Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for the lack of update on Wednesday night/Thursday. The truth is, I’m officially out of my pre-written chapters. So, from this point on I’ll be updating at least once a week, probably on Sunday nights. Hopefully, this doesn’t disappoint you too much. I’ll be working as fast as I can to get out some good stuff for you. ;)

Here’s the next chapter, the moment you’ve all been waiting for (I hope). Also, due to some of the feedback that I’ve received, you might need a Kleenex by the end.
Chapter 15

Buffy said his name once and then again. She wanted to say more, to get out a complete sentence, but William wouldn’t allow it, pulling her back for another slow tender kiss each time a sound escaped from her lips.

“William…William, please…”

“What?”

She froze, her mind blank. She felt his chest heave against hers and suddenly she was very aware of her position: protectively pinned under his body, cradling his weight between her comfortably spread legs.

“Buffy, are you still with me?”

With a silent nod, she caressed his face as she initiated a round of quicker swallow kisses. Her hands traveled leisurely, surveying the texture of his skin and the feeling of his surprisingly soft hair slipping through her fingers.

“Bloody hell, may I—please let me take off that sweater. I can’t stand the sight of it any longer.”

“You don’t like my sweater?”

“Not when it’s keeping you from me.”

“Oh,” she whispered, gasping when he circled her wrists and secured them over her head.

“You still want to do this?”

“Why wouldn’t I?”

“I know it’s only been two days for you.” Buffy watched as he pushed the sweater up to reveal her lacy bra. “Regardless of what I’m doing here,” he paused, placing a kiss between her breasts, “we aren’t in a rush. We can hold off…if you want to.”

“I don’t,” she responded briskly. “I don’t want to hold off. Do you?”

“No.” He snaked a hand under her back and effortlessly popped open the clasp of her bra, causing the cups to hang loosely as a barrier between William and her hard nipples.

“Can I…let me touch you,” Buffy said, shifting, surprised that one of his hands could hold her wrists so tightly. “William…”

He didn’t speak. He continued to kiss her, coaxing goose bumps to rise along her skin. Buffy closed her eyes and opened them with a start the moment his lips wrapped around her nipple.

“I swear to God, if you don’t let me move I’ll--.”

“You’ll what?” he asked with a grin before taking the sensitive bud between his teeth.

“I-I don’t know, but—hey, don’t bite me!”

“That didn’t hurt.”

“No, it didn’t, but—well, it could have!”

He chuckled, moving her hands to the sides of her waist as he licked and teased her other breast. “If I let you go, do I have your word? Will you promise to be on your best behavior?”

The moment her hands were free, she tossed her sweater, bra, and his shirt onto the floor in one swift motion.

“Shall I take that as a no?”

“Can you help me take off my pants?”
***


“And then what happened?”

“You leaped into my arms and your legs tangled around me. I had to prop your back against the building or we were both going to fall over.”

“Bet that would’ve ruined the mood.”

“Oh, I doubt it, you were—that night, you probably would’ve just carried on. You didn’t give a fuck where we were, if we were sitting or standing, inside or outside.”

“Did I ask you to fuck me?” Buffy asked, unbuttoning his jeans.

“Eh, no,” William answered, clearing his throat. “You,” he paused, slightly narrowing his eyes, “you wanted me to make love to you. You asked me to.”

“That’s kind of weird. I don’t like to use those words when talking about sex.”

“I know.”

Buffy looked up at him, smiling more with her eyes than with her lips. While she was still on her back, dressed in nothing but her underwear, he was still partially clothed, hovering above her. “Tell me more,” she said, pulling him forward for a kiss. “Did we speak much? Or was I all about getting groiny?”

“We spoke off and on. Mostly about silly stuff when we reached the car. I believe you could tell that I was trembling a bit, so you lightened things up for us. That was very kind of you.”

As he filled in the details of their first night together, Buffy slipped her hand into his jeans. “Keep talking to me,” she whispered into his ear.

“Alright,” he said, causing Buffy to smile. She had barely fingered his penis and already his voice was strained.

“Who got naked first?” she asked, quickly freeing him of his jeans and then tending to his erection again. “Was it you?”

“No. My jeans never came off completely. You were naked, but wrapped in my coat.”

Buffy closed her eyes, and memories drifted to her. “I complained about smelling like cigarette smoke, but I wouldn’t take it off. It was comfortable…soft; it smelled like you. I think, it sounds corny, but I truly wanted to lose myself with you—in you, whatever. I wanted you surrounding me…inside me.”

“You started taking off your clothes, but not until after I got my filthy paws under your bra. I unzipped my own zipper.”

“You were testing me, seeing how far I’d go.”

“How far you’d let me take you.”

“If I remember correctly, you took me four times.”

“Four? It was three--.”

“It was four.”

“No.” He sat up and casually took off her underwear. “I think that would be something I’d remember. I would’ve had a bloody plaque made up or—hold on, you aren’t confusing me and you, with you and Finn, are you? If you’re doing that, Summers; first, I might puke, second--.”

She tugged on his erection twice more with shaky hands before guiding it to her opening. “You were on top. That part of the seatbelt with the button—you know what I mean—it was digging in my back. After the first time, you just stayed with me. You were moving so slowly…”

William kissed her as he began to slide in and nearly out of her body.

“I came twice,” she whispered. “One right after the other, you probably didn’t notice. Everything was so perfect.”

“Like now?”

She nodded, inhaling enough oxygen to fill her lungs completely. “Exactly like now.”

“You’ll love me again, won’t you, Buffy?”

She nodded, running her hands up and down his torso. She opened her mouth, wanting to tell him that she thought she might be falling in love with him already, but a moan replaced her words. “Oh God…not yet.”

“It’s alright,” William said, picking up the pace of their thrusts. “Come for me.”

“It’s too soon. It’s too—I don’t want this to be over too soon,” she whimpered, arching her back.

“Shhh,” he said, easing her worries with a passionate kiss. “I’ll have you coming again shortly. I promise.”
***

He never stopped touching her. Even with their bodies joined, he seemed to require more contact. He reached for her arms, massaged her thighs, and squeezed her hands. He pushed his forehead against hers and nuzzled the side of his face against her breasts.

“Oh God. Oh my God,” Buffy panted before collapsing. “What time is it?”

“You going somewhere?”

“No. Honestly don’t think I’ll be moving again for a very long time.”

“Yeah, I was thinking that too,” he laughed, brushing her hair over her shoulder. “We should crawl under the covers at some point though, at least by morning.”

“I need to cool down. I’m hot, sweaty, and,” she tried to get up, but their skin was stuck together, “I’m sticky.”

“Want to take a shower?”

“Would that involve moving?”

“I’d offer to carry you, but my legs…I can’t exactly feel them.”

“Well, it was sweet of you to offer. I appreciate it. Until I can feel my legs, I think I’ll just get comfy here.” She sprawled out flush against his body and let out a yawn. “It must be late.”

“It must,” he mumbled, still absentmindedly playing with her hair.

“Tell me what you’re thinking about. Are you…are you having regrets? Second thoughts?”

“Regrets? No. Second thoughts? Of course not.”

“Then what?”

“Just trying to make sense of things. I don’t know why I even try though, I’ve been going over our situation for the past two days and it isn’t giving me answers, it’s giving me a throbbing headache.”

“Is there something in particular that’s giving you a headache right now?”

“How’d you remember that night? Was there a trigger of some sort?”

“It just came to me.”

“I talked to you about the kids when we looked through the photo album and nothing came to you, did it?”

“No,” Buffy said softly.

“I wish you remembered the twins’ last birthday or a random day at the park with our Joy…I’d rather you remembered those things, any of those things, not just us going at it in our fucking car.”

“You’re making me feel bad.”

“Sorry,” he said, kissing her brow.

“I’m just glad I made progress.”

“We made some progress ourselves, mmm?”

“Yes. You were amazing.”

“Guess you know why you married me now, why you keep me around: I’m just Buffy’s sodding sex slave.”

“That’s funny, and here I was convinced of the opposite.”

“Bollocks. You have a place here, Buffy.”

“In your bed.”

“No--.”

“Let’s face it: I can’t really cook, I won’t clean, I suck at--.”

“Are you trying to piss me off?”

“Maybe. Maybe it’s payback for making me feel bad,” she said with lighthearted pout. “If I had control of what I can and can’t remember, I’d--.”

“Stop,” he said, covering her mouth. Once he was certain that she’d stop talking, his hand slipped away. “Would you like me to apologize again? I’m not sorry for what I thought, I’m just sorry because it made you feel bad. If you don’t want me to talk to you openly--.”

“I do! I just--.”

“I want answers, Buffy.”

“I do too! Why wouldn’t I want to know about my life?! I want to know about my children, and about my husband! I seem to have this great wonderful life, but I’m being kept from it and I don’t know why,” she cried. “It’s so frustrating!”

Silently, William nudged her off his body.

“William? Where are you going?” At the possibility that he could be leaving her, more tears gathered in her eyes and she angrily brushed them away, feeling ridiculous. “William, please…”

“Settle down,” he said, offering her a hand. “Want to hobble into the shower with me? I don’t think I could make it alone, but with you with me…” He smiled softly. “Come on, Buffy.”
***