After a long, long conversation between Clem and Deirdre, she finally believed he was not here to harm her. She was relieved that he knew Willow and was happy to head off to Marno with him. This was a very strange and new experience for her. She had never seen a demon, only in the books she read. Now, their whole world had been turned upside down and knowing some demons weren't evil, just made it even more confusing. Clem was definitely not a threat. He was kind, gentle, and he made sure she was as comfortable as possible during their trip to Marno.

She took him into town, which was kind a comedic moment. She wrapped her apron around him, and covered his head with her shawl. He barely had his eyes exposed, which caused him to bump into things here and there. The locals did look at them strangely, but thankfully not because they saw a demon, but because they saw a strange tall man with a woman's shawl wrapped around him. Deirdre froze when someone she knew approached them, eying Clem intensely. Luckily, he didn't expect a thing. She paid someone to take them to Wally's place and to not ask questions. The driver was fine with it, as long as he got paid. The carriage drivers were like cabbies. They didn't care who you were just as long as you paid them the fair and gratuity.

The ride took all day. Deirdre and Clem shared stories of their past. He told her all about the First, Buffy, Spike, Sunnydale, and Willy's. Deirdre let out a chuckle at the fact that his world was so comfortable with demons that they actually had pubs specifically for them. It amused her, not scared her, so that was good. He didn't want to scare or shock her. He knew, even back in Sunnydale, that people weren't aware of the supernatural, mystics, or demons. Vampires at least could sort of blend in, since they kept their human forms, but demons were different. They were who they were. Born that way, so to speak. Deirdre loved his stories. She was blown away at the happenings around them. Yesterday she shared her home with a powerful witch and vampire slayer, today she was sharing a ride with a demon from Sunnydale.

Wally waited for them outside as their carriage approached. He greeted them with a smile. He looked strangely at Clem who, by this point had taken off Deirdre's shawl, but forgot to take the apron off.

"It's okay, Wally. He knows these people. He knows Giles, and Willow. You can trust him," she assured him.

He smiled, apprehensively and walked them inside. Clem followed them through the dining area, to the back courtyard. He spotted Giles and some green guy talking at a picnic table, holding pints of... beer? "Ooo. Beer!" Clem said cheerfully.

Giles and Lorne turned in unison. "Clem. Nice to see you," Giles said. Then he turned his attention to the woman talking with Wally.

Clem joined them at the table, ecstatic for being offered a beer. "Mr. Giles, nice to see you, believe me. I've been wandering around this place for days. Where are we?"

"Well, it seems we've fallen into another dimension," Giles told him.

"How?"

"We're, uh, not sure. Someone may have placed a spell, but it doesn't explain why demons and such have been forced here as well," Giles said.

Clem eyed Lorne with a sudden feeling of recognition. "Hey didn't you own Caritas in L.A.?"

"Yea, that was so long ago, feels like another world," Lorne joked. He rose from the bench and walked towards the keg near the door.

"Cool. What ever happened to it?"

"What didn't happen to it?" Lorne smirked. "Hey, I remember you, you did an awesome heartfelt rendition of I Love Rock and Roll!" Lorne smiled as he handed Clem a drink.

Clem accepted his drink and took a sip. "Yea, that was me. That Joan Jett is such a rock star, you know, gets me every time."

Lorne sat back down, sighing. "Yes, I have to totally agree"

Clem grinned and turned to Giles. "So is Buffy okay? Dawnie?"

"Well. She and Spike are north, retrieving a piece of the Gem of Anu. Dawn, we assume is still in our world."

Deirdre and Wally joined them. She sipped her ale then spoke. "I explained most of it to him, of what I know."

"Yea,This gem will get us back, huh?" Clem asked.

"Hopefully." Giles took a sip of his ale and placed the mug down on the table, keeping his eyes pinned to it.

"And Spike?" Clem asked, wondering if Giles even heard him.

"Spike, he's human now. No longer a vampire." Giles said, still eying his ale.

"He's wha... wow, how is it taking it? Hard?" Clem asked.

"I think he likes it, quite well actually." Giles added.

Clem smiled and took a sip from his drink. "Yes, yes of course. Good for him!" he said, nervously.

Giles lifted his gaze and turned to Lorne, who was joining them.

"Supper's ready!" Gretta yelled from the kitchen. Lorne and Giles rose, motioning for Clem to follow. Clem grinned and happily joined them for the feast.


The Immortal sat in Deirdre's chair with a look of disgust. He was mad at himself for letting her slip away. He was so close to finding out what Willow and friends were up to. Buffy must be nearby, as well. Angelus too. Thinking of him sent rage through his body. He hated that pathetic vampire. But it was Spike he wanted. Spike with whom Buffy loves. How dare Spike take her away from... well, okay she was never his, but he wanted her all the same. She rejected him one too many times, now he will do whatever it takes to get her crawling on her hands and knees like a common whore. Oh yes, he will have his day. He will make her...

"Monsieur, what are we still doing here?" Jean asked.

Sergio's head lifted from searching through Deirdre's bookshelf. He was waiting for this answer as well. Why were they still here?

"I need to get my head together," The Immortal curled his lip at him and turned to the den. He sat in one of the bog couches when he noticed a piece of paper sitting on the coffee table. He picked it up.

The Gretho Inn. 100 Main Street, Marno.
Willow and friends, arriving 8 P.M.

He read this aloud. The Immortal rose and grabbed it from his hand. Yes! At least it was something. "We leave now. Let us go see what this Gretho Inn is. As soon as we find out where Marno is."


They sat around the dining table devouring Gretta's wonderful chicken and roasted vegetables. Clem was excited to meet Illyria and was even more impressed hearing the stories of the Sunnydale battle and how Willow turned all the potentials into real slayers.

Wally studied all of them closely. He eyed Clem and Lorne, back and forth. He was puzzled how these demons could be just like anyone else. He had never read anywhere that demons could actually be civil and nice. The green one liked to drink, but didn't seem to get drunk. He liked to tell incredible stories about people they never met or heard of. And this wrinkled, floppy eared one. How strange he was. Was it real? Were they trustworthy? They couldn't be. He would have to look into some more books, see if there's any mention of such demons.

He thought of the vampire and the strange blue girl. How could they not be evil? It made no sense to him. Vampires had no souls, and they drank blood. Human blood, from what he's read. Now, Rupert had made it clear that this particular vampire did have a soul and meant no harm. He actually had his own business of helping people in the land they are from. But what did that mean? Vampire with a soul? He was still a blood drinker, no? And the blue one, well her stories were quite fantastic and by the way she made it seem, she was a very mean demon. She tortured people and ruled over them like a hell beast.

He didn't trust anyone here. He was quite sure Rupert and his guests were not going to do any harm, but he felt like they had another agenda than just to help him with the on slaughter of demons and get home. He'd watch, and wait for the rest to come back with the gem. Then he'll really see what this is all about.


Faith and Angel made it to the last stop before Gustor. The inn keeper showed them to their rooms, and informed them that a carriage will be ready for them at 6 AM.

"Great, another crack of dawner. I swear, If I don't get decent sleep..." Faith threw her bags on the bed, turning to Angel.

"Yea, I hear ya. Early night then. Right?"

Faith sat on the bed, nodding. She fell back, letting her body turn to jelly on the soft mattress. "Wow, this feels good."

"I bet. I'm going to try mine out. Then maybe turn in. If you need anything..," he said.

"Sure thing," she said, closing her eyes in the comfort she felt.

After two hours of trying to sleep, she couldn't. She tossed in her bed as if something didn't want her to sleep.

"Damn!" She said aloud, jumping to her feet. She decided to see if Angel was sleeping. She stood outside his door, not hearing anything. She knocked, but no one responded. She meant to turn back to her room when his door opened.

"Faith, what's up?"

She looked up at him with those big brown eyes, almost child like. He shivered at how cute she looked.

"Can't sleep. Can I come in?"

"Oh, of course," Angel told her.

Angel walked over to the bed and sat, watching her pace around the room. She stopped when she caught him watching her. She smiled at him, waving her hands behind her back.

"Look, I know I'm a bit restless. But I can't help it. We're going to get that gem piece tomorrow," she said, rubbing her hands together.

"Yea, are you worried?"

"No, just jazzed." She joined him on the bed and threw her legs up in a crossed-legged position.

Angel smiled at her and leaned back on his elbow.

"So, we can talk, if you like," he suggested.

They talked for an hour or so. Angel smiled when Faith finally yawned. He felt weird that maybe he bored her, but she needed sleep all the same.

"Ready for bed, yet?" he asked her.

She looked at him, eyelids dropping. "Maybe. Can I...sleep in here with you?"

Angel felt himself shudder. What did she ask? Oh no. He can't. Can he? Of course he can. She's just a friend. She's with Robin, she won't expect anything... right?

"Yea, okay. Sure," Angel said.

Faith was already half asleep before he answered her. He lifted her legs and put her under the covers, noticing her nightshirt ride up a bit. His eyes grew wide when he spotted her naked thigh and the hint of purple panties. He quickly threw the covers over her and walked away, hands in the air. He'd sleep in the chair, for his own good. He didn't want to take advantage, plus it would be wrong. Absolutely wrong. And hot. So hot.

No. Wrong. So Wrong.

He sat in the chair, watching her sleep. He quickly joined her in the slumber, covering himself with a throw.

He awoke to Faith talking in her sleep. He opened his eyes, gasping at what he saw. Faith, still asleep had thrown the covers off of her. She was dreaming, obviously. Does he wake her, does he just let her wake on her own? Damn. Okay, so he'd pick up the blanket and throw it over her, cover her. Yeah. Good plan.

As he neared the bed he heard her more clearly. She was saying his name. What? Why? And like that? He quickly picked up the blanket and held it over her. He jumped when he felt a hand grab his forearm.

Faith looked up at him, giving him a come hither glare. Angel froze, holding the blanket over Faith, but not covering her yet. She smiled and brought him down on top of her. Angel didn't fight. He didn't protest. He just went with it.

He kissed her hard, slipping his tongue in her mouth. Faith grabbed his head, returning the kiss. Angel brought his mouth down to her neck and slowly licked down to her breasts. Faith purred.

"What are we doing?" he whispered.

"Whatever comes naturally?"

He lifted himself up and ripped his shirt off. She smiled at his hard body, and brought her lips to his chest, biting it, gently. Angel grabbed her night shirt and pulled it over her head. He slid down her body, taking off her panties. Faith jerked up and grabbed him. She pulled him back on top of her and kissed him hard on the mouth. He ran his hand down her body. God, she was hot. He was surrounded by heat. All around him, swallowing him. He throbbed, feeling her legs wrap around his back. .

Faith laid her head back on the pillow and smiled at him. "See not so bad, huh?" she said. She looked at him strangely when he didn't answer her. "Angel can you hear me? Angel?"

Angel awoke on the chair. Faith stood over him, nudging his arms. Wait, what happened?

A dream.

"Yea, What's up Faith?" he said, hoping he wasn't talking in his sleep.

"You were moaning and stuff. I wanted to make sure you were okay," Faith told him.

Damn!

"Fine. I'm good, thanks," he assured her.

When she was convinced, she went back into her own room. Angel was relieved, but also had bit of a problem to take care of.

"Damn Slayers," he said to himself