[Reviews - 660] LikedPrinter
Summary: spuffy awards readers choice best romance awards altered 1 William is in a monastery wondering about his future when fate takes a hand and he and his cousin are taken in a viking raid. Set a millenium ago
Rated: NC-17
Categories: NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Action, Horror
Warnings: Violence, Adult Language, Sexual Situations, Rape
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 58 Completed: Yes
Word count: 124253 Read: 80316
Published: 10/28/2007 Updated: 11/03/2008

1. Chapter 1 by jamies_lady [Reviews - 7] Liked (1500 words)
An historical fic set in the period I know best. Hope you enjoy
For my new friend Linda, I hope she's reading. she really made my day, please review, they mean so much to the authors and it only takes a minute

2. chapter 2 by jamies_lady [Reviews - 10] Liked (1117 words)
many many thanks to my nice kind reviewers, dusty, ariadne and cordykitten
they made my day.

3. chapter 3 by jamies_lady [Reviews - 13] Liked (2031 words)
Thank you so much for my amazing reviews and reviewers. they literally drove my muse to the keyboard
Hope you enjoy the update
I had a review questioning , politely, my research. They doubted the amount I said the Vikings had got etc.
For a paying hobby I research for and lecture at museums, in Viking history. So here is a very small part of my work

Lindesfarne is somewhere between 5 days and three weeks sail out from Norway, there were Vikings based in Orkney, Shetland Scotland and York in this time period, To go Viking meant to go raiding, The Northmen were also traders and business men who traveled as far as Russia and Istambul. there was a distinct trade route up both the east and west coast of the UK during the viking periodThe Isle of Mann, Dublin and The Wirral on the west Coast, York and other cities on the east. Lindesfarne was hit quite a few times, with the monks seeking shelter with the King of Nothumbria. Where i live in Britain is two days sailing to Lindesafrne and four days out of bergen, and Trandheim, Norway, as proved regulaly. a haul like that, gold silver and slaves would be considered a good summer's pay. The Curdale hoard weighs 40 Kg ( about 90 lb) that could be carried easily by two or three men, hack silver was used as currency, and a penny weight (there are two hundred and forty to the LB) would buy you 16 chickens so the Curdale is 345,600 chickens worth, about £ 172,800 in today's money:) $that's $3,456,000 so not bad for a couple of months work. Slaves were expensive as well and ransoms would have been done in silver.
The ship would have had about 30 people on board, and would not be equiped to carry more than a four or five prisoners
http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/programmes/vikingvoyage/
will give you a picture of the ship, and the woman in full viking kit under 19 th july is me
hope this answers the questions

4. chapter 4 by jamies_lady [Reviews - 9] Liked (2292 words)
Wow the reviews I received really made my day, many many thanks.
One extra note, this fic is dated around 900 AD, anything you may have read to the contrary is a product of me doing two lots of research at the same time, sorry

5. chapter 5 by jamies_lady [Reviews - 12] Liked (1999 words)
thanks for the amazing reviews. this story really seems to be a hit. hope you enjoy the next chapter, but please read the warnings

6. chapter 6 by jamies_lady [Reviews - 9] Liked (1248 words)
many many thanks to my kind and generous reviewers, they make my day. hope you enjoy this update

7. Chapter 7 by jamies_lady [Reviews - 7] Liked (1915 words)
seven reviews!!! they made my day.
I have used the place name Trondheim, the proper name was Nidaros in 907, so for the scholars, I apologise, to the rest I used the modern name so you could look up where it was.
enjoy

8. chapter 8 by jamies_lady [Reviews - 9] Liked (1899 words)
many thanks to my faithful reviewers and I hope that all the Americans had a lovely Thnaksgiving

9. Chapter 9 by jamies_lady [Reviews - 9] Liked (2568 words)
thanks to my wonderful reviewers. hope you all enjoy the new chapter, if anyone wants the receipies, just let me know, I have them all:)

10. chapter 10 by jamies_lady [Reviews - 8] Liked (2441 words)
Many many thanks for my kind reviews. They really make the work worth while.
Hope you enjoy the spuffyness to come

11. chapter 11 by jamies_lady [Reviews - 11] Liked (1562 words)
many thanks to Ariadne, Cordykitten, Midnight Girl, Fyreburned, Pyro63, and Darkrivertempest for their kind reviews. they really made my day.

12. Chapter 12 by jamies_lady [Reviews - 8] Liked (1785 words)
many many thanks to
Cordy kitten, Jenn, Darkrivertempest, fyreburned, dusty, pyro63, midnight girl, sam kim and ariadne for the wonderful reviews, hope you all enjoy the next bit.
there won't be many updates over Christmas, the children get to the computer first most days:)

13. chapter 13 by jamies_lady [Reviews - 8] Liked (1747 words)
many many thanks to cordykitten, jenn, dusty, pyro, my perfect muse, ariadne and midnight girl for taking the time and trouble to review. They make my day.
hope you enjoy the new chapter. i will update when I can RL permitting.

14. chapter 14 by jamies_lady [Reviews - 7] Liked (2596 words)
many many thanks to my reviewers
jo, Ariadne, cordykitten, ffyreburned, midnight girl, Dusty and Debbie. you guys rock
i hope you like the next chapter

15. Chapter 15 by jamies_lady [Reviews - 11] Liked (2083 words)
this chapter didn't want to be written. i have fought my muse and the children to bring it to you.
My thanks to Dusty, cordykitten, pyro, fyreburned, Ariadne and midnight girl for taking the trouble to review. they really help my muse.

16. chapter 16 by jamies_lady [Reviews - 10] Liked (2087 words)
thanks for all the amazing reviews. here is the next chapter. I am finally over my traditional christmas illness and am back typing, so update should be along regularly

17. chapter 17 by jamies_lady [Reviews - 9] Liked (3256 words)
thanks as always to my beta. Hrolf, who tames the puncuation monster for me, and turns my scribbles into English.
Thanks as well to those who have reviewed. It means such a lot to me to get them.

18. chapter 18 by jamies_lady [Reviews - 10] Liked (2470 words)
A lot of this chapter is taken up by one of my favourite Norse myths. hope you all enjoy.
For fyreburned. hope you have a better time soon
thanks for all the reviews and please keep 'em coming they make my fingers work much faster

19. chapter 19 by jamies_lady [Reviews - 8] Liked (2980 words)
The amazing banner is by Ariadne. Many many thanks, its wonderful
many thanks as always to my wonderful reviewers.cordykitten, I'm bloody english, dusty and spacelord, gdo, darkrivertempest, djonie, midnight girl, and mrs P. they mean a lot and make my day.


History lesson. The word Pink did not appear in english until the late 17th early 18 century. the colour was named for the flower:)

20. Chapter 20 by jamies_lady [Reviews - 10] Liked (2248 words)
many many thanks to Ariadne for the amazing banner, hope you all like it.
You all reviewed so nicely, and thank you all very much.
I'm bloody english, ariadne, midnight girl, darkrivertempest, pyro63, gdo, dusty and cordykitten
please take a second and review. it means so much to us.

21. chapter 21 by jamies_lady [Reviews - 10] Liked (2356 words)
this chapter is just a little interlude.
my thanks to Ariadne for the banner and thanks to my kind reviewers

22. Chapter 22 by jamies_lady [Reviews - 9] Liked (2704 words)
OK here we go again, masses of thanks to ariadne for the banner of course
and thanks to my wonderful reviewers
marsbar, juli, midnightgirl, fyreburned, dusty, darkrivertempest,I'm bloody english and cordykitten
and Darkeyedseer, it was great to hear from you again.

23. chapter 23 by jamies_lady [Reviews - 9] Liked (2067 words)
Ariadne is responsable for the amazing Banner I got lots of reviews and some time at the computer so here is the latest chapter. hope you enjoy.



please review..I'm greedy I would love to get 10 for this chapter...warning Angst is on its way




*Palfrey: a term to denote a riding-horse, not a breed. Nordic horses were – and are – a sort of big pony in size and build. Icelandic ones have a “fifth gear”, between a trot and a canter.

24. chapter 24 by jamies_lady [Reviews - 10] Liked (1562 words)
I got seven reviews, so far, and broke the 200 barrier:)
here's the next chapter, its a bit shorter though. enjoy

25. chapter 25 by jamies_lady [Reviews - 10] Liked (3234 words)
There are two main A/n's quays... there are a lot of discussions as to whether or not Vikings ad em. I'm going with the yes camp cause i like the imagery!!


Secondly...I know this is a spuffy site, and this is not the end of the story, I love reviews, they really make me type faster, but I will not appreciate rudeness about how this chapter ends.
heavy on the angst

26. chapter 26 by jamies_lady [Reviews - 10] Liked (1760 words)
Thanks for all the wonderful reviews. my muse is feeding off of 'em like you wouldn't believe.
Thanks to Ariadne for the banner...next update should be sunday

27. chapter 27 by jamies_lady [Reviews - 9] Liked (2120 words)
I got loads of reviews... many many thanks. They really do mean a lot. more please. I'm a review junkie... they make my muse work harder as well

28. chapter 28 by jamies_lady [Reviews - 10] Liked (1755 words)
wonderful reviews and I think my muse is on drugs she types so hard at the moment.
my Thanks to Hrolf for betaing
and thanks to Ariadne for my wonderful banner

29. chapter 29 by jamies_lady [Reviews - 10] Liked (1462 words)
many thanks to cordy kitten, dusty, fyreburned, caia, IBE, midnight girl and Ariadne for taking the time to review.
A change of pace. My thanks to Aradne for the banner

30. chapter 30 by jamies_lady [Reviews - 9] Liked (2044 words)
my thanks to my wonderful reviewers:-
Mrs P, danii, midnightgirl, ava, IBE, fyreburned, ariadne, cordykitten and dusty. Here is the next chapter dedicated to those kind people who made my day

and thanks to Ariadne for the banner

31. chapter 31 by jamies_lady [Reviews - 9] Liked (2001 words)
many many thanks to I'm Bloody English who helped beat this chapter into submission...and did a brilliant job. you rock girl and I am so grateful

Thanks to Ariadne for the banner

Warning involves threesome sex..( Now you know why i needed IBE)

32. chapter 32 by jamies_lady [Reviews - 9] Liked (2446 words)
hope everyone enjoys the next chapter. the postings will slow down a little, RL is rather busy at the moment.

my thanks to those who reviewed. it really is wonderful and the only payment we get for entertaining you

33. chapter 33 by jamies_lady [Reviews - 9] Liked (1885 words)
right, time to own up. I made an error, and as far as I'm concerned a big one!!!
The King of Mercia was Athelred not athelstan. I have changed it in this chapter. sorry.

thanks to Ariadne for the banner and to all those people who take the time to review

34. chapter 34 by jamies_lady [Reviews - 12] Liked (2087 words)
my thanks to those who are kind enough to review. I hope you are still interested. The next update may be a while as I have visitors coming.

My thanks to Ariadne for the banner

35. chapter 35 by jamies_lady [Reviews - 12] Liked (1685 words)
I’ve been nominated!!!

Many thanks to whoever thought I was good enough to be nominated

Sunny D awards Story: Dark Sail on the Horizon
Categories: Best AU, Best Plot, Best Romance, Best Unfinished
http://sunnydawards.dragonydreams.com/nominees.html


Spuffy* Best Fantasy Saga
* Best Fantasy Romance

Voting and judging for Round 14 will begin April 01, 2008 (http://spuffyawards.jaded-paradise.net)
I have been doing the snoopy dance ever since

Thanks to all my amazing reviewers. you make my day when you give me that feedback.

A chapter for you all, don't know when the next one will be, still got visitors

36. chapter 36 by jamies_lady [Reviews - 9] Liked (1527 words)
hi folks I'm back. visitors are away and I've been nominated. please head over there and show all the authors your support

37. chapter 37 by jamies_lady [Reviews - 14] Liked (1276 words)
Thanks as always for the amazing reviews. They really make my fingers work harder.

38. chapter 38 by jamies_lady [Reviews - 14] Liked (1272 words)
just for fyreburned cause she nagged

39. chapter 39 by jamies_lady [Reviews - 11] Liked (1649 words)
thanks as always to those nice folks who take a moment to review. I have answered every one. and Hope you all enjoy the new chapter.
and of course amazing thanks to who ever it was who nominated me for the Cradle of Humaity awards.

40. chapter 40 by jamies_lady [Reviews - 17] Liked (1967 words)
my special thanks to fyreburned IBE Nicka, thundercat, gdo,Dusty and midnight girl, Mrs p and cordykitten, and Ariadne who took the time to review.

I am told the pace of this story is too slow for some people, well life was slower then. Fighting for your people isn't always done with knife and sword, sometimes it is with grind stone and loom, just making sure those who owe you alligence are fed and watered. I am trying to show the real life, not hollywood history that has three battles and a romance inside 90 minutes.

Hope you all enjoy the next chapter

41. Chapter 41 by jamies_lady [Reviews - 22] Liked (2637 words)
Fifteen reviews, wow you guys rock. Hope you enjoy this extra long chapter

42. chapter 42 by jamies_lady [Reviews - 24] Liked (2100 words)
don't you love me, two updates in two days:) 19 reviews will do that for you..more reviews = quicker updates, honest

43. chapter 43 by jamies_lady [Reviews - 30] Liked (3022 words)
21 reviews. you guys really have made my day. this is the last bit I have hidden on my comp so the next update will be about a week. enjoy. don't forget reviews really do make the fingers go faster.
and don't forget to vote on the stories you like. It is something very special for he authors to know how much you are enjoying their work

44. chapter 44 by jamies_lady [Reviews - 15] Liked (2901 words)
I had an amzing number of reviews and each and every one was read with joy. many thanks to you all.

45. chapter 45 by jamies_lady [Reviews - 16] Liked (4270 words)
a double length chapter becuse everyone waited so nicely. sorry its been a while, Real Life has thrown a couple of curve balls in my direction. But I am getting back to the writing

46. Chapter 46 by jamies_lady [Reviews - 17] Liked (2063 words)
thanks for all the amazing reviews. Finally the next chapter of Dark sail. Sorry its been so long, but my muse refused to play after RL hit her hard

47. Chapter 47 by jamies_lady [Reviews - 18] Liked (2627 words)
My thanks to those who reviewed last time....my muse is starting to play nicely again

48. chapter 48 by jamies_lady [Reviews - 11] Liked (1433 words)
many many thanks to those kind enough to review. my muse is finally listening and working again, all be it slowly. hope you all enjoy the next chapter

49. chapter 49 by jamies_lady [Reviews - 16] Liked (1537 words)
We are galloping towards the end of this story and my muse has woken up from her hibernation!
my thanks to those who too the time to review

50. Chapter 50 by jamies_lady [Reviews - 12] Liked (3454 words)
I know its been an age, but here is a really long chapter to make up for it...enjoy

51. Chapter 51 by jamies_lady [Reviews - 9] Liked (2174 words)
Many Many thanks to Hrolf for beating this one into submission despite the punctuation monster's attempts at eating every full stop I used.

For Tina, a chapter to cheer you up

52. chapter 52 by jamies_lady [Reviews - 10] Liked (2098 words)
Firstly a huge thanks to my beta, and husband, who noticed that my muse had taken a weird left turn and wasn't concentrating on this story at all. thanks for correcting my history luv.

and secondly, i hope you all enjoy he new chapter

53. chapter 52 by jamies_lady [Reviews - 8] Liked (1979 words)
thanks to those kind enough to review.

happy birthday tina, hope you enjoy this one

54. Chapter 53 by jamies_lady [Reviews - 9] Liked (1450 words)
I got to the computer without the kids near by, so here is the next chapter

55. chapter 54 by jamies_lady [Reviews - 6] Liked (2019 words)
thanks for all the great reviews I received, they woke my muse up. please keep her awake


somethig went peculiar yesterday and my computer posted chap 54 far too many times, hopefully problem solved

56. chapter 56 by jamies_lady [Reviews - 7] Liked (1137 words)
thanks for all the great reviews. Sorry its been a while since i updated, and the only way i could get her to write was to promise reviews.

57. chapter 57 by jamies_lady [Reviews - 9] Liked (3168 words)
only one more chapter to go...hope you have enjoyed the road

58. chapter 58, Epilogue by jamies_lady [Reviews - 22] Liked (3501 words)
I hope you have all enjoyed this ride as much as i have...my grateful thanks to everyone who has taken the time to review. It really does make my day