Author's Chapter Notes:
This is the epilogue and little snippet of what to expect in the conclusion of this series. Thanks for reading!
Six months later




Westbury, England.

“Dawn, Antoine is here!” Buffy yelled out. Antoine entered the foyer, bearing Christmas gifts. Buffy smiled at him. “You can put them under the tree. We’re opening presents after dinner.” Buffy said, taking his coat. Antoine gladly joined Lorne, Connor, and Oz in the living room. They were drinking egg nog, laughing at the ridiculous lyrics to ‘Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer.’

“It’s funny. To get kids to believe in Santa by telling them that their grandma just got trampled by a bunch of reindeer,” Oz joked.

“Tell me about it. And I thought Thorka demons wrote some pretty scary songs...” Lorne said.

Antoine just looked on confused.

Buffy smiled at the scene, then made her way towards the kitchen. Willow, Andrew, Kennedy, and Giles were busy preparing a delicious Christmas feast full of turkey, ham, yams, peas, and a chock full of bread pudding.

“You see, if you stir this just enough, Andrew, it becomes thicker. It’s all in the wrist.” Giles said to Andrew.

Andrew nodded, keeping his eyes locked on his wrist as he stirred the gravy. Giles nodded at Andrew’s success and turned to Buffy.

“Almost ready. Is the table set?”

“Yup, all ready!” Buffy replied. “Do you guys need help?”

“No, go be the host. We’re fine,” Willow told her.

Buffy grinned and turned. She walked through the large dining room, making sure all the place settings were in it’s...place. Dawn came running down the stairs, holding a few boxes. She smiled at her sister. “Hey Buff, smells great down here!”

Buffy smiled back, looking around the room for more candles to set on the table. “I know we had more candles...”

Dawn shrugged then joined her boyfriend near the fireplace. She sneaked a cup of egg nog, sheepishly smiling at Lorne. Buffy followed her, casually taking the cup out of Dawn’s hand. “I don’t think so, you can have the nonalcoholic one over there,” Buffy said, motioning for the other untouched punch bowl. Dawn grunted. Buffy turned and began to rummage through the cabinet drawers for more candles. Nothing. Then she remembered she had some on her room.

Buffy walked up the stairs, coming to her and Spike’s room. The door was closed. Buffy slowly opened it, spotting Spike dressing himself in a nice pair of dark brown slacks and a fitted white button down shirt.

He met her gaze and smiled. “Never really had much use for these things. I almost forgot how to put one on!” Spike fumbled with the tie he had around his neck.

Buffy smiled, glad to assist him. She fastened it, slowly bringing her hands to his face. “You look gorgeous,” she said, smiling.

Spike leaned in and planted a kiss on her lips. “You’re the one who’s gorgeous, pet.”

She kissed him back, harder. Buffy’s fingers playfully pulled his now light brown hair. He let all the platinum grow out, then let Andrew give him a hair cut. He kept it long enough to show off his curls, which Buffy insisted he do. He ran his hands down her back, then brought them back up to her belly.

“You are showing a lot now, you know.” Spike told her, looking at her pregnant bump.

“Well, I am almost 7 months now.”

“Already? Wow. Times flies.” Spike said then kissed her forehead. “Looking for something?”

“Yeah, candles. I know we have some up here.”

“Top drawer, luv,” he told her, smiling. Then he turned and went downstairs.

Buffy searched the drawer. “Voila!”


Downstairs, Dawn, Oz, and, Lorne were cheerfully singing along to ‘Jingle Bell Rock’. Buffy laughed, walking back over the the dining room, placing the candles in their holders and lighting them. She glanced back over to the gang in the living room, making with the merry. Dawn and Antoine were holding hands, rocking back and forth as she sang. Spike was sitting on the floor, playing with the chocolate lab puppy he gave Buffy. Riley and Sam were on the floor next to Spike, taunting the puppy with a squeaky toy. The puppy was yapping and pouncing back and forth between them. That was a sight. Spike and Riley getting along. Buffy knew they would if they tried.

Xander and Issa stood arm on arm, smiling at the sight. Illyria just stared amazingly at the blinking lights on the Christmas tree, never even blinking but obviously tipsy from the egg nog..

Connor joined in her the glare, looking back and forth at her and the tree. "Pretty, huh?" he asked her.

Illyria cocked her head then turned to him. "Pretty."

Robin and Faith were making out on the sofa near the fireplace. Seems that’s all they ever did. Angel and Gunn were already making their way to the dining table.

“Soups on!” Andrew announced. “Well, more like salad. Saying ‘salad’s on’ just doesn’t have that same umf.”

They made their way to their seats. Giles sat at the head, motioning for everyone to start serving themselves. Buffy watched everyone quickly make their plates. Dawn hit Andrew’s spoon away as they each dove into the salad. After a few minutes of inhaling their greens, Willow and Kennedy came out with the turkey and sides. Andrew ran back into the kitchen and proudly brought out the gravy bowl. Everything looked and smelled delicious, they all couldn't wait to dig in. Lorne sat, rubbing his hands together before piling the turkey onto his plate. Faith and Robin served each other, kissing in between. Angel watched, sipping on his mug of blood. Illyria sat next to him, watching the spectacle with great curiously.

Giles held up a glass of wine. “To us!”

“To us!” they all said back, then taking a sip of his or her drink. Buffy took Spike’s hand and looked into his eyes. He lifted her hand, bringing her palm to his lips. He gently kissed it, smiling at her. Buffy grinned, turning her gaze to the group. Everyone was lost in their food, eating like they have been starved for days.


Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas filled the room. Buffy felt the warmth inside. Her heart felt full. It felt complete for the first time in her entire life. There was no more emptiness. No more fear. This, right here, is what they all fought for. This moment, together. It was all so perfect. They were family. This is the way it should be.

Forever.