[Reviews - 442] LikedPrinter
Summary: Once in a galaxy, far, far...oh, that’s been done. Right then. Humankind has been at war with the Aurelians for decades. When the two sides finally reach the point where negotiation is better than annihilation, a truce is called and a treaty negotiated on the planet currently under dispute. The peace treaty is cemented symbolically by the joining in marriage of the two youngest soldiers present, thereby throwing Buffy and Spike into a relationship that they really, really, don’t want. Although not a traditional Vampire versus Slayer scenario, it is close enough to be familiar.
Rated: NC-17
Categories: Fantasy/AU Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Action
Warnings: Violence, Adult Language, Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 20 Completed: No
Word count: 61133 Read: 36471
Published: 01/13/2008 Updated: 06/14/2010

1. One by Eternal_red [Reviews - 21] Liked (3386 words)
A/N This story was written for the Spuffy Haven, Art Before Fic Challenge, to a banner and criteria created by Liliaeth.
My thanks as always to Just_Sue who as my Beta knows just what to say. To Spikes_heart for being so supportive and to Liliaeth for posting the challenge and lovely banner pic in the first place. By the way, I chose Spike’s outfit and first posted this chapter long before a certain series began releasing press shots. Spooky.

2. Chapter 2 by Eternal_red [Reviews - 20] Liked (2574 words)

3. Chapter 3 by Eternal_red [Reviews - 41] Liked (1993 words)

4. Chapter 4 by Eternal_red [Reviews - 30] Liked (3470 words)
I've been both amazed and delighted by the reviews you've posted for this story. Thank you so much. Only a year ago I was screwing up the courage to post anything and now I can barely drag myself away from the computer. As always I must thank Just_Sue for showing me the true meaning of punctuation and for her endless encouragement - as my beta and friend.

5. Chapter 5 by Eternal_red [Reviews - 25] Liked (2073 words)
Okay - I was rednibbles and now I'm Eternal_red - just to confuse everybody. Thanks to all of you who have given me such an overwhelming response to this fic. You make it a pleasure to get up in the morning!

6. Chapter 6 by Eternal_red [Reviews - 24] Liked (3248 words)
Thank you so much for all your encouraging comments for this story, I’ve been frankly overwhelmed by the response. I am also delighted to have been nominated for The Truce at the Spuffy Awards, the Shades of Grey Awards, Forbidden Awards and Lie to Me Awards. All gob-smacking stuff. All wonderful.

7. Chapter 7 by Eternal_red [Reviews - 29] Liked (3019 words)

8. Chapter 8 by Eternal_red [Reviews - 20] Liked (3012 words)
At long last. Thanks to all of you for your patience - and your lovely reviews. Bit of a warning now - there are some not very nice things happening in this chapter.

9. Chapter 9 by Eternal_red [Reviews - 22] Liked (3302 words)
Thanks for your patience and I hope you like the chapter (and haven't forgotten everything that came before it). Have been nominated (again) at the Spuffy Awards - just wish all the other fics weren't so damned good!

10. Chapter 10 by Eternal_red [Reviews - 26] Liked (2382 words)

11. Chapter 11 by Eternal_red [Reviews - 19] Liked (2597 words)
Thank you Just_sue, my eagle eyed beta, for always knowing just what to say, even if that does involve me writing 500 words more every time. Thanks also to all the lovely readers out there who are still enjoying my efforts and tell me so. You keep me going.

12. Chapter 12 by Eternal_red [Reviews - 11] Liked (2922 words)
Thank you for sticking with me on this fic, I know that I sometimes take an age to get each chapter out. Thank you Just_Sue for your excellent work as my beta and to those lovely readers among you that leave a review. I may be rubbish at replying straight away but I do treasure each one. Finally, as if it needs saying, (which I'm sure it does), this tale is from my imagination but most of its characters are borrowed from their rightful owners and don't belong to me. I just use them to people my own strange world.

13. Chapter 13 by Eternal_red [Reviews - 13] Liked (3323 words)

14. Chapter 14 by Eternal_red [Reviews - 15] Liked (4514 words)
Well, things have finally calmed down a bit at work and I've been able to concentrate on this fic at long last. Thanks for your patience and I hope you enjoy the chapter.

15. Chapter 15 by Eternal_red [Reviews - 25] Liked (3067 words)
A/N: Thank you for sticking with this story, despite all the delays. Your comments are always really helpful – not to mention a pleasure to read. I have swiped a couple of quotes from BTVS and popped them into this chapter – you’re bound to recognise the one from School Hard, it’s a classic. Extra credit must go to the original writers of the series for these. Also, there is a mild (?!) description of torture here, so please read with care if you’re squeamish. Last but certainly not least, thanks to my beta Just_sue for her eagle eye and always, excellent advice.

Enjoy.
Eternal_red

16. Chapter 16 by Eternal_red [Reviews - 18] Liked (3045 words)

17. Chapter 17 by Eternal_red [Reviews - 15] Liked (3649 words)
Thank you Just_Sue for being a wonderful beta, and to all of you who read this story and either comment in a review or think nice thoughts (well I hope they are). You've been very, very patient with me.

18. Chapter 18 by Eternal_red [Reviews - 16] Liked (3707 words)

19. Chapter 19 by Eternal_red [Reviews - 27] Liked (2981 words)
A/N: I'm sorry that this has taken me so long to write, but I do have more in the pipeline if you haven't given up on me. My sincere thanks go to Just_Sue, my beta, and to MoonKyst and Pfeifferpack. Without their wise corrections, suggestions and support, this chapter probably wouldn't have seen the light of day.

20. Chapter 20 by Eternal_red [Reviews - 25] Liked (2869 words)
Hello again. Thank you for your patience in waiting for this chapter and I hope that you enjoy it. My grateful thanks go to Just_Sue, my beta, and to MoonKyst and Pfeifferpack for their wise corrections and suggestions. I'm a bad person for not replying to every comment that I'm left these days, but please believe me when I say that I am hugging every one of you in my mind.