FROM TWO, TO THREE, TO FOUR (Sequel to “ CHANGE OF MIND, CHANGE OF LIFE”)
Author: Lu
Main Characters: Spike/Buffy and…
Disclaimer: I know these characters don’t belong to me
Thanks to: Maribel and Jill for their precious help! And also thanks to Weaver for this part!
Anyway, Sorry for mistakes...

Feedback: I’d like it
Summary: the title says everything. I can’t tell properly what kind of FF is… it’s as dark in some parts as it’s fluffy in some others. Besides, it’s an AU, so .. get yourself ready for very alternative events! Oh, I almost forgot: I’m not very good in the big fights scenes… so, sorry! ;)

PART 1

“ Tell me it again!” Buffy exclaimed, enjoying the wind coming from the rolled up window of the black Desoto that shot along the road.
“ But sweetie, it would be the fiftieth time…” the owner of the car protested, determined to cross with the red semaphore, because there was no chance of their dying in a car crash!
Quite the contrary, that taste of the risk, did nothing but increase their adrenaline.
“ I know, Spike, but I like so much hearing about the first Slayer you killed! I all of your adventures, and you have so many of them…”
“ Of course, pet, I’ve been a member of the ‘ Night time Lovers ‘ Club for more than a bloody century! Although you’ve been subscribed for just three months, we already had a good time full of fun in your town, remember?” he said, turning at a crossroad without even bothering to shift down, making the wheels screech.
But his dangerous and irresponsible driving was on the top ten of the endless list of what Buffy adored about Spike.
“ Sure, that’s what I call a revenge!” she smiled.
“ Yeah, especially when you burnt your former school, I couldn’t have done better myself!” he congratulated.
“ I’ve simply finished the job I had begun a long time ago…”
“ Uh?”
“ I had burnt the Gym, in order to defeat some vampires, but the Principal wasn’t very happy about it, and he expelled me! So, from now on, he can expel no one from it, for two reasons: the school doesn’t exist anymore… and, of course.. he’s dead!” she laughed, contaminating him, too.
“ Speaking of your town… still wonder why you haven’t kill your mother…” he observed, thoughtfully.
“ Well, you saw her when we paid her a visit; you saw how pathetic her life is, if I had killed her, I would have just done her a favor, believe me! By the way, the face she made when she saw you coming out from her bedroom was priceless! And your words: ‘ I’ve just met your man… an exquisite person! ‘, so funny! I wonder how she reacted when she got back in her room… Poor man, I’m sure they barely knew each other, they had just got blind drunk and ended up in her bed, as she always does.. He has just found himself in the wrong place at the wrong time!” and they both ended up laughing again.

“ Well, our road trip is done…” he commented, once they reached their destination.
“ So, kitten, ready to party?” he asked her rhetorically, turning off the car and dragging her to him for a rude kiss.
“ Mm.. sure! I’m sooo in the mood for a riot …” she smiled, straddling him.
“ Anyway, I was wondering if you are in the mood for… another kind of stuff, first…” she whispered, nibbling his ear, while she was taking his duster off.
His only answer, Spike reclined the seat.

After about an hour, they got out from the car and Spike took a look around, sighing contently.
“ Oh, my beloved U.K., I missed you so much!” he exclaimed, with a melancholic look.
“ What can I say, pet? I’m a sentimental guy!” he justified, smiling to Buffy.
“ And now, let’s get to our slaughter!” he added, linking arms with her.
“ One thing I really like’ bout the Watchers is that only their meetings are private, not the place!” the blond laughed as they got in the building.
At the entrance, they found a woman, who stopped them.
“ I’m sorry, but it’s a private meeting, you can’t get in!” she informed them.
Buffy looked at her annoyed, and Spike approached her, covering her mouth as the woman watched him with pure terror in her eyes.
“ Fresh news, my dear; we’re going to meet them. Here’s my business card!” he exclaimed, snapping her neck in a quick move, and throwing the dead body on the floor.
“ Spike! You have just killed a poor innocent woman, who didn’t do anything to you… So, Mr. Gentleman, where are your good manners?” Buffy blamed him, crossing her arms.
He looked at her, tilting his head to one side, not figuring out what it was happening.

< Since when is she bothered by a kill? >

“ Why haven’t you asked me if I wanted to do it, first?” she snorted, rolling her eyes. He smiled.
“ Sorry, pet! Anyway, there’s plenty of people to kill here, and she wasn’t much fun, believe me!” he confessed and she stopped pouting.
Meanwhile, their minions reached them, ready to intervene.
They stood in front of the Main Room, where the Watchers were having the meeting.
Although the whole room was sound proofed, due to their supernatural hearing, the two blondes could hear all the conversation. And the topic one of the Watchers was dealing with was nonetheless Spike.

-- William the Bloody had been seen in Sunnydale few months ago; so he’s back and it also seems that he’s no longer alone… there are some rumors his partner is vicious and wicked and dangerous just like him…--

On the other side, Buffy smiled to Spike.
“ They are talking about me, too, filling me with compliments! They are so nice… maybe I won’t kill them…” she commented, and Spike watched her in disbelief, so she chuckled.
“ Hun, I was just kidding: we are gonna kill them all!”

-- … He left the town again, so I wonder where he might be… --

As the man spoke, the door fell down, making the whole crowd jump.
“ Closer than you can ever guess!” Spike exclaimed, showing the fangs, making his entrance with Buffy, escorted by their gang, which immobilized all of them.
“ Listen, everyone: be quiet and no one will be hurt…” the blond warned them, bursting out laughing evilly.
“ Who am I kidding? Scream, run, fight, be panic-stricken, and do whatever you bloody want; for you it’s over anyway!”
One of the Watchers pointed at Buffy, trembling.
“ Th… The Sl.. Slayer?! But .. you.. you were dead!” he stuttered, in disbelief.
“ Correction, dear: * Former * Slayer…” she smiled, going towards him.
“ … and please, I would prefer un-dead!” she kept talking, confining herself just to show her game face.
Spike had taught her to play with their preys, instead of attacking them immediately, and she seemed to have learnt the lesson perfectly.
In fact, no one had made a move yet: the Watchers were surrounded by Spike and Buffy ’s minions, and the two carried on turning around them, from opposite sides.
The unlucky people, caught off guard, couldn’t escape and had just few weapons at their disposal: few stakes and a couple of crossbows.
One of the watchers, the one who had recognized Buffy, set him free from the minion’s grip and, maybe driven by despair, grabbed a crossbow from the table, determined to hit Spike, but before he could pull the trigger, Buffy sent him to the floor with a vicious kick in his stomach, which made him slip the weapon.
She was the quickest to take it, aiming it to him.
“ Tsk, tsk, bad move! If you like it so much… here, have a taste of your own medicine!” she said, shooting an arrow to his heart.
“ So, who’s the next?” the blonde wondered.

That started a no holds barred fight, where everyone struggled for his existence.
After eliminating four or five people, Spike rushed to his main target: Quentin Travers, the boss of the Council, which, taking advantage of the mess, had tried to escape, uselessly.
In fact, the peroxide blond caught him by the throat, raising him.
“ So, did you want to leave right in the middle of my Party? I’m heart-broken!” he commented sarcastically, tightening his grip, almost suffocating him, but he didn’t wanna do it.
He slackened his grip, putting the man on the ground, but with a punch he smashed him against the wall.
“ Ah, Quentin, Quentin, when will you learn to mind your bloody business? Would you like if I kept a diary with every slightest detail of your whole life? But for you it’s not a problem…” he informed him, pressing him against the wall, with a sadistic smile.
“… your life is gonna end… more or less.. NOW!” he said, biting and draining him.
Spike noticed that Buffy had sunk her fangs into the neck of one of the last victims left: there were few piles of dust, maybe of some fledglings, and lots of corpses and dying people.
“ Well, I guess the party is over!” Buffy commented, throwing to the ground her ‘ snack ‘.
By then, they were the only two people left in the building, their minions had already run away, scared by the coming sunrise.
“ C’mon, my Queen, let’s go home!” he exclaimed, wrapping an arm around her waist and departing with her.
“ Oh, Spiiiiiike, it was a wonderful night, and there’s only a way to end it properly…” she smiled lasciviously, pushing him against the car door of the Desoto, clinging to him and putting a hand into his pants.
“ Oh, baby, bloody good! So, haven’t I satisfied you enough before? You seemed..” but she interrupted him, drawing out from his pocket what she was looking for, and parting from him.
“ Let me drive!” she exclaimed, waving the car-key in front of him.
He smiled.
“ Pet, you know I love you and I can’t deny anything to you, but …NO WAY!” he said, snatching the key from her hands, and putting him at the wheel.
“ You are evil!” she pouted, getting in on the other side.
“ Always, luv!” he sneered, setting the car in motion and shooting along the road.
-------------------------------------
A WEEK LATER (New York)

Buffy dashed into the bedroom of their new mansion.
Finding her Mate still asleep, she jumped on him, shaking him.
“ Spikey, Spikey! Rise and shine, my slacker, I’ve got big news!”
Just the time to finish her sentence, and she found herself with her back pinned on the cold floor and Spike straddling her, tightening his grasp on her wrists and growling against her, even if playfully.
“ What did you dare to call me, luv?” but the violent kiss that followed (showing her that he was anything but a slacker!) prevented Buffy from answering for a long time.
“ Hun, it’s not time to play the battle!” she smiled, setting her free from his grip.
“ You can’t imagine what I’ve found out!” she exclaimed mysteriously, leaving the room.
“ Well, enlighten me!” he struck back, following her to what seemed to be a study: there was a large desk and a shelf of books, mostly about magic, a subject that intrigued Spike.
Buffy sat at the table, where there was an odd book open, on the top.
“ When we had had that Party with the Watchers…” she exclaimed, smiling at the memory.
“… during the mess, I took a souvenir from that place: their Diary! And it’s kinda interesting… it talks about your Sire, you know?” she explained, and he sat close to her, more and more engrossed.
“ It describes the curse, but also the way to take it off…”
Spike lost his initial enthusiasm, hearing those words.
“ So, it’s only that? The way to take off his soul? Luv, I already knew ‘bout the happiness’ clause… and if what makes me happy makes him happy, too… NO BLOODY WAY!” he growled, pulling him to her, possessively.
“ So, you already knew…” she commented, upset.
“… and I guess you know the other way, too..”
“ Other way?” the vampire repeated, curious.
“ Yeah… there’s a ritual, something involving the blood of a Gypsy from the same descending line of the one who cursed Angelus… plus some mystic ingredients… I had no idea they could exist… it seems pretty impossible…” the vampiress explained, giving him the Diary.
After reading it, he burst out laughing.
“ Sweetie, it’s a piece of cake! I know where to find all we need, and the chanting is pretty easy: it’s Ancient Greek, and I was brilliant in the Classic Studies at school..” he smiled, remembering his human life.
“ There’s only one problem: how can we find a Gypsy ’s descendent?”
This time she was the one who laughed.
“ Honey, nothing easier…” she commented, drawing a sheet of paper from the Diary.
“ Our dear Watchers have thought ‘bout making a list of all the descendents scattered everywhere, in order to protect them, I suppose…Anyway, you know what? One of them lives in the nearby…” she kept talking, showing him the sheet.
“ …and I guess he’ll still live for few hours, am I right, my love?” she said with a smile, as evil as her Sire’s.
“ Have I ever told you that I. Love. You, pet?” he said, kissing her with all the passion he was capable of.
“ Mm.. more or less as much as I told you, which means only five or six… million times!” she laughed, kissing him the same way.
Spike lifted her up, laying her under him on the desk, throwing to the ground the books.
“ I guess that lucky Gypsy can wait a couple of hours, before dying…”

TBC