WHEN THE IMPOSSIBLE BECOMES POSSIBLE (sequel to ‘SOMEONE UP ABOVE IS ROOTING FOR US’)
Author: Lu
Pairings: there are several, but I’m sure you can already guess which the main one is!
Disclaimer: I know these characters don’t belong to me.
Thanks to: Maribel and Jill for their help!

WARNING: it’s an AU because I’ve seen only Season One of Ats and I barely know Angel had a son with Darla. But in this story Connor is still a child, ‘bout 4 years old. Besides, Angel and Cordelia have never been together, he started a relationship with Kate, but it went wrong…
And due to the fact I know just a few characters of his gang, I’ll be very vague about them.
ANOTHER WARNING: in the show I don’t remember, but in this story Buffy ignores Angel’s real name and the one of the Slayer Spike killed in New York…


Feedback: please.. I crave for it!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry for my mistakes, I’ve tried my best…
Summary: title really says everything!

PART 1

“ … and when I told Willow you were back, she must have repeated it out loud, ‘cause there was a general grumbling: someone saying ‘ What?’, someone else saying ‘ How can it be?’ , someone saying ‘ It must be the trend of the moment!’, but I don’t know what it meant… Anyway, I couldn’t hear very well… especially ‘cause Dawn was carrying on squealing happily…” Buffy explained to Spike while they were heading towards Angel’s office.

He and all the others were sure that they wouldn’t arrive before evening, mostly ‘cause Buffy, in her rush, had forgotten to let Willow know about Spike’s possibility to stay in the sunlight.
And she had taken advantage of that to make a surprise.

“ That’s my Nibblet!” Spike smiled, softly.
“ You know, Willow told me something incredible had happened there, too; but she didn’t explain to me what it was..” she commented, perplexed.
By then they were already on the way to Angel’s.
“ Can’t wait to see their face when they see you in sunlight!” Buffy chuckled, then she became serious.
“ Anyway, I beg you, honey, be nice to Xander: he’s so sad; the loss of Anya destroyed him and…” She didn’t manage to end her sentence, ‘cause a radiant Xander ran towards them.

“ Buffy, Spike! I was taking a walk and I couldn’t believe my eyes… you’re here, finally, and… hey man, you’re in the sunlight, that’s new! We were sure you would arrive tonight… well, that’s better!” he exclaimed hugging them.
“ Welcome back, both of you!” he added, Kissing Buffy’s cheek… and Spike’s too!
“ I’ll go and let the others know about your arrival! Isn’t life wonderful?” he asked grinning, while the two blondes stared at him going away, completely shocked.

“ He’s not who I call a guy destroyed by pain…” he commented, rubbing his cheek with a hand.
“ … anyway, soul or not, if he tries to kiss me again… I’ll kill him!”
“ I don’t know… he was so different when I left…”

They were about to go upstairs, when they saw someone going down very fast, squealing, and a second after, Spike found himself on the ground, with Dawn hugging him.
“ Spiiiiiiiiiiiiike! You’re back, you’re back, you’re baaaaaaack!” she exclaimed happily, holding him to her.
“ Missed you, too, Nibblet! Hey, easy with the hug: you can slacken your grip, I’m not going anywhere !” he smiled, hugging her and kissing her forehead.
She obeyed and they both got up.
“ I’m happy you’re back, too, Buffy; but try to understand…” Dawn justified, hugging her sister.
“ I know, Dawnie, I know… Spike is the main event!” Buffy smiled, caressing her hair.

“ Hey, I’m a big event as well; don’t waste all the fireworks on him!” Anya exclaimed, going downstairs.
This time it was Buffy running towards her, hugging her happily.
“ Anya, you’re back, too! It’s wonderful!”
“ Hey, I heard you before…” the ex-demon turned to Spike.
“ You can’t kill my Xander, ‘cause I’m not gonna marry a corpse!” she informed him, coming closer.
“ Anyway, welcome back!”
“ You haven’t changed a bit: still with the Marriage thing!” Spike smiled
“ Welcome back to you, too!” he added.
“ Yeah, but I already know this time everything will be fine!”
“ You bet, honey, I was a fool the first time; I won’t make the same mistake again! I know what it’s like living without you and believe me… I don’t ever want to go through that again!” Xander assured her, holding her tight to him.

By then all the others had come out to greet them, except Angel who was waiting for them inside.
Seeing Spike in sunlight had amazed everyone.
Only Dawn, too happy for seeing him again, hadn’t even notice that little change of his!
And at that moment, the blond vampire had seen her approaching Andrew oddly and, even if for a very short moment, he was sure they had held hands.
And he didn’t’ miss them making moony eyes each other, either.

< Well, well… it seems I’m not the only victim of Summers’ charm!> he thought with a smirk.

Meanwhile, Buffy was still congratulating the soon-to-be married couple.
Suddenly, Anya linked arms with Spike, leaving with him.
“ Sorry, this is a private conversation between ‘ Recently resurrected people ‘…” she explained to the brunette and the blonde who watched them, astonished.

“ Did he tell you anything about his return?”
“ No, he doesn’t wanna talk about it… he just said that someone up above is rooting for us!” Buffy explained with a smile, once Xander and she were alone.
“ What about Anya? Is her return top-secret, too?”
“ Yeah, she will never tell me! She just said I had an admirer… I wonder what she means…”

TBC

hope you'll like it!