Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you to Panta_rei for all the updating for me...and to all of you who left me reviwes :-) Thank you so, so very much :-D

'My Boyfriend's Back' will be updated tomorrow....
Chapter 7


“William seems like a nice boy,” Joyce commented as she and Buffy sat at the now cleared table.

Buffy tried to act calm about it and not let her mother know anything. “Yeah, he seems really nice. It’s good that Giles is going to get to know him.”

“I know he was nervous about it, but things seem to have gone very well—still are in fact.”

“Yeah, it’s sweet.”

“Which is why I’d like him to stay around for a while,” Joyce said pointedly.

“I know,” Buffy whined.

”Really, Buffy, what is it you have a problem with?”

How could she tell her mother that she was attracted to her stepfather’s half-brother (there was no way she was going to call him anything resembling the word ‘uncle’) and was nervous about him living in the same house as her? As her and no one else.

“I guess it’s just weird. The idea of having some guy I don’t know living in my house…well not my house,” she corrected, “but you know what I mean.”

“Well, then get to know him. Him living in the house will give you the perfect opportunity. Think of it like…like being given a chance to do something fun.”

Something fun? She thought they could manage that.

‘Bad thoughts, Buffy. Bad, bad thoughts!’

“I guess you’re right. I just hope he doesn’t dislike me. I’d hate to ruin things between him and Giles just by being myself.” Buffy wasn’t quite ready to give in just yet, so she tried one more approach.

“Don’t be crazy, sweetheart. You’re a wonderful person, William will love you. Don’t worry so much.”

Why was it that her mother was smarter, or at least more quick witted than her?

“Then I guess I have a new roommate,” Buffy grumbled.

“Don’t sound so excited about it,” Joyce joked.

“I’m sorry.” Buffy truly was. “I’m just nervous.”

“Don’t be,” Joyce assured her again. “And try not to do too much with him.”

“What do you mean?” she asked, looking anxiously at her mother.

“Oh, Buffy, I’m not an idiot. I saw you batting your eyes at William during dinner—“

”I was not!” she argued indignantly.

“Nevertheless, please, do try to keep things…appropriate.”

“Are you telling me I can’t?”

“No, you’re a grown—well, almost grown, woman and you can date whomever you like. I’m just asking that you not do anything that will cause a rift between Rupert and William. You know he loves you like you’re his own daughter, don’t make him choose,” she pleaded.

”Didn’t this start out as you assuring me that I wasn’t going to screw things up?”

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to do that. I just don’t want anything bad to happen.”

”And neither do I!” Buffy wished her mother would have more faith in her.

“Don’t be like that, Buffy,” her mother scolded her like she were a little girl.

“I’m going to go see if Giles and William need any help with the dishes.” Buffy didn’t wait for her mother’s answer before she got up and made her way from the dining room to the kitchen.

Halfway there Buffy stopped and leaned against one of the walls. She needed to calm down.

She knew her mother got like that whenever she was stressed out over something; she just wished it wasn’t always taken out on her. But it wouldn’t do to go in there in her current state and cause Giles and William to wonder what was wrong.

She took several deep, calming breaths, attempting to assure herself that this was all going to work out in the end. She was nineteen years old, perfectly capable of sharing a house with a man and not doing anything sexual with him.

Even if he did look like William.

And have a sexy accent.

And beautiful blue eyes.

And appeared to be a sweetheart.

And—gah! She needed to stop listing reasons why this wasn’t going to work. Because it was, going to work that is.

After trying those deep calming breaths again, Buffy finally decided she was ready to go into the kitchen. Except….she was very, very wrong.

“Wouldn’t want to overstay my welcome,” She hung back for a moment, not wanting to interrupt, waiting for an opening to announce her presence.

“You won’t. You’re welcome as long as you wish.” Giles was telling him. “And I’m sure you and Buffy will have a great time together.”

‘Yeah, I’m sure we will too,’ she thought cheekily before mentally reprimanding herself again.

Her silent scolding nearly caused her to miss what William was saying.

“I’m sure we will too. Buffy seems like a nice girl.” That caused her to smile. He liked her.


Buffy hadn’t been paying much attention to the conversation since William had complimented her.

He sounded different…she wasn’t sure what it was, but something about the way he said her name gave her pause.

He was back to talking in, what she assumed was, his normal voice. And while it was still sexy as hell…possibly even more so than how he’d sounded during dinner, there was something…

She couldn’t put her finger on it, but there was something about it. If only she knew what.

“Noticed that a bit. I promise to stay a while. But I’m going to talk with Buffy before I decide how long. Make sure that she’s actually okay with me basically invading her home.”

“I’m sure she won’t mind. It’s a big place.”

“Still think I’d like to ask her. Buffy’s a nice girl and I wouldn’t want to put her out in any way. I’ll talk to her about it tonight.”

‘Oh God!’ It had taken hearing him say her name a few more times for it all to click into place. A few more times of hearing Spike say her name.

William….

Oh God, oh God, oh God, oh God. Fuck! Buffy repeated over and over in her mind.

William—her stepfather’s half-brother William—was Spike. The Spike that she’d…

Oh God.


TBC.......Please review (maybe then I'll actually get one of my new fics going....I've been so unproductive)

And please don't kill me...I know that I'm just kind of evil with not having their 'confrontation/talk/can't tell you yet' happen just yet...but remember what Panta said...that and remember that this is an NC-17 fic and that I'll make up for any meanness ;-) Chapter 8 will be up on Saturday