Author's Chapter Notes:
After finising Little London I decided to treat you guys with a short ficlet. I hope you enjoy it. I;ve got loads or new ideas for longer fics. If I'd only have to time to write them all!
Slightly Dented.


“I wanna be sedated!”

Spike drummed his fingers on the steering wheel as he tried to maneuver his car through the heavy traffic. It was a Friday evening and he was on his way to visit his brother and sister-in-law who had decided to move out of the city to raise the kids in a more quiet environment.

He had agreed full-heartedly to the idea, but now that he was stuck into another traffic jam trying to flee the chaos of the city he realized that a few thousand other people were thinking the same thing.

The light turned green and he started driving again, only to stomp onto the break again—hard—after the car in front of him suddenly stopped. He just missed hitting it. Unfortunately, the car behind him wasn’t so lucky and it had crashed into the back of his car..

“Great,” Spike mumbled to himself as he put the safety break on and got out of the car. He walked to the back to check what the damage was. Luckily it didn’t look too bad. His bumper was only slightly dented.

“Oh my god. I’m so sorry! I couldn’t brake quick enough. The car in front of you stopped so suddenly for no reason and I had no idea…”

Spike looked into a pair of beautiful hazel eyes and felt short of breath for a moment.

“…and I’m rambling aren’t I?” the girl in question said shyly.

“Don’t worry about it, love. I don’t think there’s much damage.” He gave her an encouraging smile and lightly touched her arm in reassurance.

He saw her blush lightly and he had to admit he loved the colour on her cheeks. ”What’s your name then, pet?” he asked casually.

“I’m Buffy.” She held out her hand in introduction and he took it, placing a kiss on the back of it.

“The name’s Spike. It’s a pleasure to meet you, even though the circumstances may not be ideal.”

He saw her look down miserable and mentally hit himself in the head for making such a stupid comment. “I’m sorry, pet. I didn’t mean that badly towards you. This is a rotten situation, but you’re not to blame.”

She nodded her head.

”Now, maybe we should call someone who can write down some stuff for insurance, and all that rot.”


XXXXX

Buffy couldn’t believe what had just happened. She was always so careful when driving, but this time she’d been too preoccupied to react on time. Of course there hadn’t been much time to react, as the stupid car in front of ‘Spike’s, ‘God he’s gorgeous’, had hit the break for no reason.

She walked back to her car to get her purse and to make a phone call. She bent over a little further than needed to show off one of her good assets. ‘Thank you tight jeans!’

As she walked back she saw Spike look away quickly. She grinned to herself, knowing her little trick had worked.

”They are on their way, but with the traffic I don’t think it will be that soon,” she said when she stood in front of him, smiling brightly.

“That’s ok, love. Want to grab a coffee in that diner on the corner? We can keep an eye on the cars and watch for ‘em.”

”Sure.”

As they crossed the street and entered the diner she felt his hand on her lower back as he guided her through the door. The hairs on her neck stood up straight from the slight contact--even the slightest of touches was already getting to her.

They ordered their coffees and sat down in a booth next to the window.

”So, what is it you do?” Spike asked her.

”I’m a kindergarten teacher in town. Ever since I was small it’s what I wanted to do. My mom told me that when I was in kindergarten myself, I’d always help the teacher, telling the other kids what to do and looking out for injuries. I guess it’s always been in my genes. What about you?”

“Well, I’m an accountant. Slightly different from your job, eh?.” He joked. “I work for a big firm in town and have one of the leading functions there. It’s a good job, bit stressful at times.”

“So I suppose you were trying to get away from all that stress until I crashed into you from behind?”

He put his hand on hers. “Hey, don’t blame yourself. Not your fault ok? But yeah, I was going away for the weekend. Gonna visit my brother and sister-in-law and their little one. Whenever I get the chance, I see them and relax.”

He was rubbing his thumb slowly over her hand and when he caught her staring at their hands, he slowly retreated.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to…”

“Oh! It’s ok. I just didn’t expect it. It’s fine really.” She was rambling again and she felt herself blush slightly. Damned, she wanted to be all flirty and here she was blushing like a schoolgirl.

He grinned at her. “You’re really adorable when you blush.”

”Why thanks. Here I was trying to be all cool, and you call me adorable.”

”It’s only in a good way, love.”

They spent another hour chatting and relaxing in each other’s company when they saw a car pull up to their ‘little crash site’.

“I suppose that’s our queue.”


XXXXX


“Well, it was great meeting you,” Spike said.

“Yeah, I must say for being in a car accident I had a good time.” Buffy smiled back at him. “I hope you have a great weekend at your brother’s and enjoy the time away from your stressful job.”

He grinned at her. “I’m sure I will.”

“Right, I better get going then.”

Before he could react she’d pulled him into a hug. He wrapped his arms around her, enjoying the feel of her in his arms. He smelled her hair and closed his eyes for a moment. As she pulled back, he brushed a kiss to the corner of her mouth.

“Goodbye,” she said.

He walked back to his car and got in. When he looked in his rear view mirror he saw her standing there, slightly dazed. Yeah, she was something alright, but it wasn’t time for him to get into anything just yet.

Little did he know that she’d slipped a piece of paper in his back pocket with her phone number on it…