her mother and, according to Joyce, was the same social butterfly Buffy had been at that age.

Then, after a miscarriage when Daphna was just over two, Buffy had given birth to their second child, Madeline eight short months ago. Though it was hard to tell with her still being so young, Madeline—whom they always called Madeline—seemed to look more like her father. Her hair was a dark blond, but curly and her eyes were a brilliant blue that nearly everyone that saw her commented on.

“Yes, darling?” Buffy answered her daughter turning her head to look at the girl who had been lying next to her watching the clouds.

“Does Mad-ine watch the clouds too?” Daphna still had a bit of trouble saying her little sister’s name but always tried her best and was getting better by the day.

”What do you mean, sweetheart?”

“Is she looking for doggies and princesses, too?”

Buffy looked at her baby girl, who was laying on her back between her sister and mother, and thought for a few seconds before answering.

“I don’t know, maybe we can ask her when she’s older. But I’ll bet even if she’s not looking for doggies and princesses that she has fun.”

“Yeah?”

“Course she does, cupcake. How could she not have fun when she’s got you and your mum with her?”

Buffy sat up quickly, surprised to hear William’s voice. “I thought you had that meeting today?”

“Didn’t need to be there; didn’t want to be there. So I got out—don’t worry, princess, I was right proper about it.” he knew Buffy would be wondering if he’d been polite, nice about leaving the meeting. “’Sides, I’d rather be with my girls.”

Spike sat on his knees on the edge of the blanket, reaching down to pick up Madeline who’d been squirming around since she first heard his voice.

“Such a daddy’s girl,” Buffy muttered.

“Naw,” he countered, “She just missed her daddy is all, isn’t that right, cupcake?”

“That’s my name!” Daphna looked truly outraged.

“Sorry, sorry, cupcake, didn’t mean to do that.” He turned his attention back to Madeline, “Isn’t that right, pumpkin?” Madeline simply gurgled and smiled

“See, told you,” William looked at is wife with a smug look, like he’d won some sort of argument.

“Girls, I think your daddy’s a little crazy,” Buffy whispered in a conspiratorial tone, pretending as if it were a secret.

“But your mum already knows that, doesn’t she?” William maneuvered around on his knees until he was facing the same direction as Buffy and Daphna—who was still standing. “Hold her for a second?” he handed Madeline over to Buffy who was still sitting up.

Once he’d lain down again, he reached out and took their baby back.

“Alright, what’s say we find you some princesses and doggies?” he asked Daphna, who quickly lay down next to him.

“Horsies, too?”

“Horsies too,” William confirmed as he laid between Buffy and Daphna, holding Madeline as they all stared up at the mid-day clouds. “I’m glad we worked out, kitten,” he whispered in Buffy’s ear, smiling as she scooted over so that the side of her body was pressed against the side of his.

“Me too…and I’m sorry I messed it up for so long,” they continued whispering as Daphna continued to happily point out objects she saw in the clouds.

“Don’t worry about it,” he brushed off her concern. “Least now we know we can make it through anything, yeah?”

”I guess so,” Buffy started to answer, but was interrupted.

“You’re not listening!” Daphna let them know how much she disagreed with their talking.

“Sorry, cupcake, what’ve you found?”


THE END





I know this was a short little one, but the next is longer (and might not be posted for a while but it will be posted).

I also wanted to be sure to let you all know that Silently Broken (not sure if this part’s included in that or not) is nominated at the Spark and Burn Awards and reader voting has opened and since thee are buttons for pimping your fic for voting and everything, I thought I should give it a try ;) (hey, I like to pretend sometimes that I can win stuff)

Voting’s up until the first of December I think