Author's Chapter Notes:
This is a fic that I started a while ago and it got away from me but I'm going to finish it up
*Young girl, get out of my mind
My love for you is way out of line
Better run, girl,
You're much too young, girl........*

Chapter 1

"Will you hurry up Willow, there is an art to being fashionably late. It’s like an exact science, or something like that," Cordelia said impatiently, tossing her raven hair over her shoulder.

"So what are you, an artist or a scientist?" Buffy mumbled.

"What did you say," she questioned Buffy with narrow eyes. Cordelia turned to the quiet red-head and asked, "did she just call me a bitch?"

That question caused the two women to stop and stare at Cordelia’s quickly fleeing form. "Ladies, come, come. Fashionably late, remember?" She threw over her shoulder. Willow smiled shakily at Buffy.

"I don’t know, guys. I mean, how are we going to pull this off. I mean hello loving the scank wear," she said paused to look down at her black mini." But there has to be more to being twenty-one than dressing like, well like you Cordelia?"

Cordelia stopped and looked at Willow and Buffy and said, "I’ll have you know that what you so inanely refer to as ‘scank wear’ happens to be the height of fashion in Paris. I personally purchased this dress from a highly regarded fashion designer. And no, I won’t tell you her name because I don’t like dropping names. But do you have any idea how much my father paid for that blouse that you poured that cheap perfume on?

"Come on Willow," Buffy said quietly, "lets get in and then we can ditch Miss ‘Height of Fashion’."

"I heard that." Cordelia said, as she started towards the brightly lit building which was currently pumping hard music into the night air. The three young women walked towards the crowded entrance of the night club. Willow began nervously wringing her hands. Buffy discreetly touched her and Willow epped quietly. Willow had been running ‘worst case scenario’ in her head all day at school. The latest involved her and her friends, a tattooed man in a dress and a stolen SUV. It was thoughts like that, that were making her very uncomfortable--well that, and the impossibly high heeled boots she had borrowed from Cordy’s closet. Willow reached down to rub her throbbing foot.

Buffy on the other hand was almost jumping up and down in her excitement. She had been hearing so much about this night club that she was willing to do almost anything to get in, or in this case pay anything. Buffy opened her purse and pulled out her shiny new ID card. She looked down at it for the millionth time, pleased with the quality of the forgery. Cordy’s ex-boyfriend, Xander, had a friend, who had a friend, who had a brother who was a whiz with computers and also happened to own a laminator. For a cool $100.00 he was able to make you twenty-one years old in fifteen minutes. "Most excellent," Buffy whispered.

"Now remember ladies," Cordelia said drawing her two friends close. "We are sophisticated college women, who have come to do a little dancing, a little non-alcoholic drinking and a whole lot of flirting. We are not, however, high school nerds. Understand. Which means don’t embarrass me Willow." Cordelia took out her compact and started fixing her already flawless face.

"Hey."

"Hey yourself, remember Michael Mountcastle’s birthday party?"

"My goodness, we were twelve Cordy, let it go." Buffy said, looking skyward as they moved closer to the front of the building.

"I mean no one told me there would be clowns. They should have put it on the invitations," Willow stated. "And hey, as long as there isn’t any in there we are of the good." Willow beamed sweetly at her friends as they finally got to the front of the line. Cordelia turned to the bouncer and flashed her megawatt smile at him and he quickly let the trio through the door.

Buffy turned to the bouncer and asked icily, "aren’t you going to card us?"

Cordelia grabbed her friend’s hand as Willow said to the thick necked blond man, "she took a really awesome picture."

As the three women stood in the entryway, Buffy was still grumbling about the bouncer not checking her ID. "He didn’t get how much I paid for this thing." She looked down at her hand and wondered briefly if she could get her money back. As she raised her head to survey her surrounding, she couldn’t help but smile. Out on the dance floor were about a hundred tightly packed people shuffling around to the strong techno music. She looked over to the bar and watched how swiftly the bartenders ran from one end of it to another.

"I can’t believe how easy it was to get in. I mean, hello teenager here---" Willow began.

Cordy looked at Willow incredulously and turning to Buffy said, "Two minutes. She’s going to get us booted out of here in two minutes. I knew I should have brought Amy instead." Willow looked sheepishly at Buffy and Cordelia shrugging her spaghetti strapped shoulders.

Over at the bar William ‘Spike’ James stood, downing shots with his house mate Angel O’Farrell. "What you need my friend, is to find a warm body from this virtual smörgåsbord of babes. You," he pointed a finger into Spike’s chest, "have been alone far too long." Angel leered at a group of women as they walked by them. "Ladies," Angel said raising his glass. As the woman continued on their way, Spike could hear them giggling.

Spike sighed as he signaled the bartender for yet another drink. "Well, it’s wonderful that you can just fall over and there’s a bird underneath you. But there’s a bit of a difference between twenty-one and twenty-seven, mate. I’ve had my fill of meaningless relationships. It’s about time for me to start thinking of settling down huh?" Spike asked smiling wistfully in the mirror behind the bar.

"Angel whistled to himself as he ran his hand through his chocolate brown hair. "Dude, just because you’re thinking of settling down doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t still window shop." He smirked at his friend and gave him a nudge. At that moment one of the women from the earlier group of ladies circled the duo again, making eye contact with Angel. "Excuse me but I've got to get this," and with that Angel was gone.

Spike watched his friend get swallowed up by the crowd of people and, not for the first time, wondered what the hell he was doing here. This was definitely not his thing. The drinks were too expensive, the music too current, the girls were-- his eyes caught sight of a slender blond and he felt his chest tighten. "Bloody hell," he breathed.
The blond was standing with a nervous looking redhead and a stunningly beautiful brunette. And while the room was overflowing with attractive woman, the sight of that petite blond actually made his head hurt. She was wearing a green silk slip dress that shimmered under the disco ball suspended above the middle of the dance floor. Her hair was long and piled high on her head. In her hand was a mix drink and he could tell that she was an inexperienced drinker. Every time she took a small sip out of the cup she pulled a face that made him want to laugh.

Willow suddenly turned towards Buffy and whispered, "Don’t look now but there is this totally hot guy checking you out. Over by the bar--I said don’t look!"

Buffy stood trying to look at the guy without actually looking at him. "What does he look like Will?" she yelled over the music. "Is it the guy with the blue shirt, or maybe the one with the long pony tail, just don’t let it be the one with the light blue member’s only jacket. Oh just forget it." Buffy turned around to stare into the bluest eyes she had ever seen. She felt her face heat up as she took in his shockingly blond hair, his tight black mock turtleneck, and killer cheekbones.

"Beautiful," they murmured simultaneously.

Cordelia looked at the handsome stranger and then at Buffy. "How about making it really obvious and wave, Buffy" Cordelia glanced back at the bar and murmured under her breath, "hotness on the move." She brought her drink to her lips and took a sip as she casually stepped aside.

Buffy stood wide eyed as the blond began to slowly ambled over to her. "What do I do, Willow?

Willow cut her eyes at Buffy and said "Eep."

"Right back at ya," Buffy said under her breath as they watched the gorgeous man approach.

"Good evening ladies, the name’s Spike."