Author's Chapter Notes:
my very first anything so please be gentle. I will finish but this may take some time. There will be no explicit scenes but gentle mention of non- regular relationships.
I have re-edited this as a nice reviewer pointed out that it needed betaing.Many thanks
Disclaimer . I own nothing, this is for entertainment only. If Spike was mine he'd never be allowed to wear a shirt
Willow sat at the table enjoying her coffee. The hot Italian sun beat down on the square and the fountain gave off a lazy noise as it splashed over the figure of a dolphin. Coming to Rome to stay with Buffy and Spike after the hell of the battle with the senior partners had been a splendid idea.
Willow thought back to the moment when Giles had received the phone call from Lorne telling him about Angels plan to bring down the LA part of Wolf Ram and Hart.
Immediate action had alerted covens, slayers and what was left of the watchers all over the world. The coven had been in contact with all available slayers, then helped Willow to teleport them into the alley as the demons had rushed the two vampires. Over 100 slayers plus witches and known fighters had appeared from nowhere and had joined the raging battle. Even Riley had managed to get there with his men. Shamans from his black ops group bringing them in. Balance had been preserved and another small item on the news had told of a gangland battle with both groups high on PCB.
Now they could all rest. Angel was gone he went off with Nina, the wolf girl after seeing Buffy hold onto Spike so tightly obviously so much in love. She had been stroking and kissing his demon face and hadn’t even noticed when Angel turned and walked away.
Willow had accompanied Buffy and Spike back to Rome where Dawn was waiting. Tears were shed and old arguments made up. Dawn had spent the night just holding onto Spike crying.

Giles was busy setting up the new watchers council under Faith and Robin’s scrutiny. A fair deal for slayers had been the first priority. They even got wages. Large amounts of money had been found in numerous accounts, more than enough to ensure no slayer would have to work in a Burger bar to survive, much to Buffy’s relief and anger. The hardship of carrying all the responsibility for so long had made her almost glad that Travers was not around. She wasn’t supposed to kill humans!
Then Willow and Kennedy had split up and that had been bad, but even Spike had helped Red through it. Then Xander had come back. Fit tanned and gorgeous with a girl, um Slayer, on his arm. She was blonde and also very fit in all ways. That had caused a few problems to start jealousy and the like but then one drunken night the three of them had ended up sleeping it off in the same bad then one thing led to another and now they were together. The three of them and so very happy.

So there Willow sat and enjoyed the feeling of the sun on her face and the taste of fresh coffee. Nothing could bother her here she thought. She could just be.

Rachael watched from the dress shop. She had been looking through some very naughty nighties and hoping that Willow and her other lover would like them as well. A tall broad shouldered man with athletic appearance was standing in the corner watching her as she looked through the scraps of silk. He appreciated a pretty girl fingering lingerie and spent his time picturing it on her or her friend across the square his one good eye appreciating the beauty around him. Xander had changed. A year or more in Africa had honed his body and rid him of all the puppy fat. He was now sculpted and got as many admiring glance as Spike did. Rid of the jealously of being the group clown he had grown into his manhood confidently. Caring for the new slayers had given him a place and to have Rachael and Willow both appreciate him was a dream come true. Part of his heart would always be Anya’s but he knew that of all beings she would appreciate the fact that he was giving happies to two ladies as they gave happies to him. Willow had finally got him, just not in the way he had imagined. His gift to the group was his vision. He could see right to the heart of a problem, or to the heart of someone’s motives and when he truly used his gift on Spike for the first time, the love that shone from the Vampire had nearly blinded him in his one good eye. As the darkness in Angel had always blinded, him he thought ruefully. Xander was a changed man and was grateful for the change. He turned to see a man approaching the redheaded witch’s table; there was something off about the way he walked. All predator, and if it wasn’t for the fact that it was broad daylight his senses would have screamed vampire.




A shadow crossed Willow’s book and made her look up. Despite being in the bright sunshine all her senses were screaming Vampire. But it couldn’t be could it? The ring of Amara had been destroyed. Willow checked his hands to look for the ring nonetheless. She took note of a ‘ tall dark and handsome’ type looking down at her. He was wearing a very expensive suit and very dark sunglasses and was a fine figure of a man even if not to Willow’s tastes
‘ Miss Rosenberg?’
Willow nodded. And started to draw in the magics to protect herself if necessary.
‘May I sit down’?
Who ever this was he certainly was well mannered. Wonderful she was about to become a midmorning snack for a very cute and well-mannered vampire. It was better than a rude one she supposed.
‘Firstly I mean you no harm I promise, I am a gentleman and keep my word; nor will I harm any of your friends.’ He looked about the square. ‘It is beautiful here isn’t it? I love coming to Rome; have you seen the Villa Faresina? It has some wonderful paintings you might enjoy. To see Rome fully you need a good guide, a local, ah but you have Miss Summers don’t you and Lady Carrington?’
That last name confused Willow
‘Who’
‘Lady Carrington, Lord Carrington’s wife; Buffy’ he explained. Seeing the look of confusion on Willow’s face. ‘William, Spike, which name does he use now?’
‘Lord Carrington? Spike never told us! We never knew!’ Willow though about Spike, still back at the apartment with Buffy, enjoying some alone time, thought about his rough speech, cockney accent and punk image. Spike a Lord, and she started giggling
‘Oh dear: I seem to have let slip a secret. I do so hope he’ll forgive me.’
The waiter appeared. The stranger signalled for more drinks, but Willow shook her head, ‘No more coffee for me, one is enough or I go all blah, and caffeine Willow is not a nice thing’
He pointed down at his own place and then gave a start. ‘How bad mannered of me I haven’t introduced myself. I give you my name.’ Knowing the power a name held Willow started to relax. ‘Charles Richards at your service, gave a little bow before pulling out a chair and, with Willow’s consent, sat down. A very strange vampire she thought, if a vampire at all.


Across in the shop Xander noticed the man sit down at Willow’s table.
‘Rachael, you better take a look here.’ Rachael turned round to her lover; his voice had gone low and growly as if trouble was coming.