Author's Chapter Notes:
See below
A/N- This is my second fic ever so I really DO want to know what you think.

It's 18 for violence and horror. Spuffy eventually.

P.S. Reviews are like author brain food. The more we get the more we write.

Enjoy!

Chapter One

'This is just fantastic.’ thought Buffy sarcastically as the demon she was trying to kill picked her up and threw her like a rag doll across the cemetery.

’Sucky day at school, followed by obsessive training on Giles’ part and then a grounding. Brilliant. Just what I need when I’m the Slayer.’

She got up and saw that the demon had apparently vanished.

“Here demony demony demon…” she muttered, pressing herself against the mausoleum she had landed by.

’Where the hell did it go? It’s not as if I can ask someone “hey, did ya happen to see this 7ft tall, 700Ib green demon with scales?”’ She thought idly.

Buffy dared to peek around the corner.

The demon was now embroiled in a fight with someone else.

Someone suspiciously familiar…

“Oh God.” Said Buffy, groaning inwardly.

‘this day just keeps getting worse. Why is that peroxide idiot here?’

She watched carefully from the sidelines, observing Spike’s fighting style as he fought against the demon. After all, why not take advantage of the unfortunate situation that her enemy was in?

As she watched she found herself not really focussing on Spike’s fighting style, but his body.

’ I didn’t wanna admit it before now but he’s actually kinda hot. It’s too bad that he’s evil...’

She was snapped out of her daze when Spike was hurled the same way she was, into the mausoleum. The stone structure smashed to pieces, and Buffy had a feeling that if Spike had been human, the force of the blow would have killed him.

Spike struggled to his feet and smirked at Buffy.

“So pet, are you gonna just stand there or help the Big Bad get rid of another Big Bad?”

With a jolt, Buffy realised that her hiding place was now gone. Putting on an air of confidence she responded to his question.

“Well I *was* but then you went and said that so now - I don’t think so.” She replied, smug that she’d finally gotten the last word in.

The demon, now bored of their banter, roared aggressively. The two blondes looked at each other, making a sort of non-verbal agreement not to kill each other through the duration of the fight.

However, the duration of the fight after that point wasn’t even two minutes, as the demon was even stronger than the tag-team duo of a Slayer and Master vampire.

For every one punch or kick that Buffy or Spike threw, the demon would either block it easily or hit back doubly hard.

Less than a minute into the battle, the tides really turned in the favour of the demon.

The pair were knocked to the ground, dazed. The demon had them right were it needed them.

It picked the pair up by their heads, one in each hand, and smashed their heads together.

The pain was searing and white-hot. Buffy felt as though everything had slowed down, getting slower and darker, until her eyes slipped shut and she was helpless.

~*~*~

The demon, now satisfied that the pair was out cold, placed them on the ground in front of what remained of the mausoleum.

It moved over to a nearby oak tree. Using its finger, the demon traced a line down the trunk of the tree.

The line it had drawn glowed a fluorescent blue and slipped slightly wider until the glowing blue line was a glowing blue gap.

Happy with its work, the demon picked up Spike and threw him into the gap.

Instead of his body hitting the tree, Spike passed through the blue gap and vanished, like he had never even been there.

The demon then picked up Buffy and threw her in too.

She also passed through the blue gap.

The demon growled and placed the palm of its hand against the blue gap.

It flashed and changed to bright green, then darkened so that it looked like moss on the tree. Perfectly disguising the dimensional rift.

~*~*~

“WHAT?! WHADDAYAMEAN THEY JUST VANISHED?!” bellowed The Voice.

The Voice was the main physical representation of the Powers That Be. It wasn’t visible to any kind of vision. The only way to discern that the Voice existed was its, well, voice. It sounded like a man and woman speaking at the same time.

“That’s all I could find out your powerfulness, they just went poof.” Said one of the PTB’s many assistants, Whistler.

“WELL YOU’D BETTER FIND THEM OR WE’LL MAKE SURE ALL OF YOUR FUTURE VISIONS ARE EXCUCIATINGLY PAINFULL!”

It was a rarity that the Voice got angry, but right now, it was livid.

“Yeah yeah, sure, I’ll find ‘em. Always so pushy…” moaned Whistler.

And with that, Whistler clicked his fingers and teleported to the dimension in which Buffy and Spike usually dwelled.

As he zoomed to his destination, he couldn’t help but feel sad that Angel, his first ever case on the ‘Help Me’ list that the PTBs sent to him through painful visions and direct orders, had seemingly lost his lost his love.

’ Aww well, it probably wasn’t gonna work out anyways.’ thought Whistler as he finally arrived to the spot in the cemetery that Buffy and Spike had existed in less than a minute ago.

He began to search the area for clues.

As he moved over to the broken mausoleum, he detected a strange presence.

Whistler stood up without turning around. “So you’re the one that caused this trouble, huh?”

The demon behind him grunted to show that it heard.

“Hmm, figures it’d be one of you guys. Always so obsessed with Slayers being in the wrong place.”

The demon growled angrily.

Seeing that he wasn't going to get any answers out of the demon, Whistler sighed and said, “See ya around then.”

The demon didn’t want to hand over its prizes. Using its finger, it sliced a red line down its green belly. It roared one final time, then collapsed to the ground, dead.

Whistler sighed again.

“Or not.”

He looked up at the sky and saw that it was getting brighter, the sun at least only a half hour from rising.

“Looks like I’ll have to tell the Watcher that she’s vanished from all radar.” He muttered to himself, not even noticing the abnormally mossy tree to his left.

~*~*~

A/N- Well? What do you think? Whether you liked it, disliked it or were indifferent to it, I WANNA KNOW! It takes less than a minute to do it and to be honest, it hurts us authors when 90 people have looked at the story and only 3 have bothered to comment (just look at the current chapter of my other story ‘The New Sid + Nancy’ for proof).