Author's Chapter Notes:
Here's another little chapter for you. Hope you enjoy :)
Buffy wasn’t home by the time Spike left for his date and he was disappointed, he wanted to see if she would have any reaction about his going out, especially after their kiss last night. Dammit, he wanted to make her jealous and the least she could do was be here so he could!

He shook his head, obviously she didn’t have a problem with his going out, and she had washed and dried his favourite red shirt just for the occasion. She didn’t care and the thought pained him, this was getting far too complicated. She was married, to his brother, but…

Enough! He thought suddenly, you have a date tonight with a beautiful blonde, the wrong beautiful blond, but you can go out, have fun, have yourself some sex and forget about Buffy.

Which was why two hours later after the longest, most ridiculous meal ever Spike was slowly drinking himself into a stupor. He was trying to ignore the words coming out of Harmony’s mouth and focusing instead on the dress she was wearing, or not wearing he thought with a chuckle.

“It’s not funny Spikey!” Harmony whinged in reaction to his laugh, “That bitch sat at the photocopier for three hours just to spite me!” She finished with a huff.

“There now pet,” Spike spoke slurring his words slightly “I’m sure it wasn’t about you, she probably needed to do a lot of copying” What am I saying, he thought suddenly, why am I encouraging her? God I must be a glutton for punishment.

“Wanna get out of here?” he asked with a smirk, his eyes firmly on her breasts.

Harmony flushed slightly and puffed out her chest a little more, “Sure, lets go” She responded excitedly.

Back at harmony’s apartment, she jumped on him the second he walked through the door, “What no offer of coffee?” He joked running his hands down her back.

“I’ve got something much better for you than coffee.” A seductive look on her face as she pulls him over to the sofa, he sat and kissed her, going through the motions making her moan, but for him the spark just wasn’t there, she just didn’t taste right, or move right, his mind flashed back to kissing Buffy and his body started to respond to the memory. He moved his mouth to her neck, nibbling at it and making her moan, all he could see was his blonde angel.

“Oh God, Spikey!” Harmony moaned, jolting him from his fantasy, making him realise that he wasn’t here with Buffy. He shrugged the feeling off and went back to kissing the blonde in his arms, but he’d lost his passion.

He stood up in disgust.

“Spikey.” Harmony whined, her voice a little breathless, “What are you doing?”

“I’m sorry Harm, I just… I can’t do this”

“What? Why?” Harmony looked shocked; she had never EVER been turned down like this before. “What’s wrong with you?”

“Look, I really am sorry, I shouldn’t be here. I… I guess I’m not ready for this yet” He lied; he was ready alright, just not with this girl. “It’s not been long since my divorce, and… Well...”

“Oh Spikey,” Harmony stood and wrapped her arms around him “That’s so sweet, but I can’t wait forever you know” She said with a frown “I mean I know you’ve fallen for me, is it going to hurt you if I move on?”

Holding back a chuckle Spike responded with a chaste kiss to her lips, “I don’t expect you to wait” God the chit was undeniably the most deluded person on the planet, oh Hell, he thought if it makes her happy, and gets me out of here in one piece, I can live with her thinking that.

He left then, resigned to walking across town, back home.

He hadn’t got far when he realised what had happened and he was furious, stupid bint, walks into my life, makes it complicated and now she’s messing with my ability to get laid. That bitch, why is she here? Why do I feel this way about her? And why couldn’t I take the great sex that was practically offered to me on a platter?

The thoughts went round and round in his head, making him dizzy. His drunken mind had managed to blame Buffy for every disaster since the fall of man, especially the fall of this man, he though bitterly. If only I could sleep with her, cool myself in her beautiful body, then this would go away. Some voice deep inside him told him that it would just make things worse, he would never get enough of her and if he gave in, he would follow her around like a little lost puppy, he firmly ignored the voice and walked up the path to the front door.

******************************************************************************

Buffy was jealous, she was a sensible girl most of the time and she faced facts, she couldn’t bear the idea of him going out with anyone, couldn’t bear the though of him sleeping with anyone. She should just go to bed, she old herself, he’s not coming home tonight. But still she sat up, wide awake tormenting herself with visions of him kissing another woman and more.

She was sick, she decided suddenly, sick and twisted. He heart hurt at the thought of him leaving, of having to meet this other woman who had Spike. Stop it, you are a married woman, you have no right to feel this way, she scolded herself. But still into the night she stayed awake, waiting for him to come home.

When Spike staggers through the front door, he finds Buffy sitting on the sofa, glaring at him.

“So what, you had your fun and left her alone huh?” She bit out, furious with him, she couldn’t believe that he had even gone on the date, not after that kiss, not that she wanted to take it any further, but her feelings had been seriously hurt.

“Pet, what are you talking about?” He asked “Oh,” he said a minute after seeing the glare she’d thrown his way, “You’re jealous!” His heart lifted, she was jealous and he was elated at the thought.

“I’m not jealous!” Buffy snapped, “I’m just concerned for the poor girl you fucked and left, I thought you knew better than that!”

“Luv, if you’re not jealous, why are sitting up waiting for me to come home?” He sidled over to her and dropped down on the sofa next to her.

“I was reading.” She answered as his hand moved over her leg, making her suppress a shiver.

“Really” He responded, massaging her thigh, “And what where you reading?” His voice was husky, making her close her eyes to keep from moaning, her mind had gone blank, all she could do was feel what he was doing to her.

Spike moved his free hand to Buffy’s face, turning her head so she was looking at him and he was staring deeply into her hazel eyes. What he saw in her eyes, obviously urged him to continue and he moved forward to kiss her tenderly. Buffy gasped when his lips met hers, deepening the kiss, she brought her hands up and under his shirt, making him moan when her hands touched his bare flesh.

They had shifted so that Spike was laying on top of her, kissing his way down her neck and removing her top, leaving her lacy bra. He sat back looking at her. “God, you are beautiful” He groaned, before moving to the lacy scrap that covered her breasts, he cupped one, his fingers brushing her nipple. He delighted in the gasp that came from her urging him on, he moved his head down to her other breast, giving it some attention with his tongue, making her writher beneath him, her low moans making him harder for her.

His mouth moved back up to claim her mouth as his hand moved down to the part of her that was aching for his touch, he cupped her sex through her jeans, she grabbed his head.

“Oh God” She bit out desperately moving her body closer to his hand, wanting more wanting…

She stopped suddenly. Pulling away from him, she sat up.

“What? What’s wrong?” Spike asked, desperately trying to regain his composure.

“Is once a night not enough for you now?” She spat at him, fighting tears. How had this happened, she feels like such a slut.

“Buffy, luv… What are you talking about?” His eyes were wounded and Buffy could see her own pain reflected there.

“You bastard, I can’t believe you!” She was fighting the urge to give in to him again as her moved closer to him; her body was still reacting to his nearness.

“Oh God!” He exclaimed “Buffy, I didn’t sleep with her tonight…I couldn’t.” He took a deep ragged breath, “All I could see was you, and all I wanted was you.”

His voice rang with the sincerity that was reflected on his face, the words made her melt and without a sound, she kissed him. This time Buffy ended up sprawled on top of Spike, kissing his face, neck moving down to his chest, when she bit his nipple, he lost control and tried to grind himself against her, moaning incoherently.

Oh god, Buffy thought her gaze hitting one of Katie’s toys, what am I doing? Without a word to Spike, she jumped off him and ran up the stairs, leaving a very confused and horny man lying on the sofa.