Giles sat by the fire with Clem, Illyria, and Lorne. They were engaged in a humorous conversation about Pierce Brosnan when the front door burst open. Giles was the first to stand and a smile crept on his face when he saw Willow and Kennedy. Another girl followed them in.

"Giles!" Willow cried, running to him. She threw her arms around his waist and rested her head to his chest. He patted the back of her head, letting himself give in to the affection.

"I am so glad to see you two."

Kennedy led the others into the living room. Lorne and Clem greeted them, smiling. Nora stood back and looked at them with a horrified expression. "What the.."

Kennedy turned to her, grinning. "It's okay. They're cool." She pulled Nora's arm, guiding her into the room. "Guys, this is Nora. She's Allora's daughter."

"Ah, welcome," Giles said.

"Allora is missing. We found her carriage toppled over on the road back east. We think she may have come here," Willow said.

"No, you are the first to arrive. What happened?"

"Don't know, really. My mom went up north to visit some friends. When she didn't return, we searched for her, only finding her carriage a wreck." Nora seemed edgy. Giles leaned in and placed a hand on her shoulder. She shuddered by the surprising affection.

"The gem. Is it…?

"We have it," Kennedy said. She looked at Willow who now was in possession of the item. Willow pulled it out of her bag and displayed it for Giles. When she opened it, the whole room seemed to glow green. Then the 'ooohs' and 'ahhhs' began.

"Magnificent," Giles said.

"Yeah, kinda matches my skin tone, don't you think?" Lorne joked.

Illyria entered the room, holding one of Lorne's drinks that she has grown so fondly of. She had a small buzz and even smiled at the crowd. Nora gasped, again unsure of what she was seeing. Illyria nodded at her then slumped down in a chair, realizing she was little more tipsy than she thought.

"Oh that's Ol' Blue eyes. She just can't get enough of my Sea Breezes with a little extra... , okay who am I kidding, a lot of extra vodka." Lorne joked.


After an hour of adventure rehashing, the door flew open again. Faith and Angel and surprisingly Oz.

"Wow, you all are really here," Oz said.

"Hey, Oz!" Willow smiled hard at her ex. She came in for a hug. He was ready and willing to hug her back. "This is wild. How did you get here?" Willow asked him.

Faith stepped up. "Seems anything that possessed some kind of mystical or supernatural mojo was kicked out here."

Giles took his glasses off to rub them. "Of course. All of us, being who we are, and demons being who they are…"

"Must be more out there. I mean, more familiar faces," Clem suggested.

Angel paced. Faith caught this and stepped next to him. "I'm sure he's fine. He's a fighter. Like his dad."

"That's what I'm afraid of."


The door of the cell opened. Issa turned her head to see a burly man accompanied by the head priest from before. She hit Xander to wake him up. He was fast asleep on the cushion next to Issa.

"Wha…" Xander opened his eyes slowly. Then they grew wide when he saw who was standing at the doorway. He quickly bounced to his feet and stood beside Issa. Harmony had woken too, from the excitement. She sat up, not bothering to stand.

"It seems you have been sent here by Wally Gretho. Is this true?" the priest asked.

Issa noticed Xander wasn't going to respond, so she stepped forward. "Yes. He asked us to…"

"Our apologies. We think very highly of the Gretho family."

Issa turned to an equally shocked Xander. "See," she whispered.

"Does this mean we get to go now?" Harmony whined.

Issa and Xander turned to her in unison. "Shut up," Xander shouted. He turned back to the priest. The priest was neither amused nor angry. He pulled something out of his cloak. It was his cup from the mass. The green gem in the center seemed to glow. "You need this, correct?"

"We really do," Issa replied.

"Then I will help you. I have a carriage ready. Let us go now."

Xander was confused. "Us?"

"I'm going with you. I was planning on paying a visit to old Wally, anyway. Now, being the opportune time."

Xander didn't know whether to laugh or cry. But either way, they were off the hook, and this priest was giving them the gem piece they needed. Supplying a carriage was the nicest thing he could have heard. No more walking.


Allora had fallen asleep again. Kinara had to make a pit stop at a town near Marno. There were a few things she needed to pick up. She asked Connor to stay with Allora while she was gone. The town was quiet, as it usually was. Not many people resided here. It was considered a dark and spooky sort of place, rumored to keep people who practiced evil things like witchcraft. Kinara knew it was all nonsense. Plus, this was the only town that carried certain items she needed and something told her she may need more than usual.

An elderly woman with barely any teeth left in her head approached Kinara. She was smiling wide, seeing the familiar woman. "Kinara, so nice to see you. The usual?"

Kinara bowed to her. "A bit more this time, Prana."

"Oh, Miss Kinara. No need to bow. I tell you that every time you come."

Kinara smiled and followed Prana into her small hut. The room was small and musky with just a small fire that lit the room. She sat as Prana filled a small bag with various herbs and stones. Prana had all sorts interesting things hanging on the interior walls. Chicken feet, garlic cloves, white crystals with string wrapped around them. To anyone other than Kinara, this place would resemble some sort of voodoo hut.

A small cup of tea was offered to her. Kinara accepted it, eagerly. She also enjoyed Prana's tea. This time she'll pay her for some leaves to bring back with her. "Thank you, Prana. You are too kind."

The two sat and talked until the tea was finished. Kinara stood and bowed once again for Prana which had her gently patting her to stand back up. "Please come back soon. I want to know how everything went."

Kinara agreed to do so and exited her hut. Connor waited outside the carriage eying Kinara strangely. "What?" Kinara asked him.

"Nothing," Connor replied, smirking. He took his place at the driving seat. Kinara joined Allora in the back of the carriage. She was still sleeping, peacefully. Kinara opened the bag Prana had given her and smiled.

"This will do."


His body rocked to and fro. Spike's stomach turned. With his head throbbing and the stench of strong cologne, he almost tossed his cookies. Slowly opening his eyes, he could barely make out a couple of blurry figures. "Buffy?"

Spike struggled to get the words out. His chest felt heavy, like something was pressing against it. When he moved his arm to bring it up, it was stuck. He tried the other arm, then panic enveloped him. Spike could feel the rope around his wrists now.

"Ah, she is not here, William. You're all mine," The Immortal sneered.

Wait. That voice. That sodding Italian accent. Spike forced his eyes to see more clearly. When they did, he could see The Immortal sitting next to him, smiling wide.

"What the fu.."

"Oh, such language. There is no need for that," The Immortal interrupted.

Spike wriggled in his seat, trying to get himself free from the rope. His rage was building and he knew it could be felt a mile away. He heard someone chuckle. Spike's head shot over to Jean. His smug look got under Spike's skin. His heart raced. All he could think about was Buffy. Where was she? Was she okay? And why was he in the back of a carriage with a these two wankers?

"Where's Buffy?"

The Immortal laughed. "Questions, William? You are in no position to be asking questions." Jean quickly joined him in the laughter.

Spike clenched his teeth. When he broke free, he was going to take pleasure in beating their heads in. His fiery eyes shot back at Jean.

"What is it then, mate? What do you want with me?"

"Justice," Jean told him.

"Jus... for what?"

The Immortal swung his fist into Spike's face. Spike's head shot back, making him see stars. He felt the warm blood trickle down to his lips.

"So, hero. How does it feel to be so vulnerable? Does it burn?" The Immortal let out a menacing laugh.

Spike knew this man was insane, he always has been. Cocky and insane. Spike is also aware of what he is capable of as well. He loves torture. But not just the bloodletting and beatings. He loved breaking a man. Tearing him apart, bit by bit. Violating him in every way possible and bringing him to his knees until he begged for death. Spike was sure this was the plan he had for him.

Bugger this!

"The only way you could get your greasy paws on me is when I'm tied up, huh? Big man you are..."

Spike was interrupted by another punch. This one causing more blood. "Silenzio!" The Immortal shouted. "Please, William. I do not want to keep hurting you. That will be Jean's job."

Spike's eyes focused on Jean. He saw the hate in this warlock's eyes. This man wanted Spike dead. For killing Drusilla, no doubt. What the hell did this ponce know anyway? "Can't handle it, can you?"

"Pardon?" Jean asked.

"Drusilla used you to get to me. She wanted me back in her world. If she succeeded, you would have been just another notch. How does that make you feel?"

Jean's face reddened. That was all Spike had to say to send him over the edge. He lifted his hand and recited a few words. Just then, a glowing ball of energy emerged from his palm. Jean threw it at Spike, pinning him to the back of the seat. Spike struggled to move, but was unable to.

"When this is all over, you are going to wish Drusilla turned you back. I will make you feel pain you have never imagined." Jean stared into Spike's eyes. Spike wasn't scared. He was mad. He really wanted these fools to just try it.

"Jean, please. We are almost there. Then you can have your way with him." The Immortal shot a playful look at Spike.

They traveled for another hour before reaching the edge of Marno. The sun was setting, and the scenery was beautiful. Spike watched the road from the window. He almost cried thinking about Buffy. He couldn't let a tear fall. Not one. Not in front of these bastards. But his heart cried. He hoped she was okay. He didn't care what happened to him. Just as long as she could get home safely.


Paul and Buffy made really good time. Buffy hoped by the speed they were going they would have passed The Immortal. No luck. She feared they went another way. Or maybe the whole 'see you in Marno' was a lie. What if he never planned to go there? What if he was going to take Spike far, far away? Buffy's heart pained for Spike. She tried hard not to imagine what he was going through or what The Immortal was going to do to him. This was really the straw that broke the camel's back. She was sick and tired of people she cared about being taken away from her. Spike has been taken from her twice, three times counting now.

Buffy let the wind blow away any evidence of her crying. She was impressed with Paul's determination. He drove those horses hastily, almost toppling the carriage over on turns. She prayed to whatever it was that has usually ignored her, that Spike was in Marno. Maybe the rest of the gang arrived safely and they rescued Spike in time. before The Immortal got his claws into him. Buffy was fully aware of what this Italian was capable of. She had heard all the stories about him from various people in Rome. People who steered clear of this man and his minions. He acted like he owned the world, and every woman in it. Buffy assumed that was what this was all about. The fact that she denied his advances must have really pricked his inflated ego. Now, he was going to stop at nothing to ruin her life.

Not if she can help it.

Her heard skipped a beat when she saw the 'Now Entering Marno' sign. Her eyes searched for his carriage. When they pulled up to the Gretho Inn, her stomach flipped. She really hoped everyone was okay. It seemed so quiet at first, but as soon as she approached the entrance, she heard them all inside.

"Buffy!" Faith called out when she saw the slayer barge into the Inn. All eyes turned to Buffy and Paul.

"Guys, has Spike come back?" Buffy asked, nervously rubbing her hands together.

Angel stood and walked to where Buffy stood. He met her eyes and saw how frantic she looked. "No, what happened?"

"The Immortal. He took Spike."

Willow approached them with a look of worry. "The Immortal? He's here?"

"We'll find him," Angel said.

"Angel. What if… I know what The Immortal is capable of." Buffy said, handing Willow the note the Immortal left for her.

The group had all closed in on her now. Paul stepped back to give them room. He smiled, sheepishly at the unfamiliar faces. "I'm Paul. I am Clark's son."

Wally came out from the living room with Gretta with a big smile. "Paul! I haven't seen you since you were yey big!" Wally said, holding his hand down to his thigh.

"Oh, uh, I ..."

"It's okay, son. I don't expect ya to remember. You were just a small lad back then. How is the old man these days?"

"He's fine. We're fine."

The vibe shifted when Buffy stormed out of the Inn. Angel, Faith, and Willow followed her. She had burst into tears. Willow approached her and grabbed Buffy's wrists. "Buffy, we'll find Spike. I'm going to see if I can muster up a locator spell."

Buffy walked a little and sat on the side of the road. Faith joined her, resting her hand on her Buffy's back. "Buffy, we'll find him. We always do."

Buffy turned to face Faith. "I know, it's just, we were having such a great time. Then I screwed it all up. I always do."

"Buffy, The Immortal taking Spike is not your fault."

"It kinda is. The Immortal has some weirdo obsession and now he's punishing Spike out of jealousy. Stupid high school jealousy!

Faith smirked. "Buffy, are you and Spike…"

Buffy turned to Faith again. "Yes…"

Just then another carriage pulled in. Buffy and Faith stood quickly. A burly man drove as it came to a stop. Xander came out first, helping Issa down. He quickly spotted Buffy and Faith and smiled wide for them. "Buff! Faith" he shouted. Buffy's face wrinkled when she saw Harmony exit the carriage with some odd looking priestly type man. Harmony stood outside as the priest entered the Inn. They could hear the loud greeting from Wally.

"Look who we picked up. Staking her was my first choice, but the woman was against it," Xander joked. He noticed Buffy's face remained the same. "It was a joke. Buffy?"

"The Immortal's here. He has Spike," Faith told them.

"Oh. Rescue mission, then? Must be Tuesday. Why do people always get kidnapped on Tuesdays?" Xander joked.

"We're on it. Willow's starting up a locator spell now." Faith said.

Xander watched Buffy walk away from them, obviously not enthused by his jokes. He approached her, cautiously. "I'm sorry Buffy. I'm sure he's..."

He was interrupted by a blast of energy that came down on them. All were knocked to the ground. Buffy tried to focus on the direction the blast came from. She saw a carriage approach in the distance. She could make out a figure driving it with one hand outstretched. Then another blast came their way.

"What the hell is that?" Xander shouted.

The carriage came to a stop. Sergio stepped down and opened the door for The Immortal and Jean. Buffy felt the air leave her body when she saw them throw a beaten Spike to the ground. She immediately ran to him. Sergio looked her way and blasted her again. Buffy flew a few yards back, sending her right into Harmony.

"Watch it!" Harmony shouted.

Buffy had fire in her eyes when she looked at Harmony. "Shut up or you'll be dust in the wind!"

Harmony frowned, rising off the ground. Buffy ran back only to be blasted again. The Immortal laughed at the scene. His face turned to the crowd exiting the Inn. He motioned to his driver. Sergio recited a spell which sent them flying back into the Inn. He held his other hand out forming a barrier between himself and Buffy. She watched closely as Jean dragged Spike to the other side of the road. There was no way to describe the way she felt right then. It was like every emotion she had ever felt at any given time was all mashed up into one big one. She noticed Spike struggle which meant he was awake.

"Spike!"

His head turned her way. Spike squinted to make her out. He didn't need to see her to know it was Buffy. "Buffy!" His voiced cracked. The Immortal strolled over to Spike and kicked him in the face.

"Leave him alone! What has he ever..." Buffy protested.

"You, Buffy have no idea what he has done to me in the past. If you only knew. You're sweet William has done far more than you can ever imagine."

"I know that has nothing to do with any of this. I know what you're all about. You're scum, Morty. Pure scum!"

The Immortal smirked. He bent down and lifted Spike's head off the ground. Buffy gasped at the amount of blood that was pouring out of him. He was badly hurt. "If you so much touch him again, I swear..."

Her words were cut short as The Immortal slammed his fist into Spike's jaw.

Buffy's eyes blurred with tears. She also felt like vomiting. She couldn't watch this. She couldn't see Spike so helpless like this. Buffy jumped when a hand grabbed her shoulder.

"Everyone is pinned against the wall in some sort of invisible hold. These guys are serious with the mojo, Buff," Xander said.

"Guys. He's going to kill Spike. Where's Willow?"

"The wall. Pinned against it. Like I said. She's unconscious. "

Buffy turned back to The Immortal. He was watching them closely, not able to hear what they were discussing. "So, Slayer. I will say this. Spike will live, if you come back with me tonight. No questions asked. What do you say?"

Her entire emotional state went from pain to anger. This was the end of The Immortal in her eyes. Nobody gives her an ultimatum like that. Ever.

"Not that easy. I have a better one for you. I kill you and your pathetic friends and Spike is free from your slimy hands. Does that work for ya, cus if it doesn't, oh well!"

Buffy raced over to him. Sergio's eyes grew wide as he attempted to cast a spell to throw her back. A strong energy ball blasted Buffy clear across the street. The Immortal looked over at Jean. "Take him!"

Jean grabbed Spike's arms and dragged him towards the Inn. His mind thinking of all the wonderful and awful things he was going to do him. He couldn't wait to get his revenge on this disgusting being. Spike coughed up blood as his chest hit the pavement. He could barely get his bearings together. All he felt was the rough dirt scraping against his skin as he was being dragged. He tried to talk, but only incoherent sounds came out. Spike heard someone yelling from the distance. He knew he heard Buffy.

Jean dropped Spike on the wood floor. Everyone gasped. Faith struggled against the strong hold Sergio's magic had on them, but it was in vain. They were all trapped, pinned against the wall with some greenish glowing energy around them. Faith eyed Angel who looked like he was about to explode. His eyes glued on Spike's bloody body lying on the floor. He noticed some blood oozing onto the wood floor. Angel's fury built when he noticed The Immortal come inside with his driver.

"Angelus, I'm so glad you're here to witness this," The Immortal said.

Just then Buffy ran in but was blocked by some invisible force. Xander stood next to her, immediately taking notice of Spike on the floor. "Oh God," Xander said.

"Can't get in, my love. You can't save your evil lover now," The Immortal sneered.

The Immortal bent down and leaned in to Spike, whispering in his ear. "Revenge is sweet, isn't it?"

"Sod off," Spike choked.

The Immortal stood and kicked Spike again, this time in the chest. Spike cried out in pain. The Immortal turned to Buffy. "You still have a choice, Buffy. Although I can't understand why you even care about this filth."

Buffy felt her body heat up with rage. Her eyes even felt hot. "I'm never, ever going to want to be with you. Just end this!"

"You are a humorous girl, Buffy. Sorry to disappoint you. I do not take orders from women."

Jean laughed. He propped Spike against the wall opposite everyone and waved his hands in front of his Spike's face. "Come, come William. Open your eyes."

Spike's eyes cracked open. His vision blurred. He saw everyone pinned to the wall and Buffy outside the door. His head was still woozy, but he managed to crack a very small smile. "Tosser!" he said to Jean.

Jean waved his hands, reciting a spell. Suddenly large gashes sliced across Spike's now bare chest. Spike hollered, as his head rolled back. "You do not get to speak, William," Jean shouted.

The Immortal laughed, clapping his hands. "This is so much fun. Now, let me tell you why. This piece of dirt hurt my sister and killed her 16 year old daughter. Would you like me to tell you how?"

"He killed my Drusilla, another reason he doesn't deserve to live another minute." Jean sent another blast of energy Spike's way, causing Spike's entire body to slam against the wall. The small pouch which held the ring fell out of his pocket and onto the floor. The Immortal motioned for Sergio to retrieve it and hand it to him.

"Ah what's this?" The Immortal teased as he opened it. He pulled out the engagement ring and sneered. "Are you serious, William? Do you honestly think the slayer would marry you?"

Buffy's mouth gaped. She looked over at Spike who now held his head down. She saw his lips move but couldn't make out what he was saying. Her attention went to the rest of her friends who were pinned against the wall. They were all staring at Spike, in shock as well.

The Immortal smirked as he walked back over to Jean and Spike. Jean nodded and sent a blast, hitting Spike. Spike's body flew up into the air and crashed back on to the floor. The Immortal laughed, kicking Spike over and over causing his body to roll across the floor.

"Give it up, Morty. This isn't going to solve anything. I was there with Spike that night. So, why not take revenge out on me, too?" Angel shouted. He saw the shock on The Immortal's face.

"Glad to," The Immortal said.

Sergio held his hands upwards, attempting to hold the strong barrier he had on everyone. He released it for a second so the The Immortal could grab Angel. Angel fell free and immediately charged him. The Immortal chuckled as he felt Angel's fist hit his jaw. Sergio then blasted Angel with energy ball, sending him flying into the wall next to Spike. Angel shook off the pain. His eyes widened when he saw his son standing at the doorway.

Someone from behind Connor yelled "Seja ido!" Suddenly The Immortal, Jean, and Sergio were sent flying, crashing through the wall to the next room. Kinara stood next to Allora and Connor with her hands out in front of her.

"There, that's better," Kinara said.