The city was buzzing with life when Willow and Kennedy entered it. People were walking fast, in a New York type of frenzy and determination. Willow gleamed at all the culture here. Restaurants, theaters, opera houses. Nobody looked their way. People here seemed to be in their own state of mind, getting to where ever it was they were headed to. Willow took the lead and walked through the main gates. The streets were cobblestone and brick. The colors were amazing. It almost appeared as if each building was it's own shade of either blue, or red, purple, or green. Beyond the hustle and bustle and the grand architecture, stood the castle. It was magnificent and huge, and it seemed to tower over everything else in the city. It sat atop a small hill, just north of where they stood. The closer they got to it, the bigger the hill seem to get, though. How were they going to get in? The gates were tall and made of thick iron. It would take an invitation, of course. But how will they get one of those?

After an hour of walking around in circles Kennedy suggested they rest at a nearby coffee shop. Excited to actually have a cup of coffee, Willow agreed. The place was tiny. They sat at an outside table which seemed way too small for two people.

"What can I get you this morning?" the waitress asked.

Willow looked up and was a little taken aback at the prettiness of the waitress. She was very cute with red hair, green eyes, and sweet smile. Her hair fell loosely over her shoulders, swaying in the breeze. Something about her caused Willow to suddenly become tongue tied.

"Uh, I'll have an espresso," Kennedy said, looking at Willow strangely.

"Latte. Please. Non fat," Willow finally ordered.

She gladly took their order and stepped inside.

"What was that all about?" Kennedy asked her.

I don't know, something struck me..." Willow confessed.

"Is this something, some thing I need to be jealous about?" Kennedy teased.

"No no, it's not that, I mean, yea she's pretty... really pretty but no, it's something magicky I sensed." Willow assured her.

Kennedy giggled. "It's okay Wil, so how are we going to get to Allora?"

"Don't know. I think we may need to get an invite into the castle. I just don't know how we're going to get one."

The waitress stood at their table with the tray of coffee. She placed the mugs down in front of them, smiling at Willow.

"I don't mean to be rude, but I couldn't help but to over hear your conversation. You are looking for Allora?" the waitress asked them.

Willow and Kennedy eyed each other in shock. "Yea, do you know her?" Kennedy asked her.

"She's my mom."

Willow's eyes widened. "You're mom? So, you live in the castle?"

"Oh... no." the waitress chuckled. "She doesn't, we don't. We live near the lake. Down the path there," she said, pointing to a road behind them. "By the way, I'm Nora."

"I'm Kennedy, this is Willow. So, Allora doesn't live in the castle with Hakan?" Kennedy asked.

"Hak..? No. Hakan only lives in the castle with his queen and servants. No one else. What would make you think my mom lived there?" Nora asked.

Both Willow and Kennedy grew even more confused. It was her mom they needed to go see. But if this powerful gem piece wasn't in the castle, was it safe just sitting around a house somewhere near a lake? Willow thought hard before speaking up. They'll be stuck here forever is she messed this up.

"Uh, Nora. We... kinda need to see your mom." Willow said.

Okay, good. That was enough information she needed to give Nora. She didn't have to tell her why, or what they were doing there in the first place. As long as they can get to Allora and explain to her how badly they needed the gem.

"Right. Do you guys know her?" Nora asked, investigating their attire. Willow had herself and Kennedy slip on clothes from this dimension so they wouldn't be so stand out-y. But something told her that even still, they stood out.

"Not exactly. We were sent to talk with her. It's a really long story. Is she around?" Willow asked.

"No. She'll be back tomorrow. She's visiting some friends up north. Are you guys staying here long?" Nora asked, smiling.

"I guess we are now," Kennedy said under her breath.


Allora entered her friend's home. Three men and two woman greeted her at the doorway. A big round table sat in the room off to the right with a few candles scattered around. Large windows let in the sunlight from the east. They walked to the table and each took their seat. Allora moved her white dress to the side and sat. A man with a long black beard spoke first.

"The portal has been opened, Allora. There have been sightings of evil creatures dwelling in such places at Marno and Gustor." He stroked his beard as he glanced around to everyone.

Allora stood. "Hakan has not given me any orders to bring the gem together. He would, if he thought there was a threat. I seriously doubt..."

An older gray-haired man stood. "People are dying, Allora. Children were attacked in Marno, before a group of peasants stopped it. The village was in ruin!"

Gasps filled the room. The women held their hands over their mouths in shock. Allora's eyes grew wide with panic. Why hadn't Hakan said anything? Why would he keep this a secret from her? She was the guardian. The protector of the gem piece. He gave his word.

"What can be done without locating the rest of the pieces?" One woman asked.

"Nothing. They have to all be brought together, as one. It'll take weeks, maybe months," Allora informed them.

The black bearded one stood, slamming his fist to the table. "Tell the king, Allora. Or we all will. We will tell him we know about the gem!"

He threatened to reveal this information none of them were supposed to have. They were brought together years ago because they shared the same belief in the supernatural. They believed in the prophecies, especially the one that involved the portal reopening and demons roaming free here, once again. Ever since Allora was a young girl, she had the 'sight' as Jolea called it. No one spoke of magic, or anything pertaining to it for eons. It was something only read about in children books or folktales. But they knew the truth and they felt it. Although, they weren't able to use the magic, it was easily detectible and they all knew this day would come.

This meeting was brought together by the black-bearded one, Jolea. He heard of the chaos that occurred in Marno and Gustor. The locals played it off as some sort of hooligan uproar. But this group knew. The portal has been opened, and now it was up to Allora to gather the others whom held a piece of the gem and end this demon invasion.

"That won't be necessary, Jolea. I'll go to the king at once," Allora told him.

Relief swept over them. All but Allora felt the tension leave. She was scared out of her mind. What will happen after she goes to the king? How will he be able to get hold of all the other pieces, before these monsters caused any more destruction?

The meeting was adjourned and everyone made way back to their homes. Allora stepped into her carriage, making herself comfortable for the days journey that lied ahead. The driver started the horses up and took off. She drifted in out of sleep during the first few hours. She awoke when the carriage stopped. Why did it stop? She peaked out. The sun was still bright. The morning had just ended, bringing in the afternoon glow. She held her head out of the window looking for her driver.

"Maemi?" she called out to him. No answer. She jumped at a strange sound that came from the woods. She thought she heard some sort of struggle. She looked out the other window, still not seeing anything.

When she turned back inside, she gasped at the sight of a strange man at the window. He smiled wide, licking lips. He had yellow eyes and his forehead was deformed. Allora screamed so loud, causing all the birds and animals to take off.

The fiend reached in for her, grabbing hold of hair. She instinctively slapped his hand away, causing him to hiss at her. Her heart was about to explode. She had never seen anything so hideous in her entire life. It smelled of sewers and death, and the way it grinned at her, caused an involuntary convulsion.

The carriage began to rock. She noticed the fiend was too strong, and now was trying to knock the carriage to its' side. Outside the carriage, her horses had been untied and were running away down the trail. Her face turned to horror when she felt her body being jerked around as the carriage tipped. A loud crash sent her body to slam against the side of the cabin. She gasped and then screamed as the fiend found his way inside. It grabbed her by the hair and pulled her out. He dragged her across the dirt until he found a good spot to feed. She looked up at him, half dazed. She didn't know what was about to happen. Was he going to kill her, beat her, rape her? What was he anyway. He looked similar to the vampires she read about.

Oh God. It's true. The demons are back, and it's too late.

She'll never be able to get the gem together now. She was about to die, in the hands of this terrible creature. At that thought, the foul being leaned in over her, bringing his bumpy face close to hers. Allora turned her head, sickened by the sight and smell of this thing. She heard it growl. When his fangs punctured her skin, something inside her snapped. Her head became clear, suddenly. She felt a wave of anger flow through her veins and she lifted her knee. She brought her foot to the vampire's chest and kicked him off of her, clear across the road. Allora and the vamp looked at each other with the same amount of shock. When he got back to his feet, he charged her. She instinctively held her hands out and knocked him back to the ground with the strength she never knew she had.

"What the hell are you, woman?" the vampire growled.

Allora had no idea how to answer that. She also couldn't figure out how she knew to run back over to the carriage a grab a broken piece of wood from the collapsed carriage. When the vamp made his final charge, she drove the wood into his heart. Allora looked on in utter disbelief when the monster turned to dust. She eyed the stake then dropped it as if her hand became weak, suddenly.

"What just happened?" she asked herself, looking around the vast forest.