[Reviews - 12] LikedPrinter
Summary: How 'Not Fade Away' would have gone, in my world. Buffy gets involved in the W&H apocalypse, and changes the course of everyone's lives.
Rated: PG
Categories: General Characters: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Adult Language
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 16 Completed: No
Word count: 73656 Read: 11809
Published: 12/01/2006 Updated: 10/14/2008

1. Chapter 1: Buffy by Willow25 [Reviews - 1] Liked (1323 words)
Chapter titles indicate Point of View. Story title comes from a line in “Shimmer” by Fuel. This story is the first sequel to “Hole in My Pocket”. Missing scenes and alternate ending for the Angel finale. I know the whole alternate finale thing has been done to death, but this story was nagging at me, so I figured it was better to go for it. Hope you like!

Disclaimer: I don’t own the characters portrayed on Buffy or Angel. Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy Productions do. More power to 'em. I make no profit from my endeavors. All original characters are my property (so there!)

2. Chapter 2: Willow by Willow25 [Reviews - 2] Liked (4046 words)
A background chapter. I know, I hate them, too. You should let me know it doesn't suck, though, if you feel so inclined.

3. Chapter 3: Meredith by Willow25 [Reviews - 1] Liked (5493 words)
I’d like to thank everyone for reading. You’re really swell. And neat. You know why I’m flattering you? I’d like reviews, please. See; flattery, and asking nicely, I’d say that deserves something. Oh, and I don’t own the guys you’ve seen on TV, but Merry’s my own creation, despite the stolen name. Enjoy!

4. Chapter 4: Spike by Willow25 [Reviews - 0] (3784 words)
Timeline - Imagine that there was an entire day between when the gang left Angel's office at the beginning of the ep, and that first meeting in Spike's apartment. Hey, if I can, you can.

5. Chapter 5: Jezebel by Willow25 [Reviews - 1] Liked (5433 words)
Originally, this chapter was supposed to belong to Wesley. Jezebel, however, is a hoyden (warning, she's also a potty-mouth), and decided to cut in line. We'll get to Wes, and Angel; no need to worry your pretty head about it, gentle reader. In the meantime, please review, it's wonderful for my complexion.

6. Chapter 6: Wesley by Willow25 [Reviews - 1] Liked (2531 words)
Extended disclaimer - I'd like to remind everyone, once more with feeling, that characters featured on BtVS and AtS do not belong to me, they are all property of Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy Productions. And probably some other people. Just not me. Anyone not familiar from the show is my own creation, although some names have been blatantly stolen. Guess the source, win a prize! Oh, and I'm not making any money from this, and very little glory. Like, Glory without her makeup and heels and perm-from-Hell.

7. Chapter 7: Willow, take 2 by Willow25 [Reviews - 1] Liked (8551 words)
Thanks so much to everyone who has stayed with me so far. Next chapter will be an interlude with some Spuffy interaction, before we get back to solving the crisis in LA.

Please review, I'm feeling unloved at the moment.

8. Interlude: Dawn by Willow25 [Reviews - 0] (2561 words)
I needed to get the Spuffy in somehow, since Spike and Buffy are currently in different countries, with Buffy’s job (and a prophecy!) keeping them apart. So, a brief interlude in the action, revealing the ‘pressing engagement’ Spike had to leave dinner for, and other little bits of the puzzle. PLEASE REVIEW!!!!

9. Chapter 8: Jezebel, take 2 by Willow25 [Reviews - 0] (4517 words)
Angel's chapter, coming soon. For now, though, Jezzie is the voice for what I need to say. The narrator is mine, most of the characters aren't. I am making no profits from this work, and intend no infringement to Joss, Mutant Enemy, Fox, WB, UPN, or any others. Please don't sue, or I'll send the bratty little kid in the apartment above mine after you. Also, if you're enjoying this, a few reviews would make my day. Please be kind.

10. Chapter 9: Angel by Willow25 [Reviews - 0] (4405 words)
The characters aren’t mine. I suspect you knew that. Also, some dialogue is bastardized from the episode ‘Not Fade Away’. I am making no profits from this venture, so please don’t sue. I see enough lawyers at work.

A/N: I'd just like to take a minute to thank everyone who reviewed, and those who have stuck it out and read each chapter. This has been a much more daunting process than I'd imagined, and knowing that there are people paying attention has really helped. Also, Kate, many thanks for suggestions, listening while I babble about the plot, and calming me down when I wig. You're Shiny!

11. Chapter 10: Staging by Willow25 [Reviews - 1] Liked (8250 words)
I’m thrilled that so many people have read and enjoyed my work. I’ve never written an ensemble cast this large all in first person before, so it's been a creative journey on several levels. I like to think I’ve been able to give the characters each their own voice.

Up until now, each chapter has had one narrator, and most have been divided into three sections. This chapter will be divided into shorter sections, and each will have a different narrator. Hopefully it’s not too confusing. The narrator will be named at the head of each section, as per usual.

And an additional disclaimer: I actually picked a name off the hospital website for a doctor in this chapter, as I seem to be running out of creativity when it comes to naming my ever-expanding cast of characters. I mean no infringement on his life; and as I have never met him, the character likely bears no resemblance to the real person, and it is not intended to. If you are him, or have met him, and feel that he is being represented unfavorably, I apologize.

12. Chapter 11: First Strike by Willow25 [Reviews - 0] (5261 words)
A/N: As in the previous chapter, there will be multiple narrators. Also, some borrowed dialogue from "Not Fade Away". Please enjoy, and if you do, or even if you don't, review me!!!! It helps me to build the story, to overcome writer's block, and to know I am appreciated.

13. Chapter 12: The Battle Begins by Willow25 [Reviews - 1] Liked (4023 words)
All kinds of quotes and paraphrasing from 'Not Fade Away', no copyright infringement intended, Mutant Enemy owns it all.

14. Chapter 13: Then Other Stuff Happened by Willow25 [Reviews - 0] (5349 words)
More fighting. More demons. More rain. Sorry for the delay between posts, please review.

15. Chapter 14: The Bad and The Good by Willow25 [Reviews - 0] (4078 words)
The timeline at the start of this chapter goes back to a few hours before the previous chapter ended. I hope it's not too confusing.

Warning: This chapter includes more extreme violence & blood-n-guts than previous. Also, there's some grown-up words. If that bothers you, or you are too young to see those things in movies, please step away from the fic.

16. Chapter 15: The Battle Ends by Willow25 [Reviews - 3] Liked (4051 words)
This was supposed to be the second half of Chapter 14, but I split it for length. That adds at least one chapter to my projected story length. God help us all.