Author's Chapter Notes:
The first part of my prequel. I had the idea for quite some time and finally had the time to write it down. Have fun :D
Part 1


“We have to go to the Bronze tonight. Otherwise I’ll burst.” Cordelia declared at lunch.
“Ah, poor Cordelia, are you Bronze-deprived?” Willow asked, mockingly.

“Geez, Cordy, we’ve been to the Bronze last Saturday.” Buffy mumbled before taking a bite of her salad.
“I’m not Bronze-deprived. I’m just hoping that a certain person will be there.” The brown-haired girl simply answered.

“Who?” Willow asked curiously.
“That luscious Xander Harris.”
“Oh my god, it’s the apocalypse.” Buffy grinned, “First of all, ‘luscious’? Second of all, you called him 2 weeks back vermin.”

“No I didn’t.”
“Yes, you did.” The redhead reminded her friend, “and you called him dirt too.”
“Ugh, what are you? The Memory woman?” Cordelia replied, clearly annoyed.
“Anyways, I say we go Bronzing. It’s Friday, Sunday is Christmas, we’re happy. So why not?” Buffy said with a smile.

“Are going to bring Angel?”
“Probably not. We’re not going through a very nice period of our relationship. So we decided to take some distance from each other. Tonight is our girls’ night out.”
“Right-o!” Willow exclaimed.
“Willow, never do that again. It’s disturbing.” Cordelia warned her, embarrassed. “But what should I do about Harris?”

“I don’t know. Go for it. Or something like that. But if you guys hook up, please leave that annoying friend of his at home.” The blonde commented with a dark face.
“You don’t like Charles Gunn?”
“Gunn’s fine! It’s that bastard of a Pratt I hate.”
“Why?”

“I don’t know. He just acts all mean to me. Acts like I don’t know anything and I’m just a bimbo cheerleader.” Buffy grumbled.

“Does he have a reason?” Willow asked her.
“No. I don’t even know the bastard. All I know is that his name is Spike Pratt, he’s way too sexy for his own good and he hates me.”
“Didn’t you call him Trailer park once?”
“He started it by calling me Barbie. I hate Barbie. She’s a bitch.”


*^*^*^*

“Are you gonna come to the Bronze tonight?” Xander asked his friend.
“No, why would you go to the bloody Bronze? We have Willy’s.” Spike replied.
“Come on, man. Willy’s sucks. And I have to get in contact with a certain person.” Gunn defended himself.
“Me too.” The Brunette said quickly.
“Who?”

“Cordelia Chase.”
“Winifred Burkle.”
“Chase? Harris, are you sure?” Spike asked his friend.
“Yes. Stop whining.”

“Alright!” Spike gave in. “But don’t think I’m going to be hanging with Summers. I hate her.”
“Why do you hate her exactly?”
“She’s dumb and a bimbo-“

“Says the man who dated Harmony Kendall.” Gunn grinned.
“Doesn’t matter. I never want to date a chit like that again. And she called me Trailer park.”
“After you called her Barbie.” Xander pointed out

“Why am I friends with you guys?” The blonde asked them before banging his head on the lunch table.
“Because you can’t live without us,”
Spike grumbled something and sighted. The 2 other boys just grinned.

****^^^^^*****

That night the 3 girls were sitting in a booth in the Bronze.
“Did you see him yet?” Cordelia asked him very impatiently.
“No,” Willow sighted for the somethingth time.
Buffy stared at her glass. “I think I’m going to get more drinks.” She declared, “Anyone want one?”
“No thanks.” The others replied.

*^*^*^*

Buffy made her way to the bar without noticing who came in.
“I don’t see Cordelia anywhere.” Harris moaned.
“Just wait, she’s probably here or she’s still coming.” Gunn reassured him. “But I’ll see you losers later. I’ve just found the objects of my affection.”
“Go get her tiger.” Spike commented in a sarcastic voice, “I’m going to get a drink. You want anything?”
“No thanks.” Xander said.
“Alright, suit yourself, whelp.”

Spike made his way to the bar. There he saw a very nice looking blonde girl standing and waiting to order a drink.
“Hello there, gorgeous. Can I buy you a drink?” He said in his most seductive voice.

The girl looked up and frowned. “No thanks,” she eventual replied, “You might poison it anyway.”
“Do we know each other?” He asked surprised. He hadn’t seen her before.
“You really have to pay attention to who you hate, Trailer park.”

Spike’s eyes grew wide. “Barbie?”
“That’s right. It’s the blonde bimbo cheerleader!” Buffy said. Then the bar man asked her what she wanted to drink. She ordered a diet coke, put the money on the bar and walked away.

Spike was totally amazed. That could not have been Buffy. No way!

*^*^*^*

Buffy made her way to the booth to find that Cordelia had finally found Xander and now they were acting all shy to each other.
Buffy sat down next to Willow and said: “This is going to be such a fun night. I just met Pratt near the bar and he didn’t even recognize me. I don’t look that different then when I do in school?”

“You’re wearing much more make up than usual and your hair isn’t in the usual ponytail. And he never looked at you very closely. It’s not that weird.” Cordelia reasoned.
The blonde just grumbled and drank her coke.

In the corner of her eye she saw Spike approaching. In a few minutes time he was sitting a cross her in both.
Cordelia and Xander decided to dance and Willow was asked to dance by someone who had orangey hair.
Soon Spike and Buffy were sitting together, not looking at each other or talking to each other.

From time to time he shot a glance at her, looking all grumpy and bored. And suddenly the tension broke and Buffy blurted out: “Why do you hate me?”
“Because you think you’re above, you bloody bint. Well listen up, I’m not beneath you!”

She was astounded. “I do not think you’re beneath me! When have you ever hear me say that?”
“Why do you keep calling me Trailer Park?”
“Because you keep calling me Barbie. I never disliked you until you showed clear disgust for me.” Suddenly her face cleared up, “You hate me because I’m dating Angel aren’t you?”

His eyebrows shot up. “Hating you has nothing to do with me hating Peaches.”
“Really?”
“Yes, I hate you because you’re dumb enough to do him.”
“So it has to do with Angel.” She stated with a smug smile.
“Oh bloody hell. “

“Well, then you can stop hating me, because Angel and I are over. Finito, the end.” Buffy sighted.
“Yeah ye- What? Really?” Spike said.
“Yes, he doesn’t know it yet. Actually no one knows, except for you.”

“When are you going to tell him?” Spike asked. His feelings about Buffy had turned around completely. She suddenly seemed human.
“Not sure yet. It seems so cruel to break up with him now. It’s nearly Christmas.”
“Do it after the holidays,” He suggested. “How much are you going to see him anyways?”
“A lot. He’s coming over for Christmas and I’m staying with him for New Years Eve.”

“Hmmm…That’s not good.”
“Nope.”
“You don’t have to think about it straight away. Want to dance your troubles away?”
Buffy grinned and said: “Yeah, whatever. But no biting, punching or scratching.”
“Deal.”

‘Not if you were the last junkie on earth’ by the Dandy Warholes started to playing.
“This is such a funny song.” Buffy grinned, moving to the beat of the music.
“Why?” Spike asked not really seeing it.
“‘Never thought you’d be a junkie, because heroine is so passé’. Come on, that’s brilliant.”
“Whatever you say, pet.” Spike just grinned.

They danced. Everything became awkward when ‘Chasing Cars’ by Snow Patrol was played. All the couples started dancing close together. Buffy looked at Spike unsure what to do. Suddenly he pulled her close and put his hand around her waist and placed his other hand in hers. She just laid her other hand on his shoulder and they started moving to the music. Buffy was actually having fun and smiled at her dance partner. He just smiled back.

After a while they decided to sit down and talk. The couple found out they didn’t differ that much from one and other. They liked the same type of movies and they had the same kind of humor. The only thing they couldn’t agree on, was their taste in music.
“The Clash is totally awesome.” Spike stated.
“No way. Joe Strummer has an awful voice.”
“How can you say that?”
“It’s true.” Buffy simply said.

“What about that No Doubt band? That girl Gwen Stefanie is such a terrible singer.” He argued.
“Nu-uh. She’s fantastic. You know what band I do like? Pennywise.”
“I guess…they’re okay.”
“Yay, we agree.” She grinned. Then it was quiet for a while. Then she said: “What’s with the Billy Idol look?”
“I don’t look like bloody Billy Idol.”
“Hate to break it to you honey. You do.”
“Maybe he looks like me.” Spike said mysteriously.

“Whatever.” She laughed. Buffy checked her watch. “Ah crap, it’s nearly 0.30. I have to go.”
“I’ll bring you home.” He offered.
“Thanks Spike. I’ll go find Willow and Cordy to tell I’m leaving.” She got up and wanted to walk away, but Spike grabbed her hand and walked with her. They soon had found the two other girls, in the dark corners of the Bronze.

Spike decided to go to the bathroom. What he found there was not very pretty.


TBC…..








A/N: Haha, just kidding! Please continue…


Angel was standing there making out with someone, Spike couldn’t see.
“Angel?”
The brunette boy looked up with surprise. Spike briefly saw a small boy with mouse-brown hair and green eyes.

“You’re gay?” The bleached blonde asked.
Angel’s eyes grew wide when he realised what just had happened. “Please don’t tell anyone.”
“What about Buffy?”
“I planned to break up with her. But I couldn’t.”
“I think this will do it.” Spike grinned.

“Is she here?” Angel asked.
“Yes. And she actually wanted to break up with you too.”
“How do you know that? You hate her.”
“Not anymore.”
“Right. I’ll break up with her. I’ll do it right now.”

Spike and Angel went to the balcony where Buffy was already waiting.
“Angel?!” She yelped with a voice full of surprise.
“Hi pet. Peaches here wants to tell you something.” Spike said.
“What is it?”

“Uhm Buffy… I think it’s best if we broke up.” Angel said nervously.
“Why?”
“Well, it wasn’t really going well and stuff and there’s another reason.” He bent over so his mouth was close to her ear. “I’m gay.”

Buffy pulled up her eyebrows, then they lowered and she started to frown. “Somehow that doesn’t surprise me.”
“Oh.”
“So this is it.” She stated. Angel agreed. They exchanged a hug and a happy Christmas and all that. Then Buffy and Spike left.

“So…he’s gay.” He finally said, when Spike drove his car into the parkway of Revello drive.
“Yup.”
“And we don’t have a fiery hatred for each other anymore.”
“Yup.”
“I need a drink.”


TBC


A/N: Thanks for reading! I hope you liked it, because... there's more! Please leave a review if you are so kind ^-^