Dawn slowly exited the limo after seeing the vortex close. The grounds were a mess with debris everywhere and some articles of clothing. She couldn't get the image of her sister disappearing into that portal. Still, she felt the need to search the grounds, hoping it didn't really happen. She hoped her sister would be here, somewhere. She eyed Gunn who was making his way back to the mansion. Dawn and Andrew following wearily.

"Is that such a good idea?" Dawn asked him.

"I saw Magic Dude and Armani get sucked into the portal so my guess, this place is empty. I say we look around for clues." Gunn said, referring to Jean and the Immortal.

"Dawn's right, is this such a good idea?" Andrew whined.

Gunn turned back at them and extended his hand outwards. "Why don't you two wait here, I'll be right back."

Andrew and Dawn agreed and they both leaned against the limo, watching Gunn disappear into the mansion.

"I wouldn't go in there, too much weird magic stuff." Dawn whined.

"Totally, girlfriend." Andrew said, awkwardly.

Dawn rolled her eyes. "I just hope Buffy is okay."

Inside, Gunn searched each room, seeing nothing of importance. He came upon the room where Angel must have had his fight, there was still blood on the tiles and a broken sword. He walked over some rubble into a darker room with broken glass on the floor. He spotted a book lying on the ground, open. He reached for it and shrugged at the words he didn't understand. He figured it might be useful, so he held onto it as he searched the other room. The entire place seemed really dark and it appeared that every turn led to the same room. He knew that was just how it was designed, to confuse the hell of him and make him to feel like he had been going in circles. He figured this was Jean's intent in the first place. Gunn made his way back to the limo. There, Dawn and Andrew were arguing.

"The idea of I-spy is to choose something you actually see. You can't use 'portal' cus it's not even there anymore!" Andrew whined.

"Ugh, whatever." Dawn smiled at Gunn. "Yay, Gunn. Thank God you came back."

Gunn handed Dawn the book. "I found this. I don't understand anything in it, but..."

Andrew intercepted the book and opened it, eyes widening. "This is a spell book. In Latin"

Gunn and Dawn shrugged it off. Dawn entered the limo and Andrew bent over and peered at her through the open door. "Here, this one, the page is dog eared and it's a spell for banishing magic." Andrew informed them.

"Hm" Dawn and Gunn said in unison.

Gunn drove them back to the hotel, in hopes it will still in one piece and others would be there. As he neared it, he saw people walking around, calm and normal. It was a good sign to him, so he sank back a little in the driver's seat, more relaxed. They reached the front and before he even came to a full stop, Dawn was opening the car door.

She ran inside, first. The hotel was still empty, but the electricity was still on. She searched for any sign of life, but it was really quiet inside and definitely deserted. Dawn insisted on checking their rooms. After searching each one and finding nothing, she became even more discouraged. She exited the elevator with a heavier heart than before.

"No one is here. They're all gone." Dawn whined.

Gunn made his way over to the concierge. Realizing he didn't have anyone's phone numbers, he turned to Dawn.

"Hey, do you have Robin's number?"

Dawn searched for her cell phone and sighed when she saw that it was dead. "ugh, do you have a charger?"

"216-555-0413" Andrew blurted. He saw the look of surprise on Gunn and Dawn's face. "What? I had to memorize all the watchers and trainers phone numbers. Giles made me..."


The sound of Robin's phone jolted him out of his shock at seeing Vi and Rona get sucked into some portal thing. They had just returned from their trip to Los Angeles and all three figured some nice relaxation time was in need. Why would he assume that could ever happen in their life? His first thought was to call Faith but he was in a state of confusion. After he searched the entire property for anything voodoo, cursey looking, he found himself sitting on his couch, lost in thought. That is, until his phone ringing just now. In a dazed state, he answered it. "Wood."

"Robin, it's Gunn. I am here a the hotel with Dawn and Andrew..."

"Oh, good you guys didn't get sucked into it either." Robin replied.

"Yea, so there too?" Gunn asked him.

"Vi and Rona, sucked into it. Is Faith?"

"Pretty much our gang here got sucked into it as well, except for myself, Dawn, and Andrew."

"Do you know what it was?"

"No, but I am beginning to smell a rat." Gunn eyed the book Andrew held. He motioned for him to hand it over. "I found a book in the mansion of Jean Trevaud. He did some mojo on Spike..."

"Jean who? What happened?"

"Long story, the Immortal..."

"That guy from Italy?" Robin interrupted.

"Yea, like I said, long story. Anyway, this book, belonged to Jean, I think. Andrew said there was a spell in it, to banish magic. Do you think it may have something to do with it?" Gunn asked Robin.

Dawn let out a growl. "Guys, I'm not getting a response from the coven in England. Nothing," she said, sitting in front of the laptop.

"It may be connected. I don't know much about magic, so we may have to look into it further." Robin told him. "I am going to book a flight to L.A., I think we should group up, you know, just in case..."

"Good idea" Gunn replied.

Andrew hopped behind Dawn to read over her shoulder. She gave a annoyed shrug without looking up from the computer. "What, Andrew?" she asked him.

"Nothing, I was just wondering whatcha doin," he told her.

"Trying to get a hold of anyone out there. To see... It's weird, like everyone just disappeared. Except us."

Gunn approached them and stood above Dawn with a look of worry. "It happened in Cleveland, as well. Gunn said Vi and Rona were... pulled in, but not him."

This made them all eye each other. Dawn spotted Lorne's car outside. She shivered. It had to be some sort of spell but the book wasn't helping as much as they thought it could.

Andrew broke the short moment of silence. "Here, in the spell, it says something about banishing all magic and magically inclined... that might explain..."

Dawn closed the laptop. "So, anyone with some sort of magic inside them would be banished?"

"I guess." Andrew answered her, still unsure if that was indeed what the spell did.

"But I saw Xander go in. He isn't..." Dawn said.

"And you're a key, why didn't..." Andrew asked.

"Was a key. After... I am just a normal girl now, Andrew." Dawn reminded him.

Gunn stepped in between them. "Okay, so none of us are mojo peeps. I can't figure out why Xander went in, unless he was just too close to it..."

Dawn flailed her arms. "He was hanging onto Issa. He's super strong. He must have been accidentally sucked in!" Dawn interrupted.

"But I can summon demons, and read Latin, why wasn't I?" Andrew whined, now wondering why he was left out.

"Really, Andrew? You want to be in there? And besides, doing magic isn't really the same as being magic, you know?" Dawn told him. " I just wonder what kind of place they got pulled into. I hope it's not a bad hell dimension."

"Or that shrimp one. Booooooring." Andrew looked at Gunn and Dawn who were eyeing him with raised brows. "Or so I heard..."