Author's Chapter Notes:
Candie: Hey! This is one of my first writing attempts so please be gentle when reviewing! and the summery is pretty cheesy. I hope you like the story though! Oh! And we had a beta fix it for us! YAY! Thanks Tina ,Allie and Mia! I couldent have made error free! Or mostly anyway. Thank you!!
Amy: I Hope you enjoy!
CHAPTER ONE: Where are You?

Buffy woke up early feeling so alone again, just like she had for the past six months since 'he' had died. She sighed and yawned as she got out of bed.

How long will this take!? I've never taken this long to get over anyone in the past, she thought.

The Immortal was such a bastard – Buffy hated him. She had heard that he was the go-to good guy in this part of the world so she went to ask him if the new Big Bad was here. It turned out she had no such luck - all he wanted to do was 'do' her.

Being mad enough already Buffy had almost killed him. Then she told him that she showed no interest in him at all. She shook off her anger because she was already feeling angry enough. Buffy stood up and got dressed. When she went downstairs everyone was already in their classes, so she headed for her office. She had an appointment today with that insane girl that Andrew picked up from L.A.

God! I can't remember her name! Oh well, Buffy thought just as she walked into the room.

"Hey Miss Buffy," the girl said. Everyone besides her friends called her that now.

"Hey, how are you today?" Buffy asked the young girl who was now actually starting to get better.

"I'm okay. I think I had a slayer vision last night about a guy calledSpike."

The young girl seemed to be confused, but she was the only slayer who did not know about Spike and Buffy yet.

"Really? What was it?" Buffy interrogated.

"Well, um, Spike and you were in this underground place and you said that you loved him and he said that he didn't think you did. Then it went to when I got out of the crazy ward in LA and found him and cut off his hands, then it went to I think the future and you and he were together again," the young girl finished, unsure of herself, but Buffy was blinking back tears .

"You -you saw Spike?" Buffy asked tearfully.

"Yeah," the young girl answered

"He tried to help me when I got out of that place along with this other guy Angel, and he told that creepy guy that brought me here that he had no idea how to tell you he was back."

Buffy was speechless. All she could utter was, "Thank you. You can go to your class now," not even hearing the girl's sad response.

"Okay." The young slayer left the room.

Buffy pushed the call button on the phone.

"Destiny, please get Angel's number for me," Buffy requested dryly

"Sure Miss Buffy," Destiny replied.

Buffy sat back. She had to take in the fact that Spike might be alive and maybe, possibly he'd come back to her.


On the other side of the Atlantic in LA Spike was looking out the window of Wolfram & Heart's office thinking about Buffy. That was all he could think about when he became corporal. Spike felt like he was obligated to go see her but yet her couldn't, not after discovering that she was with The Immortal. And yet, even so, all he could do was want her, need her, love her.

He could hardly think of anything else.

He flat out loved her and wanted her but her couldn't have her because she deserved better. She was a goddess and he was nothing but a vampire and she had to do better then him whether she wanted to or not. That's why he didn't want to go to her because he knew if he went back he wouldn’t be able to leave.

"Damn," Spike breathed as he looked around the room. He didn't want to be here.

He really didn't like Angel. The only one he liked was Fred but she was gone for good now. Instead there was someone, actually something, that was using her body as its vessel.
He heard the door open so turned around

"Oh, 's just you," Spike said dryly.

"What do you mean it's just me?" a robotic and dry voice asked from behind him.

"I mean sod off, Leery," Spike said, his voice harsh and cold.

"You're thinking of Buffy aren't you? Your Slayer," she questioned.

"SHUT UP BLUE!" Spike yelled. The 'thing' that was using Fred's body cocked her head to one side.

"I can sense that you love her and you're trying not to admit it."

Spike sighed and took in a deep unneeded breath

"Yeah you're right but she's not mine anymore. Fuck, she never was."

With that she left him alone. Spike sat there and thought of the woman of his dreams; the one woman that he loved so much it pained him. That 'one hell of a woman' as he once had referred to her as.

But that wasn't a good enough name for her. She was a woman who was so strong when everyone else was so weak. She saved everyone’s life at least once before even his. Well she would have if he'd let her. That’s when he decided that he would go back because he had to help her; his darling loving girl that he'd hurt so much within the past six months.



An room away, Angel answered the phone call that was sent to his office.

"Hello, this is Angel speaking."

"Hi Angel," Buffy said, sort of cheerfully.

"Hey Buffy, what can I do for you?" Angel was wondering why Buffy was calling him of all people after he had heard that she didn't trust him anymore.

"I was actually looking for Spike, is he there? Someone who was out there said that they saw him."

Of course, Angel thought.

"Yeah, he's here. Do you want to talk to him?" Angel asked, feeling like an asshole for asking that question.

"Yeah that would be great." Buffy waited as Angel put her on hold, a few minutes later she heard an old familiar British voice

" 'Lo pet," Spike said. Hearing his voice made her cry.

"Spike?! Oh my God! You're alive! Oh my God! I- I…" She was cut off by Spike calming her.

"'S okay, I'm alright, 's okay." Spike tried to comfort her the best he could so far away, there was no turning back now that he had heard her voice. He was leaving tomorrow so he could hold her close and comfort her by holding her and kissing her.

"Oh my God! Spike I… I love you, oh my God please don't leave me here !" Buffy pleaded now with an all out sob, fully aware that she had said that she loved him. Spike couldn't believe what he heard – did she say that she loved him? She had! His plans were changed – he was leaving tonight

"I'll be with you soon, love. I love you too pet, just, you’re gonna have to wait a day to see me 'right?" He heard Buffy sniff.

"Sorry for the little freak out, and okay I can't wait."

Spike was glad to hear her calm down then with a ‘see you soon' from a still teary Buffy they hung up and Spike got down to packing.


Buffy was crying in her office. For once it was not because she was sad, but because she was extremely happy. She had to phone Dawn! She called Dawn who was in Watcher Training .

"Yeah?" Dawn answered

"Hey Dawn – " Buffy began but was cut off.

"Buffy, oh my God, are you okay?" Dawn's voice was upset

"Yeah Dawn I'm okay, I have good news. Spike’s back." Buffy was so overjoyed at that statement that she started to cry all over again

"Oh my God!" Dawn was also starting to cry

"How in…what the?!" The two sisters talked for another few minutes and hung up.

Buffy had to wait six hours until Spike arrived – just enough time to get ready.