Prolouge: Feelings

Tuesday, November 12, 2003

Spike sat at a table in some dive he had stumbled upon, nursing a beer and devouring the plate of chicken wings in front of him slowly but surely.

He was thinking about her again, big surprise there. It was three weeks after the ordeal, the fight, the end of the scoobies struggle, and he still felt nothing at all.

She was gone again and he couldn't even force his eyes to tear.

The only reason Spike even felt guilty about her death was that he couldn't feel guilt about it at all. He just wanted to feel. That thought released another flood gate of memories.

Particularly thier singing escapades, when she sang about just wanting to feel. He could make her feel, but Spike guessed that it was fair since she made him feel and now with her gone Spike couldn't feel anything at all.

Last time she left he could feel, feel the horrible pain, guilt and sorrow. Spike would give anything to feel those things again.

Spike guessed that last time she left his unnatural vampire premonition told him she was coming back. She wouldn't be gone for long.

This time it was for real. Death had finally caught up with Buffy and this time it wasn't letting go. This wasn't a game or a joke, this was actual death and he couldn't force himself to care.

Without her he couldn't care about anything even Dawn and the scoobies. Hell he couldn't even give a fuck about himself.

Spike continued to sit at some table in some dive he had stumbled upon, nursing a beer and devouring the plate of chicken wings in front of him slowly but surely. Spike continued to not feel anything at all

Wenesday November 13, 2003

In the new CEO's office at the L.A. branch of Wolfram & Hart an amulet fell to the floor as a swirl of particles rose from it. A few seconds later the particles had formed their desired shape.

"Buffy"

"Buffy"

"Slayer"

"Oh Hell"