It was bright now and warm all around her. She scarcely remembered the pain of her fall through the proverbial keyhole of dimensions. All that was left now was such a gentle pulsating happiness that filled everything.

She turned herself over reveling in the softness of her bed. Never has a mattress been so soft and squishy yet firm. It was heaven sewn together just for her. The sheet was silken and cool to the touch. Tiny happy shivers ran down her bare skin at the caress of the fabric as she moved her legs around.

Slowly, as if waking from a pleasant dream that was quickly fading away, Buffy opened her eyes.

She gazed about her room and took in the joy of a new day. Out her window Buffy saw blue skies with great big puffy clouds mulling about. Green grass was growing in everyone’s lawn.

Everything was right. Everything was normal.

As she walked to her closet Buffy stopped to look at herself naked in the mirror. Her skin was flawless not a scar or mar to be seen. Nothing at all left to remind her of the ordeal that she no longer even remembered.

Dressed now and stopping once more to look in the mirror to make sure every hair was in place like it should be, Buffy opened her door to go downstairs for breakfast.

“Oh sweetheart I’m glad your awake. I just got done making your favorite breakfast. Please sit down and let me warm up the syrup for you.”

Her mom was always up making Buffy breakfast. It was like she was 5 years old again and though she wasn’t sick it sort of made her feel like something wasn’t right. Not that anything could be wrong of course. As long as she had her mom and her sister everything was right in the world.

It was a simple gift but Buffy really but it seemed like such a very long time that she had a night out with her friends. More than anything she wanted right now to go see how they were doing.

“Buffy dearest you better get going before it gets dark.”

Buffy threw a quick glance out the kitchen window. The sky had gone from blue to a deep golden bronze. The clouds, once white, where mostly yellow with pink outlines from the setting sun. It was probably the best sunset ever seen by anyone. Even the birds beginning to roost chirped happily after the setting sun.

Her mother was right; it was the perfect time to go out to The Bronze with the whole gang. They were probably already all there waiting for her. Willow and Tara sitting in the comfy couch exchanging ideas for fun spells. Xander and Anya sitting at one of the raised tables debating whether Darth Vader or the Easter bunny would win a wrestling match. Giles sitting comically in the corner trying to read a book over the din of whatever band was hired for the night.

She paused just long enough to finish her pancakes before letting her mom and sister walk her to the front door. Over her shoulder Buffy looked back to their smiling faces as they waved goodbye. Buffy smiled and blew them a kiss and walked down the quickly darkening drive.

The sun had just completely set and a beautiful nighttime breeze picked up the savory smells of the town around her. Fresh cut grass, just cooked dinners wafting out the windows and something that caught her attention enough to stop her from her pleasantly downhill walk.

Cigarette smoke.

“How come you never come see me in the day time?” She inquired to seemingly no one.

A tall handsome man jumped down from a tree nearby. He wore all black. His hair a rather violent shade of white compared to his dark clothing. In his hand he held a cigarette, just lit. It always seemed like he had fresh cigarettes.

“Well I’m a vampire luv. Got some sort of aversion to that big sparkly thing. Besides I don’t think I’d look good in a tan anyway.”

“Ooh a vampire? Shouldn’t I be scared of you then? Big bad fangy monsters aren’t good for us little girls out here in the dark.”

Buffy put on her most adorable innocent face and looked into the big soulful eyes of her undead companion.

“Bugger that, you could break me in half before I’d hurt you. You know that. Nothing can hurt you here Buffy.”

She giggled a little at him. He tilted his head to the side and smiled real big at her. He loved her laugh. It was pure music to his ears. He loved how she could feel so comfortable around him and he felt at peace around her.

The breeze blew a lock of her hair out from behind Buffy’s ear. Spike leaned in brushed it back for her. His cool hand sent another ripple of electricity down her spine and she leaned into his hand partly for balance partly because she wanted more of him.

He was all to willing to comply. He pushed his hand through her blonde to the back of her head where he pulled her in gently to his chest. His other arm came around to hold onto the small of her back partially lifting her into him. It was the pure definition of a hug. Her whole body felt him around her yet inside she yearned for more.

As if completely on the same wavelength, the tall vampire kissed her on the forehead and pulled away from her just enough to open the door of the car near by.

“How about go somewhere a little more indoors pet.”

Pouting a little but not really upset Buffy allowed him to let go and open the car door for her. She got in without a fuss and watched him round the car to get in himself.

The drive was unbelievably short before they had arrived at his crypt. Inside it was just as dusty as she imagined it would be. A vampire lair is never complete without a big coffin and a generous helping of dust and cobwebs after all. Holding her hand Spike led her through the less dusty parts of the upper level of the room to the back where down a ladder was the true living area.

Though his heart may not have beat in over 100 years the romance Spike put in the room downstairs took Buffy’s breath away. Thousands of candles were lit along the walls and covered windows. They covered the tables where there weren’t any rose petals scattered about. A path of the petals led the way from the ladder to a bed on the floor against the far wall. And soft music classical music played from a record player in the corner.

Leading her on still making sure she enjoyed the sight yet didn’t catch her beautiful white dress on fire Spike led her to the black satin covered bed. She looked up into his eyes then. Her left hand reached up to trace a line around his face. Steadily it flowed down to his lips where he gently kissed her finger. It flowed down to his neck where it met up with his shirt.

Buffy, never taking her eyes off of his, pushed off his duster from his shoulders. It was far to warm even for such a nice looking coat. It fell to the floor in a pile at their feet and became unnoticed. She reached up with both her hands lifting his shirt up over his head until she could reach no further past his elbows. She took a moment to kiss him passionately along a line on his neck while he was stuck. Her gentle sucking drove him wild.

With infinitely patience Spike stood there and let himself be played with. Nothing would have made him stop her from her game. It was bliss for him as much as it was enjoyable for her. Her body’s warmth up against him made him feel alive once more. He had been dead so long.

Tired of her own horribly slow game Buffy gave into the animal force driving her inside to continue. She pulled his shirt off the rest of the way and used her lips to attack his. The force of her lust sent them both falling onto the soft satin sheets of Spike’s bed. She straddled him between her thighs almost daring him to try and run away but knowing he would have nothing of that. She unbuttoned her dress on top of him slowly swaying to the soft music in the background.

He reached up lightly stroking her thighs, going up along her hips and waist, and still upward to the curve of her breasts. For a moment he stopped, and teased her nipples with his thumbs through the fabric of her bra but continued his upward journey till he met her shoulders where he pulled down the sleeves of the dress.

Buffy felt didn’t care that her dress fell into a bunch around her waist. She was lost in the moment of pure joy being nearly exposed to the man beneath her. Slowly, she reached down and stroked his sides, dipped in to pinch his nipples playfully. She smiled and reached up unclasping her bra.

His eyes didn’t look down at first. He wanted to make sure there was no hesitation or fear in her before he took in the sight of her half naked body. She smiled at him and leaned forward to hold onto his wrists above his head. Her breasts swayed down over his face and he took a moment to kiss and suck onto a nipple.

An animalistic moan escaped her mouth and she could take it no more. Buffy reached down and unfastened his belt, then his pants. Everything was so clear and sharp every sense of hers was tingling. His cool skin touching under her. His deep caring eyes looking at her, pleading with her to continue. His steady breathing matching her own perfectly. She pulled down his pants along with what dress she still had on.

“Flowers pet?”

Buffy looked down at the last scrap of clothing remaining. They were her favorite cotton panties printed with bright colorful flowers straight from the psychedelic sixties. They seemed so ludicrous right now.

She pushed forward a bit on top of him grinding down on his completely naked body on purpose before slipping off her underwear. The friction caused an already aroused Spike to spike up even more. All of the candles must have contributed to the warmth of his body because when she backed down he entered her and it was like en explosion of heat inside her body.

A gasp, a moan and sigh and escaped her lips all at once. A look of pure surprise and ecstasy painted across her face. No one had ever filled her so completely perfect like that. He made her feel complete. Warm. Loved. Everything was good and loving here and he just multiplied it by infinity.

His arms entwined around her pulling himself deeper inside of her. His body and hers writhed passionately for what seemed like days. Moans of lust drowned out the music. They were constantly rubbing and caressing each other. Long and slow powerful thrusts gave way to franticness. The walls were closing in. The lights becoming dimmer. The only thing either could sense was one another. Their passion seemed limitless. Intense, powerful emotion suddenly erupted in Buffy and she screamed with it.

Buffy awoke and it was dark. She couldn’t feel Spike beside her. As if it were all a dream she began to forget little pieces. Was she with Spike? Were they in his crypt? Where was she?

Buffy panicked. She tried to move but found she was in a small box. It was lined with soft dull material. Oh god she was in a coffin. Was she dead? She did the only thing she could do, claw her way out.