Author's Chapter Notes:
A huge thanks to my Beta Jnharrow
William ran a nervous hand through his soft brown locks. “A-are you sure this is okay?”

“Will, buddy trust me. We are invited to this party.” Xander smiled patting his friend on the back reassuringly.

“You were invited,” William countered looking up the walkway towards the large, stone mansion, as a group of drunken teens shoved past them.

“I asked Anya and she said to bring you. Now stop being so nervous. Everything will be fine.”

William gave his friend a weak smile and nodded. He was anything but reassured, but he knew how important tonight was to his friend and he didn’t want to do anything to ruin it. Xander had only been dating Anya for a short time and tonight was their first public appearance together. Anya was fairly new at their school, but because of her wealth and good looks had quickly become one of the popular crowd.

William and Xander had been best friends since he had moved here three years before. They’d never been considered anything but losers. The only time any of the popular kids had even spoken to William was when they needed help with their schoolwork. Things seemed to be changing for Xander though and William knew he had to be here for his friend. However, he couldn’t shake the feeling that some of the other kids would not take too kindly to their presence at the party.

The door opened just as they approached it. William cringed when he saw Parker Abrams. “Hey guys, sorry to disappoint you but this is a private party,” he slurred.

Xander grabbed his arm just as William started to back away. “I know. Anya invited us.” Xander informed him.

“Parker, get out of the way you jackass.” Anya barked, shoving past the boy. “Hi!” she beamed, launching herself into Xander’s arms.

William shifted uncomfortably as the pair made out in the doorway. Xander reluctantly broke the kiss and motioned toward his friend. “Look who I talked into coming with me.”

Anya smiled warmly at William. “Hi, welcome to the Jenkins estate. Xander and I will be back in a bit; I need to show him something impressive in my room.”

“What do you need to show me?” Xander asked confused.

“Me…naked,” Anya smiled pulling Xander towards the stairs.

Xander shot William an apologetic smile as the blond dragged him up the stairs and out of sight. William sighed, silently wishing he had never agreed to come.

“Oh my God, who invited the bookworm?” William heard a girl whisper to her friend.

“I don’t know, maybe someone needed a tutor.” The other girl giggled.

Williams face reddened. He knew he couldn’t stay here. He turned quickly towards the door, not noticing the inebriated girl behind him until it was too late. William closed his eyes as the dark crimson liquid poured down the front of him.

“Oh my! I’m so sorry,” he scrambled to grab the glass before it fell to the ground.

“Whatever…geek,” the girl spat, as she went dancing past him into the next room.

William looked down at his khaki pants. He simply could not go home with wine all over the front of his trousers.

Making his way through the crowd, he finally found the kitchen. “I beg your pardon, but do you have any sparkling water or maybe a Tide to go stick?” He asked a girl leaning against the counter.

The girl looked up through her smeared mascara and handed William a small plastic cup. “What is this?” William frowned at the small cup filled with blue gelatin.

“Drink it,” she instructed.

William scrunched his nose up, but did as she instructed, after all he liked Jell-O. After handing him four more, he finally put his hand up. “Really I’m full, now can you tell me where some sparkling water is please. I need to get this stain out before it sets.”

The girl simply smiled then leaned over the trashcan and proceeded to throw up. William’s eyes widened. He stepped immediately forward out of concern. When she appeared to be finished, she straightened back up and wiped her mouth with the back of her hand then staggered towards the dance floor. He stared after her in disbelief. Near the dance floor, he spotted a bottle of seltzer on the bar.




Buffy walked out the French doors in search of her boyfriend. She hadn’t even wanted to come to this stupid party. Every weekend it was the same scene, all of her friends getting drunk, acting stupid and then feeling crappy the next day. It was all getting pretty boring. She wanted more. Riley had insisted they come, saying it was the blowout of the year. Now he’d been missing for the last hour. Buffy just wanted to go home.

She heard giggling coming from the pool deck and was about to turn around and go back inside when she heard her boyfriend’s voice. “Well…we have been talking about seeing other people.”

Buffy narrowed her eyes walking around the corner into view. Her boyfriend quickly let go of the blond when he saw her standing with her arms crossed. “You’re right, Riley, we should see other people…starting tonight.” She said, then turned and stormed into the house.




William carefully poured the soda water onto his handkerchief, not noticing the angry blond hurry by him. He did, however, notice the scent of jasmine that followed her. He knew that smell anywhere, Buffy. He looked up just in time to see a flurry of blond curls brush past him.

He stood watching enthralled, as she joined her friends on the far side of the room. She was a goddess, the epitome of perfection in William’s eyes. How many lines of poetry had he dedicated to those entrancing eyes, her alluring scent, and the golden locks that fell over her perfect, tanned shoulders? How many nights had he stroked himself to completion as her name fell from his lips? William suddenly felt dizzy. Surely it couldn’t just be her that was having this effect on him. He found a chair in the corner of the room and sat down, reluctantly going back to his task of removing the stain from his pants.


Buffy plopped herself down on the couch next to her friends. “What are we playing?” She asked, picking up any available cup and drinking it down.

“Whoa there, missy,” Cordelia said snatching the empty cup from Buffy’s hands, “we are playing seven minutes in heaven and you can’t play.”

“Why not?” Buffy pouted, grabbing another full drink off of the table.

“Because you have a boyfriend, ” Cordelia reminded her friend.

“Not anymore.”

“Hey, if blondy here is playing then count me in,” Parker announced, pulling up a chair.

Buffy was about to make a snide comment when she noticed Riley’s arrival at the table. “Great, I’ll go first.”

“Buffy can we talk…please?” Riley implored.

“Nope, I’m playing a game.” Buffy smiled, spinning the empty bottle.

A small crowd gathered around the table. It was no secret that there had been trouble in paradise for the Captain of the Football team and the head cheerleader, but everyone was waiting, curious to see the outcome of the blonde’s spin.

Parker let out a whoop when the bottle pointed just to his right. “That’s me! It’s closest to me,” he leered, grabbing a tube of breath spray from his pocket.

Buffy panicked, she would rather lick the bottom of her shoe than spend a single second alone with Parker Abrams. “N-no, it didn’t land on you…it landed on him.” She pointed. The crowd turned to see William in the far corner of the room diligently dabbing his pants with soda water.

Parker erupted in laughter, “That nerd? He isn’t even playing.”

Buffy sprang out of her seat, making her way over to William. “Sure he is…he just doesn’t know it yet.”

William smiled in satisfaction as he worked the last of the crimson liquid out of his trousers. He giggled, still feeling lightheaded from the liquor he had unwittingly consumed.

“You wanna play a game?” He heard a voice say.

He looked up and there she was, Buffy’s smiling face, right there in front of him. He opened his mouth and closed it again, unsure if he should speak. Was this a dream? He was scared to move, couldn’t even breathe, so he sat frozen in his chair staring into her emerald eyes.

Buffy giggled as she saw his cheeks turn bright pink. She could tell he was too flustered to speak. “Nod yes if you want to play a game.”

William numbly nodded his head, and clearing his throat, he attempted to speak. “A game…I don’t know how…”

Buffy held out her hand, “Trust me,” she smiled.

William took her small hand, reveling in the warmth of it. He followed her back through the crowd to the game table. He wasn’t sure what he had just agreed to but he didn’t really care. Buffy Summers had just taken him by the hand. He would follow her to the ends of the earth.

“See…he is playing,” Buffy announced.

William could see the fury in Riley’s eyes and began to panic. “W-what do have to do?”

“You have to spend seven minutes in the closet…with Buffy,” Cordelia giggled.

William look at Buffy as his eyes widened in fear, “D-doing what?”

Buffy saw the terror in his eyes as well as the rage in Riley’s. She tugged William close and smirked “Anything you want.”

William swallowed hard, not able to remove the lump that had formed in his throat. He knew going in that closet could cause him to get beaten into a bloody pulp by half of the football team, but his body betrayed him as he allowed the small blond to lead him through the door.

The closet was black, William couldn’t see a thing. Maybe we’ll just stand in here. He thought to himself. There was a click as Buffy locked the door behind them. He felt small hands touch the side of his face. Or not.

“There you are,” Buffy giggled, wrapping her arms around his neck, playing with the soft brown curls at the base of his neck. A shiver ran down his spine, feeling her breath on his neck.

“Um…Buffy I don’t…”

“You know my name?”

William couldn’t stop himself from smiling at the surprise in her voice. The darkness and the alcohol making him bold he answered “Of course I bloody well know your name…how could I not?”

Her giggle sent a warm feeling all the way through him. “W-we don’t have to do anything. I know you don’t really like me.” William sighed.

“Maybe I do…William.” Buffy whispered before standing on her toes, brushing her lips against his.

William gasped, both from the sensation and shock. Buffy slipped her tongue in his mouth, gently teasing the corners of his lips and then moving to caress his tongue with hers. His hands involuntarily moved to her hips as the kiss deepened. William moaned against her lips as she pressed her hot little body flush against his. His hands, as if of their own volition moved to her lower back, pressing her against his straining erection.

The realization of his aroused state hit him like a freight train. He panicked, quickly breaking the kiss and stumbling back against the wall of the closet. “I-I’m sorry. I didn’t mean…”

It took Buffy a moment to recover, she had been caught up in the kiss and her head was still spinning. She smiled and stalked towards William. “You didn’t mean to what? To kiss me?” She asked reaching out to find him in the darkness. William flinched when her hands, her small hands slid down his stomach and cupped the large bulge that had formed in his pants. “…or you didn’t mean to poke me with your big spike?

William’s eyes rolled back in his head. This has to be a dream, he kept repeating to himself just before Buffy’s lips came crashing down on his. Where the other kiss was sweet and passionate, this one was demanding and urgent. Tongues and teeth tangled as her hand stroked his cotton covered erection. William tangled his hands in her golden curls, clinging to her desperately. He was trembling with need, as he whimpered helplessly at her ministrations.

Buffy ignored the knock on the door as she kissed and nipped her way down his neck. She could tell by the tortured moans and rocking of his hips that he was close. She had never felt so turned on by simply touching someone. Soon the knock at the door became fierce pounding and yelling, but she was too far gone to care.

“Oh God I’m gonna…”William gasped.

Buffy smiled against his throat as she gave his throbbing erection a firm squeeze and bit down on the soft flesh of his neck. William came with a roar bucking his hips wildly against her hand.

His head fell back as he panted breathlessly. He felt Buffy pull his button down from his pants and whisper, “There, now no one will notice.”

Fear flowed through him as the reality of the world outside of the closet door came crashing down on him. “Oh God…”

“Shhh,” she whispered against his lips before kissing him soundly. “Thank you. That was…wonderful.” She smiled before turning to unlock the door.

Light flooded in the small closet as Buffy took his hand and led him out the door. William immediately saw Xander’s smiling face greeting him, as well as that of one enraged football player. Buffy quickly stepped in front of her boyfriend turning her back on him and directing her attention to Xander. “Will you make sure he gets home okay?”

“Uh…sure” Xander smiled taking his friend by the arm and leading him towards the door. Once in the car Xander shot smirk towards his friend “So, Will, you want to tell me what exactly happened back there?”

William smiled shyly, leaning his head against the cool glass of the window letting out a sigh “Seven minutes in heaven.”