Author's Chapter Notes:
-Everything in bold is said by Buffy, telling the story. Italics are thoughts or songs.
Chapter 1: Attraction

She sat on her couch, hugging her body protectively, as she told the woman sitting across from her side of the not-so-fairy-tale story. She let silent tears fall from her bright green eyes. This story was going to be hard to tell. This summer had been harder on her than she thought it would be. Way harder. How could he do this to her? He said he’d do anything for her, but this was beyond her imagination.

Angel was a good boyfriend, he really was. He did everything for me. He was great with my friends, my family…we were a good match. But he was kinda quiet, and shy, not very out there. But that’s what I needed, ya know? Someone like me, fun, outgoing. Angel was holding me back from who I was, and what I wanted to be. And no matter the things he’d buy me or thoughtful actions...he wasn’t giving me the kind of relationship I needed. Oh, and if you’re going to be taking notes, I suggest you get more paper, ‘cause this is a long and wild story.

* * * * *

“It’s your birthday, Buffy! You have to go out.” Willow begged. She was rummaging through her closet, looking for something to wear to the Bronze that night.

“I know, it’s just, Angel wanted to stay in tonight…” Buffy bowed her head, obviously not liking the fact she couldn’t go out and party with her friends.

Willow pulled out a short skirt and tank top, and dropped them on her bed. “Buffy, you’re always with Angel. Not that I have anything against him but…bronzing just isn’t bronzing without you. You’re coming with us and that’s final!” She spoke in a firm tone.

“Willow-” Buffy was about to refuse, when she got cut off.

“Buff, you see this face?” she pointed at her face. “This is my ‘resolve’ face. I’ve got my mind set, and I’m not givin up till you say yes.” Buffy took a deep breath, realizing that Willow had already won.

“I’ll tell Angel, that we can just do something tomorrow. If he gets mad at me I’m blaming it all on you.” She pointed an accusing finger at her friend.

“Oh! Trust me it’ll be so worth it!” Willow pulled Buffy off the bed, and into the bathroom to start getting ready.

* * * * *

Buffy and Willow walked back to the table from the dance floor. They had spent the last hour and a half out there, celebrating Buffy’s 22nd birthday, with some old fashion boogieing. Xander, Anya, and Tara, were all sitting there, watching the fun the best friends were having.

“Hey Buff! Happy birthday to ya!” he plastered on a goofy smile. He looked around with a frown. “Hey…where’s Mr. Broody? I didn’t see him out there with you.”

“Oh…Angel couldn’t make it. He told me to go out and just spend some time with my friends.” She took a seat next the Xander.

“It took a lot of convincing though…but all I had to do was show him my ‘resolve’ face, and he caved.” Willow said excitedly.

“He’s got you on a ball and chain.” Anya said with a protesting tone.

“Anya, honey…remember what I said about not talking? Now would be a good time.” Xander reminded quietly.

“Well, it’s true. Someone had to say it. Buffy you never come out anymore! We all miss you.” She said looking around at the group waiting for a response from them. All they did was nod.

“I miss you guys too, but Angel isn’t really one for going out much. He likes it quiet…plus with the things he’s gone through…not really feeling comfortable leaving him at the house. I-I just worry about him.”

“Sweetie, o-of course you’re gunna worry about him…but maybe, i-it would be a good idea for him to get out more.” Tara suggested. “I mean…look at me. I never even left the house unless it was to go to my classes. Until I met Willow.” Tara looked up at Willow, who was still standing. She took her hand and gave it a tight squeeze.

“Yeah, you’re right. Sometimes he’s just really hard to get to.” Buffy let out a sigh. “I’ll be right back guys, I’m gunna get a drink.” Buffy got up and made her way to the bar.

I guess you could say I never saw it coming. It completely blight-sighted me. Not in a bad way, because if that night never happened…I would have never had some of my most memorable moments. But then again…sometimes I wish it never did happen.

“Crantini, please.” Buffy slid onto the bar stool, and waited for her drink.

A man slid onto the stool beside her, and put down a five-dollar bill, handing it to the bartender. “On me, pet.” He flashed a charming smile towards her.

“Thanks.” Buffy finally said after, taking in his appearance. He had bleach blonde hair, which was slicked back. He was wearing, black jeans, black button up shirt and a black leather duster. His cheekbones were strong, and chiseled. God his voice was sexy! Oh my God and his eyes…they were so blue, it was unreal. Buffy had to turn he gaze down to her drink before she started to drool.

He smirked, when he saw a blush creep up her cheeks. “Do you have a name, luv?”

“Yes…” she didn’t look up knowing she’d forget what her name was if she did. “Buffy.” She finally trusted herself to look up at him again. She stuck out her hand, trying to keep her cool.

He grabbed her hand and raised it to his mouth. “Spike.” He placed a soft kiss on the back of her hand. She blushed again.

Oh God! Could this guy get any hotter? He gave her a smirk, as he slowly let go of her hand. Um…lemme see…YES!

“It’s nice to meet you.” She replied, trying to keep how nervous she was out of her voice.

“Pleasure’s all mine, pet. So, what’s a gorgeous woman like you sittin at a bar all by her self?” He turned all his attention to her, forgetting that his friends were waiting for him back at his table.

“Oh…celebrating!” she lifted her glass. “Uh, but I’m not alone…” she turned around to see her friends on the dance floor. “…My friends are over there.” He turned to where her friends were, then back to face her.

“What are you celebrating?”

“Birthday…22nd actually.” She took a big sip of her drink, knowing that the only way that she could be a little relaxed around him was going to involve a wee bit of alcohol.

“Well, happy birthday.”

“Thanks.” She ran her finger around the rim of the glass. “What brings you to the Bronze…got a bachelor party happenin with your name on it?” she turned to look at him again. This guy was way too hot not to be with someone…

He let out a small chuckle. “Nope. Just a night on the town. What made you think that?” he frowned slightly.

Buffy didn’t really think before she said anything, she just told him the first thing that came to mind. “Well, honestly…you’re way too hot to not have some girl snatch you up.” Spike smiled shyly, and ducked his head. “I really just said that didn’t I?” she felt slightly embarrassed, but she got over it rather fast. He didn’t really look like the type to get shy. It was cute. No, scratch that-it was adorable! “Oh-kay! I’m just gunna go…put a bag over my head.” She turned to walk away when Spike gently grabbed her arm.

“Leavin already, luv?” he had a worried look on his face, like he was never going to see her again if she left. Buffy smiled and sat back in the chair. “Didn’t think so.”

We got so wrapped up in our conversation, I forgot all about Angel. I realized how much we had in common; it felt nice…just talking to him. He was such a sweetheart. A total gentleman. It was getting late, and my friends left. I didn’t even notice.

A slow song came on and an idea popped in his head. “Would you like to dance, pet?” he stood up and held out a hand for her.

A slow smile appeared on her face, and she reached for his hand. He guided her onto the floor, holding her hand tight as he pulled her through the throng of people. He stopped in the middle of the dance floor, and held her right hand with his left, holding it to his heart. Her other hand rested on the back of his neck. He placed his free hand, on her bare lower back. She was wearing a black top that had two thin straps holding it up, one around her upper back, and one around her lower back. Her black skirt was short, with a small slit on her right thigh. She wore knee high black boots to total it all up. She rested her head on his chest, swaying to the beat of the music.

Childhood living is easy to do
The things you wanted I bought them for you
Graceless lady, you know who I am,
You know I can't let you slide through my hands

Wild Horses,
Couldn't drag me away,
Wild, wild horses,
Couldn't drag me away...


His hands were so strong, but yet so comforting and warm. It sent chills down my spine. Everything just melted away you know? Like we were the only people in the room. It felt like we knew each other forever. We just fit so well. Like…we had this connection, that Angel and me never did. Of course I felt like I was cheating on him…but I forced myself to think that it wasn’t anything. Just a dance. Just a friend. But I knew…I knew that it wasn’t just.’

I watched you suffer a dull, aching pain
Now you decided to show me the same
No sweeping exits or offstage lines,
Can make me feel bitter or treat you unkind

Wild Horses,
Couldn't drag me away, Wild, wild horses,
Couldn't drag me away...

I know I dreamed you a sin and a lie,
I have my freedom but I don't have much time
Faith has been broken tears must be cried,
Let's do some living after we die


“I want to see you again, Buffy.” Spike whispered in her ear, with a husky voice. Good thing he was holding her or she’d collapse to the ground, due to weak-knees syndrome. She closed her eyes. She knew that she shouldn’t see him again. That would definitely qualify as cheating. But she couldn’t resist. She was having fun, going with the flow. And to be honest she liked him.

“I want to see you again too.” One part of her cursed herself for saying it. But the other part was thanking herself.

Wild Horses,
Couldn't drag me away,
Wild, wild horses,
We'll ride them someday



“Next weekend…here, at the bar…9:00?” his voice was raspy, and sexy. It was seriously turning her on. He asked hoping that she would say yes.

Wild Horses,
Couldn't drag me away,
Wild, wild horses,
We'll ride them someday

Wild Horses,
Couldn't drag me away,
Wild, wild horses,
We'll ride them someday


“Okay…” she replied breathlessly. Not really much else she could say, being so close to him, made her forget how to put words together.

Honestly…I really didn’t know what to do about Angel. I really cared about him, and I knew this would rip him to shreds. It was hard going home that night, I really didn’t know if I could hide the fact that I was glowing.

* * * * *

Buffy had driven to the Bronze in Willow’s car, and since Willow had left earlier that night, Buffy walked. It wasn’t that far…only 10-20 minutes away.

The entire way Buffy could still feel the linger of his touch, on her back and arms. It made shivers go down her spine, and butterflies flutter in her stomach. She shook the thoughts away, and thought about the big fat mess of troubles she just started. I can’t do this. I have a boyfriend that loves me, that cares about me. But Spike is just so damn sexy. I just wanna-NO! Bad Buffy! You don’t wanna do anything ‘cause that would be wrong. Very, very wrong! No dirty thoughts. she mentally smacked herself. She shouldn’t have these kinds of feelings for someone that isn’t Angel. And the part that scared her the most was that Angel never gave her butterflies, or feel-good shivers. He relationship with him wasn’t fiery, or passionate. She felt like they were an old couple that just stayed together because they knew they wouldn’t find anybody else. It made her believe that her whole relationship with him was a joke. But he still loved her. She gave him something special. And she couldn’t take that away from him…no matter how much it killed her in the end.



But she didn’t want to think about it right now. She wasn’t going to stress over what she was going to do. Hell she didn’t even know if this thing with Spike would last. She was approaching her house now, and took a deep breath as she walked up the steps to the porch.



A/N: the song is "Wild Horses" by the Sundays. Well that's the first chapter for ya!! i'll update soon...if i get some reviews first that is...*wink wink*. (for those who didn't get that i'm beging for reviews!) haha i'll love you forever and ever!!