Allora was exhausted. Walking for nearly a day had her feet sore and her legs feeling like jelly. She rested against a tree on the side of the road. Luckily she was able to snatch some food and water from the carriage before her trek. Allora had no idea where Maemi took off to. Something told her that the vampire was involved in his disappearance. The thought gave her chills and a twinge of nausea. How did I destroy that thing? How did I know how? Questions stirred, but she couldn't find the answers. Her mind right now was far from clear. The events of this past day have sent her into a sort of delirium. All she saw was the ugly vampire's face ready to burrow into her neck with his yellow eyes and pointed teeth.

She looked up the sky, noticing the setting sun. It was almost dusk, which filled her with even more dread. Walking through here at night would be close to impossible. She did not have a torch and there was nothing around for miles. She hoped someone would pass her by. A human someone. And then she heard it. Horse's hooves hitting the dirt road. Allora looked behind her and could see a carriage making it's way towards her.

"Thank God!" she said to herself.


Connor and Kinara road hastily down the mountainous road. Lily sat quietly in the back of the carriage and played with her dolls. Her body jerked as the carriage came to a full stop. She looked out to see her mom and Connor step down and approach a woman on the side of the road.

"Are you hurt?" Kinara asked the Allora.

Allora's eyes filled with tears at the overwhelming feeling of relief that washed over her. "No, but I've been walking since this morning, my driver..." Her words were cut off by the insistent coughing.

Kinara helped Allora into the back of the wagon. She instructed Connor to drive, which he gladly agreed to. Allora slumped with her eyes rolling to the back of her head. She was filthy and sweaty, and Lily stared at her in shock. "Mommy, is this woman going to be okay?" Lily asked.

Kinara's eyes were full of worry and curiosity. She took a rag from a bag at Lily's feet and poured a little water on it. Kinara brushed it against Allora's forehead, bringing her back to reality.

"Thank you." Allora lifted her head, holding the wet rag to her forehead. She smiled at Lily. She already began to feel better as the comfort set in. "My name is Allora. My driver went missing and I was attacked."

"That was your carriage back there?" Kinara asked her.

"Yes." Allora's face changed. She looked hard at Kinara and leaned in so Lily couldn't hear what she was about to tell her. "They are here. Vampires. One attacked me. I think he killed my driver."

Kinara glanced at Lily who was now staring out the window. "I know. Marno was invaded a few days ago. There are people here to help. They can fight them. They're strong. We're on our way to Marno now to meet up with some of them."

"Wait, what did you just say? People are fighting these creatures here?" Allora swallowed hard.

"Yes. A whole group of them. Some are witches. Some, slayers. Some, not even human."

Allora's heart sped up. "I killed it. This beast. I knew how to. I drove wood through his heart and he turned to dust," Allora whispered.

Kinara raised her eyebrows. "Impressive. How did you know what to do?"

"I have no idea. Maybe something stuck from reading those old folk tales."

"Either way," Kinara said, "it's good knowledge to have. Where were you headed?"

"Bruthem. Where I'm from."

Kinara's eyes widened. "Bruthem, the kingdom?"

"The one and only."


Nora paced around her house with Willow and Kennedy staring at her. They sat on her couch, impatiently waiting for Allora's return, which should have been three hours ago. "I'm worried. She's never late. Something must have happened," Nora cried.

"Is there a way to find out who she went up there to meet? Maybe they know," Kennedy suggested.

"I've got a better idea. First, why are you here to see my mother. And be honest. I have no time for bullshit!"

"Look, it's really important we see her. She has something we need." Willow pleaded.

Nora filled with rage. She suddenly felt like these people are responsible for her mother not returning. And if they were, so help her, she'd kill them right here and now. "I swear to God, if you guys have anything to do with..."

"We don't," Kennedy said, standing up. "Recently a portal opened, letting in the worst kind of monsters here, including us, and... that didn't come out right. Look, we need a gem piece that your mom has. It'll get rid of these monsters and get us back home."

Willow shot her head in Kennedy's direction. Her expression was that of shock and anger. Anger that Kennedy just gave them up. Just like that.

"What she's trying to say is that we can help get rid of these creatures, but we can't do it without this gem," Willow nervously told her.

"My mother has no gem piece. And even if she did, why would she hand it over to you?" Nora's eyes shot back and forth between them. Her distrust for them was strong and she was in no way going to let one of them out of her sight. She backed up when Kennedy now rose and faced her.

"Because we were sent to get it from her. We have friends retrieving the other pieces as we speak. It's really important..."

A crash was heard in the front yard. They spun their heads in the direction of the sound when the front door flew off it's hinges. Two men strolled in, licking their lips. As Nora gasped, the faces of the men changed..

"Vampires!" Willow shouted.

The men charged reaching Willow first. She tried with all her might to get some sort of spell charged up. She was able to at least create a ball of energy, throwing it at one of the vamps. He was knocked a few feet into the bookcase, which fell on top of him after the impact.

"What the hell is going on?" Nora cried.

"These are the monsters we were trying to tell you about," Kennedy said as she brought her knee hard into the other vamp's stomach. He bent over and Kennedy elbowed his back sending him crashing to the floor. "And we can fight them, not you. So you need to help us, got it?" Kennedy kicked the back of the vamp's head, knocking him unconscious.

She neared Nora who backed away slowly until she was pinned against the wall. Kennedy continued. "See, they are going to wake up soon, and we can just trap you in here with them if we wanted. Or, you can get us that gem piece. We kill these vampires, and all is back to normal. What's your choice?"

Nora swallowed hard at Kennedy's words. She glanced over at the vamp on the ground. He began to make grunting noises as if he was coming to. Her heart sped up to a rapid beat. Kennedy's eyes were glued on Nora's as she met her gaze, swallowing hard again.

"Well, what's it going to be?" Kennedy asked.

"Fine. I'll get the piece. But, will you guys help me find my mother?"

Kennedy back away, freeing Nora from her grip. She smiled at her. "Good girl. And yes, we'll help you."

Nora glanced back at the weary vampires and ran into her mother's room. Kennedy kicked the coffee table, breaking it. She grabbed one of its legs and bent down near the vampire. The vamp lifted his head, growling at Kennedy. As he tried to rise, Kennedy drove the wooden leg through it.

Just then the bookcase flew up and the vampire that was underneath it roared. It approached Willow who was walking behind Nora.

"Willow" Kennedy yelled.

Willow looked her way and saw Kennedy throw the wooden leg at her. Willow grabbed it and smiled. She closed in on the vamp, who began to laugh at her.

"Little girl, what to you think you're going to do with that?" the vamp mocked.

Willow smiled and drove it hard through his chest. "This," she said.

Nora came back into the room holding a small wooden box. She opened it, revealing a glowing green gem inside. Willow's eyes widened as she neared it. "Wow, nice," she said.

"We have to get this thing back to Marno." Kennedy said

"Wait, you promised we'd look for my mother!" Nora's eyes filled with tears. Willow looked at her sympathetically. They couldn't turn their back on her, no matter how long it would take them to find her mother.

"We will. Can we start, like say, now?" Willow smiled at Nora.

"My carriage is out back," Nora said.


"I was sworn to protect this gem. Once it's put back together, a portal reopens and monsters can enter once again," Allora said to Kinara.

Lily was now asleep, thankfully. This conversation would be most inappropriate for her young ears. Kinara listened, fascinated by Allora's words. "So, how did they come back if the gem pieces are still separated?"

"My guess, someone opened it up from their side. I don't know how, but it's the only way to explain it."

Allora was still uncertain how anyone could have such strength in magic to pull that off. Although she always believed in it, she never fully got a taste of it. Never really saw it for real. The place where the demons came from must have been intoxicating. So much magic must have existed there.


Los Angeles seemed brighter than usual. People moved around looking happier. More cheerful. He had no clue what had taken place almost a week ago. His slayers, gone. All slayers, gone. And Faith, made his heart hurt.

Of course, he didn't know this for sure. When he arrived at the hotel, the workers were just coming back. Clean up was in progress, yet no one there acted like anything had happened. He approached the concierge and pleaded for information about the crowd that took up the top floor. No one knew what he was talking about. Like it all just disappeared from their memories. One of the managers was kind enough to show Robin the rooms they had once occupied.

Empty.

No sign of them even being there. Panic was a common feeling these past few days for him. How could they all have just disappeared? Something was obviously wrong. When he watched the breaking news about these supposed tornadoes, he knew it was magic. He knew there was someone behind it. He immediately figured it was the senior partners. It was the only explanation. So, he gathered his things and flew to L.A., only to come up with nothing. Everyone was gone. And he couldn't figure out why he was still there. Why was he spared? He was almost feeling left out. Of course, that thought made him chuckle.

After leaving the hotel, he had made some failed attempts at contacting anyone's cellphone. Someone approached him from behind, which caused him to turn in defense mode.

"You're Robin Wood, right?"

Robin glared at this character dressed all in black. He had a boyish look to him, but appeared harder than any guy he knew. A woman stood behind him. Pretty. She was also fully clad in black.

"And if I am?"

"My name's Riley. This is my wife, Sam. We know Buffy. We flew down here after hearing what happened. Do you know what happened?"

Robin was a little struck by this. He remembered now who this guy was. Buffy had mentioned him a few times. She mentioned how he was a part of the Initiative, some weird military demon hunting organization. Robin really didn't take it seriously. Not until now, noticing how serious this Riley guy actually seemed. "How did you know..."

"I know a lot more than you think," Riley told him.

"There were these tornado type things all over. It..."

"Yeah, I know all that. Sucked up everything from witches to hellbeasts. Seems only the non-magic types were left behind."

Robin's eyes bulged. Okay, that made sense. "So, what now?"

"Well, we find a nice quiet place for you to tell me what has been going on this past week. Starting with that fun battle you guys fought in last week."

Robin was a bit insulted being bossed around by this guy, but he needed allies, as much as he hated to admit it. The three of them found a small coffee shop a few blocks from the hotel. They sat in the back as Robin described, in full detail what has been going on.

"What? Is Buffy crazy?" Riley whispered loudly.

"Now, Riley. It's not fair to judge her. She's not here to defend herself," Sam said, stroking Riley's arm.

"I know, but at first when her and Spike were hooking up, it really grossed me out, but now she's in love with him. That's just wrong."

"I know. Believe me. I hate the guy," Robin said.

"Not as much as me, you can bet on that. The prick made moves for Buffy when I was with her. In front of me, no less!" Riley whined.

"He killed my mother," Robin said, coldly.

"Oh, sorry," Riley said, beaten.

Sam shook her head. "Can we move on to more important issues than 'who Buffy is in love with, and who hates Spike more'? We are in the middle of a crisis, and we need to find out where everyone went!"

Robin and Riley looked at each other and nodded. They each felt a twinge of embarrassment about their behavior. Robin filled them in on more of what had happened, and how most of them left after everything had settled down. Then he hadn't heard from anyone since.

"Okay, so we know that they must all be together. Or at least, I hope they are," Riley said.

"What about the senior partners? Do you think they might have something to do with it?" Robin was still stuck on that possibility.

"Maybe. Damn, this is pretty useless. We can't hit up any of the mystics for info. It leaves us with pretty much nothing."

Robin lowered his head. "Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of." Just then he heard a familiar voice.

"Principle Wood!" Dawn cried out.

Robin turned, smiling at how she still called him that. He hugged her and nodded at Gunn and Andrew who were approaching behind her.

"Any news? Anything?" Robin asked.

"Nothing. Riley found us a few hours ago, we asked him to meet you at the hotel. We kind of had to leave there. People came back and well, we're broke" Dawn told him.

"We're staying at my place for now. It's on the other side of the city." Gunn said

"OK, let's head off."