Summary: COMPLETEDBuffy joins the military and heads off to Basic Training. The Boot Camp experience can be rough enough to endure, but there’s something, or rather someone that will make her time spent becoming a soldier ten times worse - a Drill Sergeant sent straight from the bowels of hell that takes an instant dislike to her mere presence............. Spike. He’s evil, he’s mean, he hates her but even worse... he lusts for her. This is not a military fic or even a fic about the military. The Army serves only as the backdrop-setting to the story, so don’t shy away from reading. Winner of Best Fantasy at Love’s Last Glimpse Awards, round 19. Spuffy Awards Round 13: Judges Choice; Most Original Plot, Best Fantasy Saga. Readers Choice: Best Fantasy We Missed the Bed Again. Judges hand picked for special acknowledgment. Cradle of Humanity awards: Winner - happy workers awards, runner up - best smut
Rated: NC-17
Categories: NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Adult Language, Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 21 Completed: Yes
Word count: 141678 Read: 88666
Published: 01/17/2007 Updated: 10/09/2007

1. Welcome to Hell by Im_bloody_English [Reviews - 109] Liked (7075 words)
Okay, on this story there’s a lot I need to say so I’ll try to keep it brief, but PLEASE read. First, for those that don’t know, I served in the US Army and went through much of what you’ll read (boot camp, the yelling, the physical torture, ahem, training). That being said, in no way am I trying to be disrespectful of OR towards any aspect of the military by using the setting I chose for this fic. I have the utmost respect and admiration for the soldiers and military lifestyle. Hell, I’m still experiencing it, though now as just a spouse living on a military base. I simply couldn’t resist trying something different for a fic and of course, when we get there, the nc17 parts do NOT really happen in the real military – at least not that I’ve ever heard anyway. It’s just a fic, for fun, where I’ve twisted things to make it spuffy - Spike is a total A-hole and Buffy has no choice but to endure his wrath. For those who are familiar with the military lifestyle, I’ve left a lot of the many, many, many details of certain things out on purpose. There’s so much I had to include, (to familiarize those who’ve never been around this sort of atmosphere), with the workings of the military that it would be too much like a class lecture to include it all. I wrote only what I felt necessary and no, I have no deep government secrets to reveal, sorry. This first chapter will read ‘dry’ in some parts and I’m sorry for that. Some explanations are needed in order to get into and appreciate Buffy’s new world so I hope everyone understands. After this chapter, there won’t be those long descriptions. Tons and tons of comedy in this fic and a butt-load of sexual tension before the dam breaks. My one ‘command’ for the reader: Please enjoy the spirit in which this was written with... spuffy. Special thanks goes to Kitty again, for the drool worthy pic, smoochies to you hon - you're a GODESS. Thank you Dusty and Beasleysmom for all your help.

2. To Serve or Get Served by Im_bloody_English [Reviews - 59] Liked (5767 words)
Can I just say thank you to everyone who left reviews? I mean WOW, you guys are awesome, you really ROCK. I was a bit hesitant about posting this story but the muse was insistent. After reading everyone’s thoughts... the muse went crazy, feeding off them. Now, he’s rubbing his tummy and burped up another chapter for ya. I’m really ramping up the tension through Spike’s mean personality so be forewarned, he’s a right bastard in this one, no holding back. You’ll learn to hate him just as much as Buffy does, but that’s what their relationship is going to be like for quite some time, love/hate. I hope everyone enjoys chapter two and again, thanks so very much for all the lovely reviews, big smoochies. Hugs and kisses to Karbear57, Dusty273 and Beasleysmom for all your wonderful help. And of course Kitty, for the yummy pic.

3. A Stayfree Moment by Im_bloody_English [Reviews - 54] Liked (5918 words)
What can I say but to send a huge thanks out to everyone. I really got psyched over the amazing reviews everyone left for chapter 2. It made my day and my muse jumped up and down excitedly with ideas, forcing me to type like a madwoman to finish chapter three. Thank you Dusty273 and Beasleysmom for all your help, as always, I couldn’t do it without you.

4. To Win the Battle but Not the War by Im_bloody_English [Reviews - 57] Liked (7847 words)
Hi there, sorry I’m a tad late with this chappy. I had some RL obligations this past week that needed dealing with and it’s held me up a bit. We’re gonna slow down again to focus on a 24 hour period in which Spike comes to realize something important. Thank you Dusty and Beasleysmom for all their help... this chapter is for Karbear57, smoochies to you hon.

5. Cold Shoulder by Im_bloody_English [Reviews - 59] Liked (4194 words)
This chapter is for Kitty, who created the fic’s lovely cover-pic, Happy Birthday girl. A huge thanks to all the readers, I’m continually surprised and elated over the reaction this story has received. You guys/gals are the best and I really appreciate that you all took time out of your day to let me know your thoughts. Smooches to all of you. Thanks Dusty273, Karbear57 and Beasleysmom for all your help, huge hugs.

6. One Good Day by Im_bloody_English [Reviews - 81] Liked (6452 words)
Warning: Along with some crude language, I’d like to remind everyone that their relationship is still very much one of a love/hate nature and the time for fluffy spuffy is not at hand until MUCH later down the road. All that being said, I do hope you enjoy the chapter. Humongous heaps of thanks goes to Beasleysmom. I was fortunate enough that she was in a foul mood on the day I discussed the argument Buffy and Spike were to have. She supplied the ideas, I merely weaved the words around it – so I hope you like it as it serves as the catalyst for what happens afterwards. Special thanks to Karbear57 and Dusty273 for the help in beta’ing this chapter.

7. Rules of Engagement by Im_bloody_English [Reviews - 62] Liked (6322 words)
The battlefield is quite different now as our two stubborn soldiers meet again to wage war – they so love to hate each other. Hope you all enjoy the laughs. This chapter is for Beasleysmom who was a major help in the banter department. Girl, you are the ‘smart’ in the smart-ass remarks arena, *giggles*, luv ya. Thanks to Dusty273 for beta’ing for me – you’re the best sweety. I promise to answer reviews but it may take me some time since I’ve posted chapters to all 3 of my stories within a 24 hour period.

8. A Battle of Wills by Im_bloody_English [Reviews - 51] Liked (8373 words)
First off, I’d like to say thanks to whoever nominated this story over at Love’s Last Glimpse Awards, I fell out of my chair when I got the email. I’m very surprised because I realize this story is kind off the beaten path from your typical spuffy fic. I’m very honored and pleased that someone thought enough of it to nominate, thank you so much very much. This one is for Dusty273 – who gave me a lot of extra help beyond editing when I got stuck. You’re the best lady, smooches. Sorry for the late update, everyone. It doesn’t appear as if life is going to slow down for me any time soon – hopefully in a month. I wanted to make sure that I remained consistent as far as the length of chapters before posting. I could, potentially, post more often but the chapters would have to be much shorter in length and you guys have been so great about this story that I wouldn’t want to cheat anyone by less action and more cliffies. I will however, still continue to ‘leap through time’ as it were, because it wouldn’t be realistic to span the story out over a short time period – at least not with the way our couple is at present. Some of you may wind up hating Spike in this chapter, but it’s kind of intentional. If you’re not highly amused by his stupidity, then you’ll most definitely be disgusted with his behavior - sorry. He is still very much a bastard and I’m purposefully painting him that way with a specific goal in mind that of course I can’t say right now. Spike is and will be for some time yet, a clueless, thick-headed, arrogant, typical male. There are no true feelings of love between these two as of yet... attraction??? Yes, most definitely. There may be, if you look hard enough within the text, the barest of hints of the beginnings of something close to feelings every now and then, yes – written on purpose, but that’s all. It’s not realistic for them to hop in the sack and go all gooey with love for each other at this point. Each has a lot to learn, especially about the other before love can bloom. I hope everyone enjoys the laughs.

9. Know Thy Enemy by Im_bloody_English [Reviews - 54] Liked (5308 words)
Well, I surprised myself by completing another chapter much sooner than expected and a lot of that is in part due to Beasleysmom help – you rock woman. It’s much shorter than last because of the length I suspect the next chapter will turn into. Fun, laughs and some seriousness for a slight change that needs to take place is what you’ll get here in chapter 9. A side note/question to the readers... do you know what the official Army slogan is whenever they advertise? Most do, but if not, you may want to look it up before reading, *winks*. You’ll understand when you get there, trust me. Thank you Dusty273, Beasleysmom and Karbear57, smooches. Please read the ending author’s note before reviewing, some very important information/explanations is contained there that I couldn’t place here without giving spoilers away. Thanks. Grab your favorite drink and relax while you read, I hope everyone enjoys.

10. All's Fair in Love and War by Im_bloody_English [Reviews - 66] Liked (9649 words)
I think my muse is a serious review slut because his reaction to all the wonderful reviews you guys left had him putting out this weekend and I mean in a major way. So, after spending the entire weekend shut in the house from bad weather, he really kept me writing and writing and writing – btw, I’m sorry but I promise to answer all reviews from the last chapter, hangs head in shame – it was either that or focus on bringing you an early post. When he finally finished, I was very tempted to break this chapter up, BUT, I decided against it because I feel I owe you guys an ultra-huge chapter jam packed with laughs aaaaaand, yes, a smidgeon of spuffy luvin. Thank you, all of you, from the very bottom of my heart. This chapter is for all the readers – you guys are awesome. I’ve included a link (which you can either copy/paste in another window or right click to open in a new window) to a song I use in the latter half of the chapter. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, bolt.com is completely non-cooperative in providing embedded links (my luck I suppose), but if you’ve never heard the song, I highly suggest checking it out because the beat is extremely sensual, it’s completely up to you. Also, I only included some of the lyrics as the song is quite long. Thank you Dusty273 and Beasleysmom for all your help – you two are THE best.

11. Treading Through Uncharted Territory by Im_bloody_English [Reviews - 63] Liked (6029 words)
None really other than to enjoy and of course thank you Beaselysmom and dusty273 for all your help, smoochies.

12. Dining With the Enemy by Im_bloody_English [Reviews - 57] Liked (7371 words)
VERY IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ: If you are following Jolynn’s story ‘Beneath the Shadows of Evil’; Jolynn’s SO emailed me the other day at her request to let me know that she is currently quite ill and under a Doctor’s care with orders to rest. She asks that you please remain patient and not to expect any updates for at least two weeks or until she recovers, thanks. As for IAN:





Last chapter we saw a turning point as our couple had new information they had to think on about the other. This chapter is more of a transitional nature and I do so hope you enjoy the read. It shouldn’t be too long before I post again (3-5 days, depending) as next chapter is currently more than half written. A big holla-out to my girls Dusty273 and Beasleysmom for their help and to Karbear57, luv you girl, sit back and enjoy, smooches. You guys/gals have been absolutely fabulous in your reviews and I can’t tell you how much I truly appreciate them. It’s enlightening to hear your thoughts and often gives me things to think on, concerning story/character direction/development, that I may not necessarily have considered and in saying so, you – the readers – often spark wonderful ideas to include – thank you so much for that. Quick FYI for those that aren’t familiar with the term ‘chiggers’ (as it will appear in this chapter). Chiggers are these pesky six-legged wingless organisms (larvae) that grow up to become a mite, found in tall grass, weeds & woodland edges primarily in the southern US and in other countries. Ask any service member, they’re synonymous with military folk who go to the field quite often and come back with lots of these little buggers burrowed beneath their skin. Sounds nasty, but they’re more of a nuisance and easily taken care of.

13. Enemy Mine by Im_bloody_English [Reviews - 61] Liked (10224 words)
There’s actually a lot I wanted to put into this authors note but unfortunately I can’t. I’m on some super potent pain killers right now (feeling really loopy here) from having a root canal this afternoon so I must be brief or suffer sounding like an idiot because I can barely type right now let alone think. Just know that I hope you all enjoy the chapter and I tried my best to make it a long one jam packed full of action, banter and of course, *winks*, those moments our couple needs most on the road towards love. Have a wonderful week, hugs.

14. In the Arms of a Soldier Part 1 by Im_bloody_English [Reviews - 29] Liked (5406 words)
There's two parts to this chapter since my muse went over the 10,000 word limit, oooops! Okay, I’m going to apologize right off the bat for not having posted sooner and for not having answered all reviews from the prior chapter. It took me four days of being on those pain meds after my root canal and let me tell you, I couldn’t have written my name if my life depended on it. However, it’s not the only reason for my recent absence from my spuffy duties. For those unaware, my doting husband bought me a house for Xmas before returning to Iraq and it’s currently being built. If you’ve ever been through the experience or know someone who has, you’ll know the constant appointments, decisions, meetings with vendors and various types of walk-thrus that are a constant. With the closing date coming up next month and the fact I’ll be moving in shortly afterwards, I’ve had something going on almost everyday for the last couple weeks. Add to this the daily responsibilities of caring for my children and managing a household on my own and I’ve been tad overwhelmed and mentally exhausted. I just wanted everyone to know so that you understand why I haven’t been on top of things here lately at TSR and again, I’m sorry. As soon as this chapter is posted, I’ll be going in to answer all reviews and get caught up. On this chapter, well, I think you can guess what’s coming, pun intended, so no need to go into too much here. Thanks to Dusty273 and Beaselysmom for all their continued support and help, smoochies. Quick fact as this item will be mentioned in the chapter: ‘hundred-mile-an-hour tape’ is the military’s green colored version of duck tap. Thanks for being so patient with me and I hope everyone enjoys the chapter, huge hugs from me and my naughty muse. A huge thanks for the prezzie of a pic created by bloodylovepoetry that I posted as well. I’m such a dumb bunny when it comes to creating links sweety and I just didn’t figure it out, sorry. Here’s the link to her works, however, and let me tell you, this girl has some serious talent. http://www.dark-desire.org/blp/

15. In the Arms of a Soldier Part 2 by Im_bloody_English [Reviews - 80] Liked (5144 words)
PLEASE BE ADVISED that this is Part 2 of ‘In the Arms of a Soldier’ and I’ve posted them together so you’ll need to read chapter 14 first or it won’t make any sense, thanks and I hope you enjoy.

16. Home Soil by Im_bloody_English [Reviews - 56] Liked (7738 words)
Thanks again to whomever nominated this fic over at LLG. It won Best Fantasy – woo hoo! As you can guess, I’ve been uber busy the closer I get to moving. So busy that again, *ducks head in shame*, I haven’t answered all reviews. Hopefully everyone can understand and bear with me. Until I’m moved and settled, I simply won’t have the luxury of a normal schedule.


I do hope everyone enjoys the chappy and oh, the answer is yes, Buffy went on the pill. I just didn’t deem it necessary to include/write about it. Thanks to Dusty273 for your help sweety, hugs and kisses to you my friend.

17. Extended Leave Part 1 by Im_bloody_English [Reviews - 17] Liked (5241 words)

18. Extended Leave Part 2 by Im_bloody_English [Reviews - 49] Liked (5394 words)
See part 1 - previous chapter

19. A ‘Course’ of ‘Obstacles’ by Im_bloody_English [Reviews - 46] Liked (6683 words)

20. Chapter Out by Im_bloody_English [Reviews - 52] Liked (7597 words)

21. Labor Day by Im_bloody_English [Reviews - 79] Liked (7946 words)
Yup, this fic is officially finished - woo hoo! But alas, I truly am sad to see it end. It’s the one story above all others I hold dearest to my heart. Funny enough, writing the B/S dialogue was the best part because the fun and playful banter between Buffy and Spike pretty much depicts the relationship my husband and I have. If you were a fly on the wall, you’d swear we hated one another with our smart-ass comments, but it’s the, ahem, *spice* of our marriage, *snickers*. The pic I used in this chappy is by the amazing and talented bloodylovepoetry, thank you so very much sweety for letting me use it. (Her website: – www.dark-desire.org/blp/ - gah-worthy stuff, folks.) This last chappy I dedicate to Beasleysmom for being such a HUGE help... luv ya, girl, smooches. And I could never forget my dear and darling friend Dusty273 for always being there for me, huge hugs to you sweety. I’ll be taking a much needed break and lay low for a bit (perhaps a month) to get a few chapters written on WDMC as well as my other plot bunnies I’ve been working on lately before I post again. Not to mention I could use some reading time with all the lovely fics out there I’ve been missing – winks to Xela – can’t wait to finish Twinlets, *squee*. I hope you all enjoy the final chapter of IAN. Important:

For those who aren’t aware yet, there’s an author who recently had to pull her work from TSR in order to protect her job security - a total bummer but it had to be. If you were following one story in particular, which you’ll recognize even as I’m nicknaming it ‘Shadows’, she hopes to write a summation to post under my penname as a sense of closure for the readers but it won’t be for awhile yet as she broke her finger just this past Friday and typing is too difficult right now.