"Gøñé Åwåý"

Wrapping her arms around herself, she stood on the edge of the cliff, the wind blowing her thin white nightgown around her body, her long raven hair flying around her face and head, obscuring her vision. She had cut herself before heading out to see the worlds destruction, and now her blood ran down her pale flesh, her veins showing through her nearly transparent skin in some deep cobalt blue.

Maybe in another life
I could find you there
Pulled away before your time
I can't deal it's so unfair

Spike sipped his beer while some praying-to-get-discovered garage band were preforming a wicked cover of '# 1 Crush' by Garbage. The song hit a bit close to home, bringing back memories of Drusilla. The one person he loved the most in his life, and was now gone. He forced himself to stop wallowing in his self-pity for this one night, so he could hopefully enjoy his self. The world was gunna be gone in less that a couple of hours, and Buffy had dismissed the gang and the potentials, and told everyone to go make these last hours count. Spike had headed off to the Bronze since he didn't feel like hanging around at Buffy's place, and because he knew he'd prolly rip Wood's head off. The lights in the warehouse-turned-club flickered, and Spike felt a sharp stab of fear, knowing that time was running out.

And it feels
And it feels like
Heaven's so far away

Buffy looked at a picture of her mother, knowing she'd soon either join her mother in this supposed Heaven, or go to Hell. Didn't matter anymore, really. She handed the picture to Dawn, whose tear-streaked face looked angry yet extremely terrified. In the armchair across from the couch the two sisters sat on, Robin Wood was staring off into space, sharing the same look that Buffy wore on her face: defeat. Willow had gone with Giles, Xander and the remaining S.I.T's out to get some fast food, since there was little else to do. Buffy stood up. There was one last thing she had to do before she died. She headed out into the beginning of the storm, the freezing cold air chilling her to the bone instantly.

And it feels
Yeah it feels like
The world has grown cold
Now that you've gone away

Drusilla swayed slightly on the edge of the cliff, waiting for the moment the yellowy-pink lightening would strike the cliffs edge, and send her pummeling down to the ice-cold water below. It was the kinda of weather she loved. It was stormy, and the air was charged with electricity and fear. The world was ending, and yet, everyone in Sunnydale was carrying on with their lives as they normally would, only they did it with fear. She held on to a black rose as if it were her lifeline. The thorns cut her, her blood running down her hand and staining the grass and rocky dirt at her feet.

Leaving flowers on your grave
Show that I still care
But black roses and Hail Marys
Can't bring back whats taken from me

Spike left the Bronze soon after the band finished their cover songs, and headed to the beach. The waves soaked the shore, and the wind blew sand in his eyes, but it didn't bother him. He was crying anyway. Unaware of his ex-lover standing a hundred feet above him, he stared out at the dark churning water, watching the lightening light up the horizon. He pulled a silver lighter out of his pocket and ran his thumb over the raised design that was on it. It was the chinese symbol for eternal life. He looke ddown at it, remembering when Buffy had gotten it for him. It seemed like years ago, when in actuality it was only a year and a half ago. He threw it into the dark waters with as much force as he could. It disappeared and sunk into the waters way far out. He saw a stake fly past his head and into the water, close enough to where he threw the lighter, then saw a familular figure step up next to him.

I reach to the sky
And call out your name
And if I could trade
I would

Buffy stood in front of Spike, taking in his tear-stained face. She took both his hands in hers and looked into his eyes as she spoke the three words he'd always wanted to hear from her. He had been staring out at the horizon, and after she spoke, he looked down at her. Above them, Drusilla watched the couple. She threw the rose over the cliff. The wind carried it out to sea, and it too disappeared. The ground trembled. Just a slight bit at first. Spike kissed Buffy for that last time. Neither saw the bolt of lightening that was heading towards them. Then again, it moved so fast, no one could of actually seen it. It struck the ground between them, sending the two flying yards apart from each other.

And it feels
And it feels like
Heaven's so far away

The sky opened up, spilling torrents of icy rain down on everything. The ground split open, swallowing cars, buildings, and people whole. Lightening flashed through the sky incessantly, the roar of the thunder deafening. It was the end, and everyone knew it. Spike got struck by lightening, and dusted immediately, leaving Drusilla and Buffy screaming. The fast-food place that Xander, Willow, Giles and the S.I.T's were in collapsed then fell into the ground as it split open. Dawn and Robin died instantly when the Summer's house collapsed upon them both. Drusilla watched as a piece of flying metal tore Buffy's head off, spraying blood everywhere. Drusilla knew then, that it was her moment. Lightening struck the edge of the cliff near her bare feet and within seconds, she was impaled on the sharp rocks below, the ocean carrying her ashes away from the shore.

And it stings
Yeah it stings now
The world is so cold
Now that you've gone away


¤ ¤ ¤

This fanfic is dedicated to what millions thought was the best show ever. As of May 2øø3, the show Buffy the vampire Slayer™ will no longer be on air. Sure, repeats of past episodes prolly will be, but it's off UPN™. Mad props to the cast and stage crew of the said show, and also, to Joss Whedon, for being able to turn the box-office-bomb movie into an EXCELLENT television show. Good luck to the cast in their future works.

°†° Çhêꮚ Tø Thê ß맆 Šê/êñ ¥ê®Š Êvé® °†°
— 19972ØØ3 —


Fanfic written by Stephen C. M-C.
Lyrix from "Gone Away" were written by The Offspring ©1997.
I dedicate this to SMG & JWM and esp. to ma girl, Jaimeth, whom is the biggest Spuffy addict I have ever met and is also "Out of this World". ^-^