Harajuku Girls


Chapter 1: Long Awaited Arrival



"Tell me again why we're doing this?" Spike never liked flying over open water, or anywhere for that matter.

"Because Spike, Giles said he had a lead on a girl in Japan who may be in trouble." Buffy knew she seemed annoyed for some reason, but wasn't sure why.

"That it? Aren't there people there that can help her? Like the police, friends, family, or a fairy bloody godmother?"

"Umm, no. More like supernatural trouble. She gets visions, and lately they've been pretty gruesome. Sounds like some new Big Bad to me. But I don't know. Giles didn't have a lot of info."

"Really? Thought Giles would be all over that. Mr. Research Man. Figures, with his old age. I'd be expecting him to slow down sooner or later. As a matter of fact, I thought I-."

Spike stopped talking when he noticed Buffy wasn't listening. She hadn't been looking too good the last few days, and Spike was worried about her.

"Is everything alright, luv?"

“What? Oh, yeah I'm just really tired. I haven't been sleeping too well. I've been pretty busy."

"Ya know Buffy, it'll be a while before we land. If you want to sleep I'll understand."

Buffy started to protest, but kept quiet, deciding it wasn't worth it.

After requesting a pillow and blanket from the flight attendant, Buffy tried desperately to get comfortable. She was tossing and turning for what seemed like forever. Spike tried not to notice, but he just couldn't bear to watch any longer.

"Oh, bloody hell Buffy," he sighed. "You can lay down and rest on me if you'd like."

"Really?" Buffy’s relief was obvious in her voice.

"If it will bloody well stop you from squirmin' in your seat for two seconds."

At first Buffy was hesitant, but she soon found her head lying on Spike’s shoulder. Though she had feelings for Spike, being so close to him made Buffy feel awkward. But she liked the way his cool skin felt on her cheek and before long she was so calm and at ease that she fell asleep within a matter of minutes.

Buffy was practically breathing down Spike’s neck, but he wasn’t complaining. He loved it, but was a gentleman and didn’t show it. He just smiled down at Buffy politely as she slept.



Chapter 2: Heat of the Night



*God, what is taking him so long?* Buffy had been waiting for Spike to come back with their food for about an hour. She didn't think it would take so long because they were still in the airport, and Buffy was getting restless. She had already been through the airport's gift shops four times now.

"Miss me luv?"

"Where the hell have you been?"

Spike was holding two large McDonald's bags and a cup tray with two drinks and two large Oreo cookie McFlurries.

"Just doing a little sight seein'."

Spike then dumped the contents of his bag, which had a BigMac, a doublechesse burger, and large fries, on the table. Buffy had the same, but her meal included a salad. Without pause Spike began what Buffy could only describe as ‘scarefing’ his food down his throat.

"Spike, you are such a pig."

"What?" Spike said between bites.

"Can you at least slow down and breath?"

"Don't need to."

"Right."

Ignoring Spike, Buffy took out a book while she ate. Spike, seeing it, took it away from her.

"What are we reading? 'Japanese for Idiots'."

Spike chuckled at his own humor, since he could clearly see it said 'English-Japanese Dictionary' on the cover. Buffy didn't look amused.

"Willow gave me that before we left, OK?"

"Alright Slayer, don't go gettin' your knickers in a twist now. Don't see why you need that thing anyway, when you’ve got a much better translator."

"Oh yeah, where?"

"You're looking at 'im sweet pea!"

Buffy snorted. "You know Japanese?"

"Yeah, little bit. Why is that so hard to believe?"

"Umm…OK." Buffy let it go. She didn't feel like getting into another argument with Spike right now.

Spike looked up at the clock. It was almost 1 o'clock in the morning and they needed a place to stay before dawn. "I think we better leave luv. Gettin' kinda late."

Buffy nodded in agreement.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



When they walked outside the airport, Buffy just stood there looking in awe. Tokyo looked so different to Sunnydale. For one thing, there were so many buildings. The thing that stood out the most was all the color. Almost every single car Buffy saw was a bright metallic color. And the people…who knew there was so much style here?

"Buffy, you all right?" Spike asked when he saw she wasn't moving.

"Uhh, yeah. Just didn't know everything here was so…unique."

"Breathtakin' in'it. Right then, know were we're going, Slayer?"

Buffy snapped back to reality as they started walking. "Think so. A house on Osaka."

"Osaka? Isn't that a city or something?"

"I think so, but I guess it's a street, too."

Buffy guessed right. As they walked down Osaka, Buffy thought the neighborhood looked more like they do back home. Some houses, some trees, a few cars, nothing too fancy.

"I think this is it," Buffy said as they stopped at a small house near the end of the block.

"How do you wager?"

"Well for starters, Giles told me 1297 Osaka, and this is 1297 Osaka. And plus, I need a break, dragging all this luggage around is hard!"

When Buffy went up to knock on the door, no one answered. She tried again. No answer. Something inside her told her to keep trying. She decided to peek inside the window, even though she didn't think she would see anything.

*There's nothing here. Damn it. Now what the hell are we going to do? Wait, what was that?* Buffy saw something move in the house.

"Come on Buffy, let's go."

"No! There's someone in there. I saw it. I think we should check the back."

Buffy and Spike headed toward the back of the house. As they walked down the alley, Buffy saw a Japanese girl standing by a garbage can up ahead. As they got closer to her, Buffy could see her features better. She was wearing tight, dark pants and a tanktop. She had a very lean, feminine build, almost catlike. She looked to be about Buffy's age, maybe younger. Buffy slowed down her pace. Spike then knew Buffy was uneasy about this girl, his senses fully alert.

The girl stepped out into the alley, under the light cast by the street lamp, and Buffy and Spike switched into fighting stance. The girl had the softest facial features ever, which made her look younger then she was. She stood in front of them and looked to the ground almost as if she was bowing.

"Gomen*," she murmured apologetically.

Spike and Buffy didn't have time to react. The girl attacked instantly, going at Buffy first, throwing a punch. Buffy easily dodged the blow, and hit her across the face. The girl doubled back, but remained on her feet. Buffy came at her and with a series of blows, but the young woman blocked them all. The girl then kicked Buffy and she stumbled backwards. This was an opportunity for Spike. He ran toward the girl, but she knew he was there, and moved out of the way before he could hit her. Then, in full game face, Spike flung himself at her, and punched her in the face. The second he did this, Spike yelled as he felt a surge of pain rush through his skull.

"Ahh, fucking hell!"

Buffy saw this and quickly got up. She walked up to the girl, and their fight recommenced. Each girl gave and received a series of punches and kicks. Then, as Buffy was about to lay a final blow to the girl's head, the girl grabbed Buffy's wrist. She looked straight at Buffy's face, and simply said, "Enough."

Buffy stood there, dumbfounded, not knowing what to do. Was this girl for real? She was still holding Buffy's wrist, but her grip was looser. She nodded at Buffy, slowly letting go of her, and backed up. Spike had just joined them, and wasn't sure what was happening. He had a cut on the side of his head, but other then that, he was ok.

"What the bleeding hell is going on here?"

The girl was still standing in front of Spike and Buffy. She looked at them with soft eyes and calmly said, "My name is Takara O-Ren Ishii."

She spoke perfect English.

"Wait. What the hell?" Buffy didn't know what to do. "First you attack us. Now you’re introducing yourself like we're going to be best buds."

"I must apologize, I needed to know that you truly were the slayer."

"Uhh, you knew we were coming?"

"Yes, I got the vision."

"And you, know about slayers?"

"Yes. What, you think us Japanese don't know about vampires and slayers?"

"Right…well I'm Buffy Summers."

"And your vampire friend, Buffy Summers?" She nodded toward Spike.

Spike took out a cigarette and lit it up. "Name's Spike."

Buffy watched Spike as he puffed on his cigarette. She thought he looked hotter when he smoked. Buffy could tell that even Takara was attracted to him.

"Please, we can talk more inside."

Buffy and Spike followed Takara as she led them inside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"This is your home?"

When Buffy looked around, she didn't see much.

"If you want to call it that, sure." Takara was trying to clean up a bit. "Look, I know it's not much, but at least it's something to call my own."

Buffy and Spike sat on an old couch in the living room. Takara sat across from them in a small love seat.

"Alright," Spike said. "Let's get down to business, shall we?"

"Ok, I'll start from the beginning," Takara began. "A while back, I was part of a deadly assassin group. Bounty hunters, killing humans and demons alike."

"So what happened, 'cause you've obliviously turned to the good side." Buffy said sarcastically

"Well, we had been killing humans more and more. Our leader, Boss Matsumoto, he treated me like shit; used me for my visions." Takara lowered her head in shame.

"So you got away, and what, sent this guy an 'I've moved, this is my new address' postcard?" Spike took out another cigarette and lit it up.

"Of course not! Matsumoto is not stupid. He's been sending people after me. That's why I move a lot. I know what you’re thinking, but he’s up to something bad. I just wish I knew what it was."

Buffy cut in. "Ok, it's getting really late. If we're going to get anything done, we should all get some sleep."

"Fine," Takara said. "You and Spike can sleep on the pull out couch."

Buffy stared at Takara, mouth agape.

"What!?," Buffy shrieked, "Me and Spike, together, in one bed. Nooo way!"

"Where else are you going to sleep? There's no where else, unless one of you guys want to share with me?"

Buffy glanced over at Spike. He looked at her and shrugged his shoulders.

"Fine." Buffy sighed.

Takara got up and was leaving the room, when she looked over her shoulder and said in a girly voice, "Good-night you two."

Buffy and Spike started to unfold the bed. On the outside Buffy looked very annoyed, but she really didn't mind too much on the inside.

"Look, Spike. I'm not too thrilled about this, so let’s get a few things straight, ok? Don't get anywhere near me under that blanket. If you touch me anywhere, I swear I will kill you. Is that clear?"

"I got it Slayer."

Spike gave an exasperated sigh as he took off his boots and socks. Buffy was unwillingly watching him the whole time. When he took off his duster, Buffy began scanning his upper body. God he was hot! Without realizing it she slowly worked her eyes down his body. Before she got too far, she stopped herself and began getting ready for bed.

Spike was already settled in when Buffy climbed into the bed. She laid down with her back toward him. "Good-night Spike."

No answer. Buffy figured he was asleep. They laid there for a couple of minuets when she heard, "'Night Slayer."

Buffy couldn't help but grin. She felt like a little girl, but she didn't care. Buffy laid awake that night thinking about Spike, and what else Tokyo would throw at her, until she fell asleep.



To be continued...




*‘Gomen’ means sorry in English.