Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for the wait, my computer broke grr and then there was the world cup, but it's over now!
Buffy used her pillow to muffle her screams of anger, screwing the paper in her hand, she threw it as hard as she could and watched it with a scowl as it bounced under Katie's cot. Well that was not at all satisfying she thought angrily. She balled her fists and dug her nails into her palms. Breath she said to herself softly, don't wake Katie or you will never get out tonight. She desperately need a night out, especially now.

The letter from Angel had been... There were no words for it, "I'm sorry Buffy, but I can't be distracted from getting better"

Can't be distracted, Can't be distracted! I'll kill him! I'll kill the wanker! She paused, Wanker? Where did that come from? As if she needed to ask, Spike! For some reason, that man was everywhere and now he was influencing her vocabulary. Irritating it was and overbearing, the way her looked out for her, made sure she had everything she needed, sweet. No not sweet! No men are sweet, they just act that way until they revert to the bastards they always were! Hot though, God he is hot she admitted to herself, with that sexy body and the bad boy hair and nails. Mummm...NO! bad mind, stop thinking! Thinking is bad!

I need to get drunk, she thought to herself, not even my thoughts are making sense anymore! I need to get drunk and I need sex, just not with my brother in law, no matter how hot he is! Angel is a bastard and I haven't had sex since before Katie was born. I deserve some sex. Unfortunately, that is so not going to happen.

She glanced at the clock, shit! I've only got 15 minutes! She flew to her wardrobe to find something to wear. Why didn't I do this earlier? She asked herself, pulling out some black trousers and a sparkly top that tied up at the back, she pulled the clothes on making a note to go shopping, she hadn't bought any new clothes since Katie was born. Thanking God that she had put makeup on earlier, she made a few repairs and ran a brush through her hair.

As she was deciding if earrings would be a good idea she heard the doorbell go, she grabbed a pair of hoops, kissed her sleeping daughter and left the room quietly. As she walked down the stairs, she heard a very hyperactive Willow taking to Giles.

"I just loved the library when I was at the high school, all dark and full of quiet nooks and crannies, I suppose it's all different now? What with the accident and all"

"Well yes" Giles replied, removing his glasses and cleaning them, "It's lighter now, lots of windows, but not really like a library anymore"

"Hey Willow, I'll just be a minute" Buffy smiled, turning to Giles, "Where is my babysitter? Gotta give him some last minute instructions"

"He is in the basement, attempting to do some laundry, I'm not holding out any hopes that he will have anymore luck with the washing machine than he did last week. But he's trying!" Giles cringed at the thought of the flooding that had occurred the previous week "Think you could talk him out of it?!"

"I'll try" Buffy giggled as she turned and walked down into the basement.

As Spike came into view, Buffy saw that he had removed his shirt and was bent over the washing machine. Jesus, did the guy have a nice body, she thought, feeling her body flush and tighten and her heart rate soar. God I need to get laid, she thought desperately, pictures of her sitting on the washing machine, the focus of all of his attention, her hand moving to the front of his jeans, popping the buttons slowly, as his hands ran up her arms, to her shoulders, pulling her towards him gently...

"Buffy!" Spike clicked his fingers in her face as she slowly broke out of her reverie. "Did you want me for something?" he asked.

Oh yes she thought her face flushing; I want you for something alright! She avoided his eyes as she answered, "Yep, one of the rules of babysitting, is that you don't try to flood the house and drown the baby!"

"I'm not going to flood the house!" he defended himself, "I just really need my red shirt for tomorrow night, I've got me a hot date"

"You've got a date?" Buffy asked, her heart sinking and a strange feeling welling up in her chest. Good, this is good, she thought trying to convince herself.

"Yeah, some girl I work with, blonde, pretty, Clem convinced me to get back on the horse" and she looks a lot like you he thought to himself, only dumber.

"Well, that's good" Buffy's voice sounded false, even to her "If you promise to leave the washing machine alone for my daughter's sake, I'll do the washing for you tomorrow"

"On that happy note, I will vacate the basement and plant myself down in front of the footie for the night!"

Buffy & Spike wandered into the living room, interrupting Giles and Willow, who appeared to be having a debate about tarot cards verses crystal balls. After a quick goodbye and a reminder about Katie's feed at 11pm, in case she wasn't back, Buffy and Willow left for the Bronze.

***************************************************************************

Arriving at the club, Willow pulled Buffy over to a table, surrounded by people and began introducing people to her,

"This is Xander, he's a little strange, but he will grow on you" Willow said, gesturing to the dark haired man in the bright coloured shirt.

"Oy!" Xander protested, but his eyes twinkled with laughter "You'll have to excuse Willow, she's been around Anya for too long, they're both loopy!" He flinched as the blond beside him punched him in the arm. "Nice to meet you though" Buffy laughed, enchanted.

The blond broke in before Willow could continue "I'm Anya," she said smiling, "and Xander's mine" Her face and tone where pleasant, but the hands off warning was clear. Buffy smiled and flashed her wedding ring at the happy couple. "No need to worry about me" she said, "I'm already taken". Or not, she thought bitterly, there has been no taking of me for quite some time!

Anya didn't look convinced, "you're married?" she questioned suspiciously, "Yeah, why?" Buffy answered warily.

"Well, it's just that you've got that "it's been so long since I've had sex I can't remember what it feels like", look about you"

"ANYA!" Came from everyone around the table as Buffy's mouth dropped open in shock.

Xander rolled his eyes, and said in a exasperated voice "Anya, do you remember that conversation we had about you opening your mouth before engaging your brain?"

"Oh yes, where you told me not to say what we are all thinking! I didn't like that conversation." She responded with a frown.

"You will find that Anya tends to speak her mind, no matter how strange or twisted" Willow said, her face red with embarrassment.

"It's okay Wills," Buffy replied, still a little shocked by the blunt speaking.

Willow breathed a sigh of relief and turned to a short man with spiky purple hair, "this is Oz" she advised, "he doesn't talk much, but when he does... Well you'll find out"

Oz nodded his head with a quick "Hi" and returned to surveying the dance floor.

A girl with dirty blond hair and beautiful eyes looked up from her drink and smiled sweetly as Willow introduced her, "and last but not least, this is Tara." Buffy couldn't help but smile back at the young women as she greeted her.

Xander went to get some drinks and the group sat chatting and getting to know each other, Buffy found out that Tara owned a magic shop with Anya. "It's making lots of lovely money!" Anya cackled gleefully, "I like the exchange of goods and services for money"

"Don't mind her," Tara said shyly, "she's really not that materialistic"

"Are you sure?" Oz asked with a raised eyebrow

"Honestly, I think she is," said Xander jokingly “and I live with her!" He flinched as Anya elbowed him in the side. “Oww!”

“Oh shut up you big baby!”

Buffy laughed, along with the group, enjoying being part of a large group again and finished her second drink, or was that her third? It didn't seem sensible to get too drunk around people she had only just met and so n lieu of another drink she pulled Willow up to dance with her.

*********************************************************************************

Despite her best intentions, by the time Buffy got to the front door she couldn't get the lock to stay still long enough for her to fit her key in it. "Stay still will you!" she muttered, before dropping her keys into the foliage at the side of the door. "Oh shit!" she dropped to her knees, trying to feel for her keys in the dark bush.

Whilst she was struggling, half inside the bush, Spike opened the door and watched with amusement the sight of a delightful rear end wiggling in front of him. Suppressing a groan he decided to make his presence known, before he did something unforgivable.

"Are you planning on spending the night in there luv, or did you wanna come in?" Buffy pulled herself out of the bush, looking puzzled, leaves and twigs tangled in her hair "Did I open the door?"

Spike began to laugh, "You're pissed, get up off the floor and get inside, you dozy bint"

"I'm not "Pissed"" Buffy insisted screwing up her nose as she shakily stood, "I'm really quite calm, but I won't stay that way if you keep calling me names!"

Spike was visibly struggling to keep his laughter under control as he explained "Pissed luv, it means drunk" He took her arm and helped her into the house.

"Oh!" and after she had thought about it for a bit, "How's my baby?"

"Little bit was fine, has had her last bottle, shouldn't get you up for a good five hours! You going up to bed now?" Please go to bed he thought, your drunk and beautiful and I just wanna run my hands over your body....

"Spike!" Buffy flushed as their eyes met and she was reminded of an earlier conversation with Willow, when the women's toilets where strangely empty.

"So what's the situation between you and Spike then?" Willow had asked her, finally backing the blonde woman into a corner. Buffy had flushed and stammered that there was nothing there but Willow hadn't been convinced.

"You are living with an unarguably HOT man and you're telling me that you haven't noticed?" She questioned, "I don’t believe it anyway, no normal straight woman could live with that man and not notice and anyway, I've seen you two together, you exude chemistry"

"Willow, I'm a married woman, married by the way, to the brother of the hot guy I'm living with!"

"Ah hah!" Willow announced happily "You think he's hot!"

Buffy shook her head as she left the toilets, "I'm married Wills, not dead!"

Looking into Spike's eyes now she was reminded very strongly of the fact that she wasn't dead, in fact her body was clearly reacting to his closeness, her breathing became deeper and her eyes wandered along his chiseled cheekbones, being drawn closer and closer to those kissable lips.

She had an obstinate look on her face, Spike realized as she was staring at him, God knows he had seen it more than once before, she managed to look sulk and obstinate all at the same time and she was adorable. He didn’t know what she wanted, but…

“Damn it” he growled, pulling her to him and clamping his mouth over hers. Buffy, her mind clouded with alcohol and desire clung to him meeting his passion with her own, she was aware of nothing but his mouth and hands, nothing else existed. She wanted nothing in her life as much as to feel this man inside her. His hands moved and lifted her, her legs wrapped around his waist and they stumbled back against the wall.

The resulting crash of the coat stand hitting the floor and the wail from upstairs indicating that Katie was awake broke them apart. Both gasping for breath, they eyed each other warily, before Buffy stammered that she had to get to Katie and ran up the stairs.

After watching Buffy race away, Spike groaned “Well you’ve done it now you stupid ponce! You acted like an eighteen year old on a first date” Well aware that he wouldn’t sleep, he wandered into the kitchen to find himself a beer.