Author's Chapter Notes:
I do not own any of the characters
Buffy Summers had every life that a girl could want. Money, friends, looks, everything that someone could wish for. She lived in the best place a girl could ask for. She had a dad and mom who would do anything for her. But that's just what people saw on the inside. They didn't know what it was like to live in her home and her mom and dad always fought. She always thought it was because of her. But it wasn't.

March 18, Buffy Summers walked into school with her friends. She had been gone a lot over the spring break. She and her parents decided to take a so called family trip to Europe. That was the last think that she wanted. She was just happy to be home. Walking to their lockers her friend Spike spoke up, "So, love how was the trip? You cant tell me that you had a bad time the whole time you where there. I mean mummy and daddy gave you everything you want. So why so glum?" He said with a smirk. Spike wasn't always the smartest of the group. He had put your foot in your mouth disease. Buffy just looked at her friends and narrowed her eyes at him, "Listen, Spike you are a great friend and I love you guys to death but just because I have money and everything doesn't mean everything is perfect okay?" She snapped.

Willow looked at Spike and Xander, "You guys I know that I shouldn't say anything but you should know. Her mom and dad don't get a long all that well..And Buffy called me over the summer. He mom and dad are divorcing. They fight to much and they feel that that its not fair to Buffy." After finishing she looked at her friends reactions. Cander then spoke up, "You mean...The Buffster may not be staying here? She can't leave. Did she say why they are divorcing?" He looked at her and then at Spike, " I don't know shit man. She hasn't even said two word to me since she got back. Except snapping at me." The three of them walked off to go find her and head to class. The only one that knew what was also bothering Buffy was Willow.

Sitting in class with her head in her hands, Buffy sat there wondering what she was gonna do. Her dad cheated on her mom. He cheated and didn't want to even try and work things out. Maybe if she had been a better daughter things would have worked out better. She closed her eyes to stop the tears. She loved him so much. More than a friend and she wanted to tell him. Why would it matter anyway? She would be moving away anyway and he could forget about her.

Walking into the classroom and seeing his best friend upset made Spikes heartache for her. He took his seat beside her and looked her in the eyes and gave a small sympathy smile letting her know that he was still here, "I'm here pet. Anytime you need someone to talk to. You where right. I don't know what you are dealing with but I want you to know I want to try." He looked at her and saw that the once happy women he knew was no longer there. Just sadness and pain. But also something else. He sighed, "When do you have to go love?" She sighed and looked up at him. Shaking her head, "I leave in two day. Look I need to talk to you about something. So can we meet at your place around 7?" She asked softly. Spike looked at her and gave a small smile, "Yeah sounds good, love." He turned when the teacher said class was about to start.

The day went in a blur for the four friends. They none wanted her to leave because then there wouldn't be anymore scooby gang. As they all hugged and said their goodbyes for that day Buffy told them she was leaving in two days, "How about we throw you a party tomorrow then, Buffster?" Xander asked his friend since 2nd grade. She smiled and nodded, "OKay it sounds like a plan. See you guys then." She hugged them all goodbye and headed home. Walking into her house hearing fighting she let the tears fall and went to her room. She changed into a black halter and a pare of red leather pants. She was gonna tell Spike tonight how she truly felt. Walking down the steps she went to the kitchen to see her mom crying, "Its really happening huh mom? Im moving with you. I can't look at him the same..." She whispered softly. Her mom hugged her and they ate. Buffy then left and walked down to Spikes. Taking a deep breathe she knocked on the door.

Spike had showered and now had on a black t-shirt and a red button down shirt. A pare of black jeans and his hair slicked back. He never put much effort onto hos wardrobe. But this was Buffy and he wanted to look nice. He still hated that they would be split up. She was the best friend he never had. Waking to the door he opened it up and smirked, "Hey love you look nice. Come in." She smiled and walked in, "So don't you." She walked in and they sat down and got drinks. After talking about the past and laughing for a good hour, Spike got serious and smiled, "So, pet what was it you had to talk to me about?" Buffy's smile faded and she looked down. She took a deep breath. How was she going to do this. She looked up at him and stood up pacing the floor, "Okay lets see. You know I care about you and would do anythind for you. You have always been my shoulder to cry on and always my rock. And I realized that I just don't care for you as a friend anymore....Im In love with you." She whispered and looked over at him.

Spike couldn't think. One minute he was watching he pace the floor with a smile on his face and now here he was in shock. She just told him she was in love with him. He didn't know what to say. He just looked at her dumb founded. Several things ran through his mind. They where friends. Best friends. They couldn't be more. He always thought about her. He looked at her and wanted to speak but couldn't. Those big green eyes looked at him and tears fell, "Im sorry. I shouldn't have said that..I have to go. Goodbye." She turned and ran out of the house to Willows. She sat on the bed and cried, "I told him and he looked at me stupid! Im so STUPID!!" Willow held her best friend, "NO! Sweetie you fell in love. That's all. You fell love."

Spike tried calling her but her cell phone was off. He didn't know what to do. He called Xander and told him that he couldn't make it to the party tomorrow and then he hung up. Sitting there thinking of the old days.