Author's Chapter Notes:
So, I finally got the courage to start posting this story. This is the first time I've tried writing something other than a one-shot and I'm kind of nervous about it 'cause I wasn't too sure that I could do it. On that note I want to thank Tammy and Bekah Leigh, endlessly, for reading over some of the chapters and their encouragement and in telling me that this doesn't completely suck, lol...

I'm rating this 18, though in all honesty the chapters will vary from U to NC-17 so I will try to rate them appropriately.

And as always, reviews, constructive criticism, suggestions and/or ideas, are very welcomed and very much appreciated :)

Disclaimer: Don't own. Didn't happen.
Prologue: Everything’s Changed

Pregnant.

She was pregnant.

Riley Finn had dumped her and now she was pregnant.

'Guess he left me with more than just a goodbye fuck.'

Buffy Anne Summers stared at herself in the bathroom mirror. She didn't look pregnant. She didn't even look any different than she had a year ago, or a month ago, or a week, or a day, or even an hour ago. Her hair was still a honey blonde, her eyes just as green, skin just as tanned. Her lips still shimmered with her Very Berry lip gloss.

Staring down at the life changing, white plastic stick, it's two pink lines standing out from it's paleness, she knew that beyond her golden tan, beyond hair or eye color, everything had changed.

Even if she didn't look it, everything about her had changed.

She was going to be a mom now.

'Oh, God, what am I going to do?...'






Chapter One: Less Than A Minute



The timing is cruel
I need and don't want to need
More than I should...

My sheet is so thin
So I say I can't sleep because
It's so very cold

But I know what I need
And if you were just near to me
Would you go...

I am falling, say my name
And I'll lie in the sound
What is love, but whatever
My heart needs around

And it needs you too much now

~Trespassers William, Lie in the Sound




"So Buff, you exited?" Xander Harris asked his friend as they passed the 'Welcome to Las Vegas' sign.

"Yep!" She smiled brightly, if just a bit falsely.

Xander looked into the rear-view mirror and smiled at the sleeping forms of his best friend Willow and her cousin Tara.

They had all decided to take a trip to Las Vegas to celebrate Buffy's 21st birthday to try and cheer up their friend some.

After her boyfriend of two years had left her for another, "more experienced," woman, Buffy had been moping around the Maclay / Summers' residence.

She'd hardly speak to anyone and the only one who could course her into coming out of her room, and into the land of the living, was Tara's mom, Joyce, and the promise of her famous hot chocolate.

The first time Xander had seen her smile, since college boy hit the road a couple weeks back, was when they had suggested a trip to Sin City itself.

He guessed Buffy saw it as a chance to be free, to be someone different, if just for a little while.

Because as the commercials said, whom she had quoted in a way that overexcited wouldn't begin to describe: "What happened in Vegas, stayed in Vegas."

Hey, if it put a smile on her face, who was he to disagree?

Xander glanced at Buffy's face, a bright smile firmly in place and her eyes aglow from the casino lights.

'Yeah,' he thought, 'this weekend is going to be a memorable one.'






William Pratt, Spike to his co-workers and some of his friends, sat at one of the tables in the back of Nyx Night Club. No one to keep him company but the dark beer in his hand.

His friend and co-worker Liam Angelus, Angel to his close friends, had buggered off with his girl, Cordelia Chase-Angelus, an hour before and had left him to his lonesome.

Spike sighed, brought the bottle of imported beer to his lips and took one last swig. Setting it back down on the table he stood up and reached for his jacket. Slipping his arm in, he took one last look around the club.

That's when he noticed her.

She was standing at the bar talking with what he guessed was her friend, and looking to have a bit of fun, if the row of shot glasses, some empty, some not, in between them had anything to say.

He took in her full lips, bright eyes, and shiny hair. Her small frame encased in satin and leather.

He smirked, fixing the collar of his jacket and made his way towards the bar.

A gasp and a strangled yell broke him from the thrall the brunette beauty had him in and he look down to see a very cute, very flustered blonde yelling at him.






Buffy pulled the wet fabric of her favorite, probably ruined by now, blouse away from her body.

She had been heading back to her friends, a strawberry margarita, virgin, in her hand, when somebody had very roughly bumped into her, making her spill the fruity drink all over herself.

"Why don't you watch where you're going?!" She yelled and looked up.

'Figures,' she thought when he seemed to ignore her, his eyes glued to something, 'or someone,' at the bar.

Buffy looked down at herself and at the stain quickly forming on the white silky fabric.

"Ugh!" She growled, then pouted, before looking back up at him. "You jerk!" She half yelled and he finally looked down, his lightning blue eyes meeting her green ones.






Spike met the gaze of the blonde woman for a few seconds before his eyes trailed down to her very wet blouse, then to a very empty margarita glass in her hand.

"I'm sorry," he apologized when he realized what had happened. She rolled her eyes and turned to walk away.

She had only taken a few steps when she felt his hand wrap gently around her arm. She stopped and waited for him to face her.

"I'm sorry," he repeated, locking gazes with her. "I really am. Let me pay for the dry cleaning?" He offered.

"What's there to clean?" Buffy scoffed. "It's ruined."

"Then let me replace it." He smiled gently. "Please? It's the least I can do." Buffy held his gaze, seeing the honesty in his face and smiled softly back.

"Okay." She said and took the business card that he offered her.

Spike watched as she sidestepped him, his head turning to follow her as she made her way to the table where her friends awaited. She motioned to her blouse, and he blushed as she vaguely pointed in his direction, before picking up a small, black, leather jacket and heading towards the exit and out the club.

It took him less than a minute to follow.


~*~


Like it? Hate it? Should I quit? Go on? Let me know and make my day, lol :D