Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Buffy the series, ATS or any of the characters associated with it, they all belong to Joss Whedon and the associated companies.
The Bluest Eyes

Buffy sat on the floor behind the counter of the small fashion boutique. Her knees pulled up to her chin, her arms tightly hugging them as she looked up at the clock. 9:53 pm. Getting up she quickly dusted off the back of her jeans and put the ‘closed’ sign on the door before putting on her CD into the store stereo player and listening as soft music floated through the speakers throughout the whole store.

She had eagerly taken the job at the small, popular establishment a year ago thinking it would be fun, she’d learn something about how to look feminine, that maybe people at school would stop making fun of her if they found out she worked here. Fat chance. It had only gotten worse, a few new subtle outfits, this new job, hair color change and the jokes and comments were at a maximum. Especially since she chose to work in one of the fashion boutiques that the popular bitches recently frequented. Also known as the bane of her existence. Every other day they’d go shopping, and come to her work, sometimes they didn’t even buy anything. They just came around for the jokes.

So now she was in the same place, after the store closed listening to her music from the store speakers and missing the Christmas dance at her school. What was the point of going? Willow, her best friend, had a date and even after the red heads pleas for her to join them she chose not to. She didn’t particularly feel like being the third wheel. The other option was going stag and sitting at a table alone (or with the nerds who would kill to have a girl sit with them) and be made fun of by Drusilla and her crowd for the entire night.

Drusilla had everything. The friends, the looks, the social status, a rich daddy, and the guy. William ‘Spike’ Pratt to be exact, the most gorgeous, sweet, popular guy she’d ever seen. Technically they weren’t dating but everybody, including Dru, was saying he had asked her to the dance. There was no chance she could compete with that, she wasn’t nearly pretty enough as Dru and not as popular by a long shot. She had found out about her feelings for Spike today and made sure he found out all those things.

*earlier that day*

Buffy shut her locker with a quiet thud and sighed miserably as she noticed that Drusilla and her groupies were approaching her rapidly so there was no chance she could have sped off unnoticed.

“So I hear you like Spike.”

She froze. How could she possibly have known that? “W..why would you think that?”

Damn that stutter.

She rolled her eyes and flipped her hair over her shoulder as a small crowd started to gather around them interested to see who she was currently humiliating. “It’s obvious.” She drawled in her thick English accent. “You stare at him like a fool, of course it would be obvious.” She glanced down at her nails before pulling out a black journal with the white outline of a butterfly on it which Buffy instantly recognized as she gazed on in horror. “And I found this.”

“Give it back Drusilla.” She said quietly. Her eyes quickly went to a flash of bright blonde that was walking their down the hall, one scarred eyebrow raised questioningly at the large crowd.

Instead, she flipped it open to one of the most recent pages and started to read for everyone to head. “..I see him everyday, and I can’t help but cling to the hope that those beautiful sapphire eyes will turn in my direction just once, maybe if I was like those other girls…”

Drusilla stopped reading it and looked at me, but my eyes were fixated on Spike who’s blue eyes were locked on mine. How bloody ironic.

“As if you could ever be like me.” With those loathsome words she broke the eye contact with him, as her eyes filled with tears she grabbed her journal and ran. Leaving Drusilla standing behind with a satisfied look on her face.

*present*

Tears filled her eyes as she recalled the events vividly in her mind. As if you could ever be like me… She pulled her knees up to her chin once again.

***
Spike looked around the lavishly decorated gymnasium. Face white Christmas tree’s adorned the corners and sides, white lights handing from the ceilings, fake snow all over the ground, and he didn’t notice any of it. He was only looking for one person.

A hand ran up the side of his arm and he turned around to see Drusilla. “Hi Dru.”

She gave him a ruby red grin and he could barely restrain rolling his eyes and scowling at her. Stupid cow.

“Want to dance?” She smiled seductively as she trailed her hand lower to the hem of his jeans indicating that she wanted to do anything but dance.

“No thanks. I’m actually looking for Buffy.”

Wrong thing to say.

She scowled taking one step back, to his relief. “Why would you be looking for that loser? Didn’t you hear what she had written in her little book, it was just revolting. I mean the thought of someone like her with someone like you is disgusting.”

Fury blazed in his eyes. “No Dru. The thought of me with someone like you, is disgusting.”

***
Sneaking past the security guard as everyone else was busy exiting the mall which was now slowly closing Spike stuck to the shadows looking around for the small boutique. Smiling when he finally saw the blue neon letters on black drawing him in, he walked up to the door and frowned at the closed sign. Great she was already gone. He paused and listened for a few seconds, there was music playing inside, she had to be there. Turning the handle quietly he grinned when it opened, looked like the she had forgotten to close up.

He looked around the store quietly walking closer to the counter, just when he was about to call her name he heard the quiet sniffles from behind the counter. Looking down he saw Buffy sitting there, knee’s pulled up to her chest, face down on her knees and crying, it nearly broke his heard. Dru was a bloody bitch.

“Pet?”

Her head shot up surprised not only to see someone there, but him.

“Why are you crying?”

She quickly wiped at her eyes. “No reason, I’m fine. What are you doing here?” She looked away, not able to meet his gaze as she remembered the private passage Drusilla had read about him out loud.

He frowned moving around to the other side of the counter and sitting down in front of her and tilting her chin up. “I came to see you.” His hand lingered on her cheek for a few seconds before dropping to his side.

Some people live for the fortune
Some people live just for the fame
Some people live for the power, yeah
Some people live just to play the game
Some people think that the physical things
Define what's within
and I've been there before
that life's a bore
So full of the superficial


She looked at him surprised and shocked as Alicia Keys ‘If I ain’t go you’ started to play softly. “Why? The dance is right now, and didn’t you hear what Dru read today? And everyone was saying you asked her to the dance.” This time she met his gaze with her determined one, wanting to understand.

“Dru’s a bloody bitch and she’s the one that made that rumor about me askin’ her out.” He leaned forward, his face inches from hers. “Besides, I wanted to be with you on Christmas.”

Some people want it all
But I don't want nothing at all
If it ain't you baby
If I ain't got you baby
Some people want diamond rings
Some just want everything
But everything means nothing
If I ain't got you, yeah


Her heart skipped a beat and her breathe became labored. This didn’t happen to her, only in her wildest fantasies. Now their faces were so close she could feel his breath on her mouth and smell his cologne, the next thing that always happened in her fantasies was…

He leaned forward and brushed his lips against hers sweetly waiting for her to respond. Hearing her soft mewl in response as she started to kiss him back only made him deepen the kiss, his tongue brushing against hers as she surrendered completely, her hands going behind his neck and winding through his thick curls as his hands slid up and down her waist.

Some people search for a fountain
That promises forever young
Some people need three dozen roses
And that's the only way to prove you love him
Hand me the world on a silver platter
And what good would it be
with no one to share
with no one who truly cares for me


He pulled back after a while, both of the breathing heavily. “Merry Christmas.”

She smiled. “Definitely.” Pulling him down by the caller she crushed her lips to his making him groan in need as the music plated in the background, the outside lights of the shops starting to go out.

Some people want it all
But I don't want nothing at all
If it ain't you baby
If I ain't got you baby
Some people want diamond rings
Some just want everything
But everything means nothing
If I ain't got you, you, you
Some people want it all
but I don't want nothing at all
If it ain't you baby
If I ain't got you baby
Some people want diamond rings
Some just want everything
But everything means nothing
If I ain't got you, yeah


****
A/N: Happy holidays everyone! ^.^ (I might re-do this later on but right now I'm jsut going to leave it as is)