Author's Chapter Notes:
Takes place a little while after Spike tell's Buffy he loves her.
Chapter 1: Entrancing Butts and Nostril Freak


She threw on her jacket, not caring that the green color didn’t go with her burgundy pants. She didn’t really care about anything at the moment - only getting through patrol and getting to sleep. Tomorrow was her first day of the college life which meant today was her last day of living with her mom. She didn’t want to spend it patrolling, but Giles insisted. ‘You can stay with your mother anytime you want. But people only live once, and to waste a life by dying in the hands of a vampire wouldn’t be very pleasing.’. Were his exact words. So here she was walking out her bedroom door, creeping past her sleeping mother and walking out the front door. She walked her way she always walked to get to the first cemetery of the night. She passed the familiar ugly orange house where it always seemed like the couple that lived there sat on the porch for hours, smiling and laughing at what each other said. As Buffy walked by she waved, and they waved back without questioning why she was out so late. Buffy thought about what goes on there. ‘Do they have to worry about death every second of their lives? Do they know that one day in the future their daughter could be brutally killed by a vampire? If they did, they sure as hell wouldn’t spend their day outside, they would be inside with their children spending every minute they can with them.’. Buffy continued until she reached an all to familiar cemetery. It was the first on her ‘To Do List’ and also the first on her ‘Least Favorite Cemetery List’. She hated it so much because of one undead resident that she hadn’t ever been able to kill.

That very name of his infuriated her. Spike wouldn’t ever leave her alone. If it wasn’t for the chip, he would have been dead the second he showed up on Giles’s door step asking for asylum. She stepped past the first couple of tombstones and stopped in front of a tree.

“I know your there, Spike. I’m not stupid.” Buffy said as she crossed her arms. Spike walked out from behind the tree and shoved his hands in his leather duster.

“How’d you know?” Spike asked. Buffy started walking around the tree and away from Spike, “It could have been any of the trees over here.”

“It’s always that tree, Spike.” Buffy said, exaggerating on the ‘that’, “That tree, and none of the others.” She finished, annoyed. Spike followed her, and a moment later, she stopped.

“Spike, I can do this alone, so stop following me around like a lost puppy.” She turned around to him with her hands on her hips, Spike grinned.

“Your cute when you do that, y’no luv?” Spike said, secretly happy she didn’t catch him staring at her butt earlier. He chuckled as her face grew red. Spike didn’t know if the red-ness was caused by anger or embarrassment.

“Spike.” Buffy growled.

Anger, Spike thought, answering his own question. She swung out her fist to his face and Spike flinched. Nut nothing hit him. He looked at Buffy who stood a few feet in front of him with her arms crossed and her lips in a tight frown.

“Yeah, Pet?” He asked.

“I’m going to count to three. And when I get to three, you will be out of my sight and in your crypt. Got it? Or else you’ll be receiving the-.” Buffy was saying, but stopped when she realized that Spike was mocking her.

“The pointy end of the stick… Yadda, yadda, yadda, Slayer. Same tune, old trumpet.” Spike said as he slowly stalked away. Buffy sighed as she watched him leave, but then he turned and faced her a second later.

“Oh, and watch out, Luv. There’s a new baddie in Sunnyhell. Names Nostifret. He’s the last of a group of psychic demons called Morkilm. Careful Slayer. He’ll know all of your moves even before you do.” Buffy blinked as Spike disappeared among the trees and tombstones.

“I’m going to kill him. I swear, Spike will be dead by my causing.”: Buffy said as she took a deep breath and walked the opposite way that Spike left.

Not much time later she heard a deep growl. It sounded like a thousand wolves all at once because it echoed among the graves. Buffy turned to where she though the noise came from, but heard the growl again. This time it sounded like it came from behind her. Buffy turned. She jumped when she came face to face with a six foot tall green think that’s face was double the size of Buffy’s head.

“Hi, you must be Nostril-Freak.” Buffy said, regaining her composure, stepping back a few feet, and putting on a fighting stance.

“Very funny, Slayer. I’m Nostifret. The last remaining Morkilm demon alive. So I must stand for all of them who fell… at the hands of the last slayer. I must avenge their deaths… by killing you.”

“Lil’ old me’ll avenge all of those lil’ ole deaths?” Buffy asked.

“You and every slayer after.” Nostifret said. He stood still and waited for Buffy to move. Buffy did, she ducked and charged at him. He grabbed her sides and brought his knee to her face. Buffy took a couple side-steps until she wasn’t dizzy anymore.

“Huh?” She asked when she didn’t see him. But then she heard breathing noises behind her. She brought her elbow have against Nostifret’s side. He grunted, but grabbed her elbow and pulled it up. This caused her arm to be forced out of the socket. Buffy leaned forward, and kicked her foot underneath her into his shin. He let go of her and she ran. She ran to the only place she know she might be able to reach, the one person, besides her who might be kill the Morkilm demon.

She pushed through the front door with her good arm and called out.

“Please help me.” She fell to the ground exhausted. Spike looked at her confused and then heard a deep growl outside. Spike looked out the door and gulped. This was so not his day.

Spike quickly grabbed an ax out of the corner of the crypt.

“Vampire.” Nostifret growled from outside the crypt. Spike took a big, deep, un-needed breath and walked out.

“Bring me the slayer, and I wont kill you and ruin your home. But I will get the slayer, either way.” Nostifret said. Spike put the ax on his right hand and stepped foreword.

“Sorry mate, but to get to ‘er, you’ll have to get through me.” Spike said.

“Easily done, Vampire.” The Morkilm demon replied. No one moved for a while, but Spike fixed this by swinging the ax hard to Nostifret’s side. Nostifret knew what Spike was going to do, so before the ax even went close to him, he grabbed the handle and pulled the ax out of Spike’s hand. Spike ran a few feet, so he could get some distance between his and the psychic demon. When Spike stopped, he looked back at Nostifret, expecting the demon to use it against him. Spike was wrong. The ax was now forgotten, laying on the ground several feet behind Nostifret. Spike glared daggers at Nostifret, but he ignored them as he stood un a neutral position. Waiting for Spike to make a move that he already know Spike would do. Spike lifted out his leg to kick Nostifret in the stomach, but Nostifret stopped this by grabbing Spike’s ankle and spinning around. When he finally let go, Spike flew from his grasp and into a hard pile of a now-crumbled pile of tombstones. Spike looked up at the Morkilm demon and then frantically looked around for something he could use to kill the demon. His ax lay inches from his right hand. Spike grabbed it and stood up, noticing that the Nostifret was already half way to Spike’s crypt.

“I’m not done yet.” Spike whispered as he ran foreword quietly. He swung out his leg and kicked Nostifret on the back of his knees. As Nostifret fell backwards towards Spike, Spike stabbed the ax through Nostifret’s head. Spike stood there gasping for breath as he noticed black smoke come out of the major neck wound. Spike saw that the smoke was following him, so he ran to get Buffy and himself away, fast. Spike knew what the smoke was.

Once a Morkilm demon dies, black smile comes out of it’s wound. The smoke goes to the closest organism it can get to, so that it doesn’t die along with the Morkilm demon. Whoever it enters can see the future anytime of the day uncontrollably to them. After a while the black smoke will kill the organism.

Spike grabbed Buffy and ran back out the front door, but was greeted by the black fog. Spike put a hand over Buffy’s nose and mouth and ran through the smog. It continued to fly towards them as Spike ran faster then he had ever ran in his life. But it got to him. Spike tripped and the smoke entered through his mouth, and then remembered about Buffy. He removed his hands from his face and shoed away the fog that was going through her nostrils. Spike got back up and ran, not noticing that the fog was gone.

………………………………(A few minutes later)

Giles jumped as Spike slammed into his house with Buffy in his arms. Spike handed Buffy to Giles and cautiously looked out the front door. When he was sure nothing was out there, he shut it and locked it. She stood there for a second then turned to Giles.

“Where are your books about the Morkilm demon?” Spike asked. Giles laid Buffy on his couch and showed Spike the small closed full of books.

“Was it the Morkilm demon that hurt her?” Giles asked, Spike looked at Giles solemnly.

“It did more than just hurt her.” Spike said.

(AN: I'll update the story if people seem to like it.)