Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: I own nothing.
Author’s Notes: Thanks to my Beta-reader Palbravampiress.
Words in between these * * are thoughts
Buffy summers walked down the halls of sunnydale high. She turned the corner and saw him at his locker Spike Giles was one of the hottest... no scratch that. The hottest guy she had ever met... well wanted to meet he was the town's bad boy and for her and about 200 other groupies that was a turn on. Her heart rate sped up as she started to walk past his locker trying to look a little less geeky only to be tripped up by Angel, O, Finch he laughed as she got on her knees and started to pick up her books. A hand offered her a couple of them.

She took them "thanks" she said as she added them to the pile of books she was holding then she heard the voice, talking to her.

"You alright luv?" she looked up to see Spike Giles looking at her she stared for a moment before she realised she must look like a total spaz "um yeah I think so"

Spike offered her his hand and she took it he helpt her up Buffy swallowed she had just been helped up by Spike, god she could swear her palms we're sweating she mentally smiled.



Spike then turned to angel "you wanna watch what your doing mate might have an accident of your own you keep treating a lady like that".

Angel crossed his arms "and what exactly do you intend to do Willy? You tend to make threats then not follow through on them everyone knows that, so what you gonna keep threating me maybe one day you might actually take a swing at me and give me reason to put in the hospital again."



Spike clenched his jaw "couldn't pull it off if you tried mate and I’d be happy to give you that swing now"



Angel stepped forward "I’m not your mate but I’ll be happy to put you back in your place."



Buffy swallowed she was leaning against the lockers she sighed and decided enough was enough, she didn't know how she did it but she finally managed to think and come up with two decisions run and meet up with her friends in the canteen or stay and try and muster up the courage to say something.



She decided she'd stay and work on the saying something. *Coward* she thought internally well she was completely acting like one Angel had threatened to hit her before and she was in no doubt he would do it.



She was lost in thought till she heard a bang and came back to herself noticing that Spike and Angel we're fighting. Spike punched Angel and got a split lip for his efforts she grimaced that had to of hurt, they went at it for about 5 minutes till spike punched angel with a powerful blow and bumped in to a staff member as he stumbled he was ordered to the principal' s office and surprisingly for once did as he was told.



Spike was still pissed that was clear. She worried her bottom lip between her teeth then swallowed and thought the hell with it "are you alright?"
"Do I bloody look alright?" Spike practically growled
Buffy immediately felt like a complete idiot "sorry I didn't mean...you know what I’m just gonna go" she turned to leave.



Spike immediately felt like a wanker "wait I didn't mean to snap at you pet"
Buffy turned back around facing him she actually
appreciated the apology.





"It's fine" she said trying to sound casual *yeah real easy to be casual when the guy you have a major crush on is standing about 8 feet in front of you*

Spike gave her a gentle smile he was about to say something when the bell rang signalling the start of class and the end of the lunch break.

Buffy sighed and looked at Spike "I should get to class" she turned away from him, intent on getting to class.
She then realised she finally had her excuse to talk to him a little, mustering up her courage she turned to
Spike again noticing the blue of his eyes for about the millionth time, Willow and Xander we're right she had it bad. She returned his gentle smile "I’m buffy by the way your spike right?" *yeah buffy like you don’t know his name*

Spike nodded "yeah I’m Spike interesting name you got there pet" he decided to tease her a bit

Buffy looked at him "could say the same for you Spike"

Spike smirked "I’m sure you could say a lot of things about me luv" he said giving her a playful leer

Buffy rolled her eyes trying not to have a cardiac, arrest her heart was beating so fast she could have sworn Spike could hear it too. "Well I really should get to class don't wanna be late...again see you around?"



God please don't let him thing I sound to hopeful damn it summers get a fucking grip! Play it cool and maybe you might have a shot at talking to him again but it's so hard when he's that drool-worthy*



Spike walked backwards for a minute "yeah see you around kitten" he then turned and went round a corner to his class.

Buffy started to walk to her class with a smile on her face.



Buffy entered her class and took a seat preparing to wait for the class to begin but her thoughts kept drifting back to Spike.

`````````````````````````````````````````````

Spike was sitting in class thinking about the blonde he had met earlier today, Sure he had seen her around before, but he hadn't talked to her till today there was just something about her he was drawn to god he hoped he'd be able to talk to her again and soon.



Meanwhile he also had Angel to think about no way was Angel just gonna let it go over that fight today he never could let anything go, but if Angel wanted to fight there was no arguments from his side.



He hated the bastard with a vengeance, always had sick fuck just loved to press everyone's buttons thinking everyone would just take it lying down, he wouldn't. He'd keep knocking Angel down till the prick actually got it. He was never going to take what Angel had to dish out again sooner the poofter learnt that the better.
```````````````````````````````````
Buffy got out from high school and got the bus in to town.
While sat on the bus she fount herself thinking about Angel he had always hated her, she knew that, she also knew why.
Looks like her and Spike had an enemy in common but she didn't think anyone could hate Angel as much as she did,
But then again people surprise you she had learnt that the hard way.