Author's Chapter Notes:
Hello everybody, this is my first fic. and I hope you guys enjoy, this is where Spike has the Gem of Amara.

p.s. If you guys want a banner done, email me at my email address.
It was a quiet evening at the Summers' residence, the slayer and her vampire had been lying on her back lawn. Buffy had been happy to have Spike around ever since he had been tortured by Glory, keeping his promise to protect Dawn till death. Spike had gained Buffy's trust, and her love in a way that had made him happier than he has ever been in his entire existance.

"I can't believe we are actuallly about to watch a sunset together." Buffy chimed, as she snuggled closer into Spike's side. "How long has it been since you last saw a sunset?" Buffy prodded as Spike chuckled, kissing her forehead.

"It's been a while, pet." Spike replied, returning his focus to the red tinted sky. "Too long." He finished. Earning a radiant smile from Buffy as he glanced towards her, Twirling the Gem of Amara on his middle finger.

"How'd you get it?" Buffy asked.

"What's that, pet?" Spike questioned, as he raised his scarred brow at her. Returning his focus to the ring on his finger, "Oh, this?" Spike added, as he realized what she had been talking about. "I found it in L.A, when I went to seek that legend to get my soul." Spike answered, trying to understand just how he had found it.

Buffy looked towards the ring, taking Spike's hand into hers to get a closer look. Spike tenses up in return, hoping that she doesn't take it off. Soon relaxing as she laces her fingers with his, placing both their hands on her stomach. Sighing, Spike places a chaste kiss on her mouth both sharing a sensual moment in each others arms.

"Hey, love?" Spike asks, slightly nervous about her answer to his next question.

"Hmm?" Buffy returned.

"Do you... love me?" Spike muttered his question, waiting for her to answer him. Buffy meets Spike's gaze, to answer his question. Knowing her answer.

"Spike." Buffy started, noticing the wave of emotions flowing over his delicate features continuing. "I, do." she finished searching his eyes for a responce.

Spike sighed, looking up into the sky as the sun started to go down for the night. Buffy turned her gaze towards the darkening sky as well, both gasping at how beautiful the sunset truly was. As the sun continued it's decent through the partially clouded sky, Spike turned his gaze back to Buffy in an attempt to figure out what exactly was going on in that pretty little head of hers.

"Hey, Spike?"

"Yah, pet?"

"Do you want to give this sunset a proper good-bye?" Buffy muttered, with a evil look in her eye.

"I don't know, love." Spike replied, playing along. "What do you think?" Spike added as he climbed up on top of her, catching her off gaurd. Grinning, Spike places a chaste kiss on her mouth to prove his point.

Buffy laughed, "You sure seem rather anxious." Buffy stated.

Chuckling now, Spike rolls off to the side taking her with him.

"Ahhh, Spike!!" Buffy exclaimed as she went for an unexpected ride, laughing harder as she and Spike roll around in the grass. "Stop-- it!" Buffy stuttered between giggles, only to laugh even more in return.

Spike stops rolling around, to catch an unneeded breath. Still having a hard time calming down after her little giggle fest, her face a rosey red from all of the excitement.

"Spike--" taking a deep breath to regain her composure, continued. "I love you so much, Spike." Buffy finished, finally relaxed enough to get a single sentence out.

"I love you too, pet" Spike replied, as he himself found that he was all riled up all the same. Earning a kiss from Buffy in return for his efforts, noticing that he had finally did something right with Buffy.

"So, what do you say to giving the sunset that proper goodbye?" Buffy asked, smiling at the look that Spike gave her in return.

"You betcha!" Spike declared, as he kissed Buffy trying to show just how much he really loved her. Buffy moaned as Spike laid on top of her causing her to kiss him more, to deepen the kiss so that she could get all of it.

Just as Spike started to get ready, they were interrupted by a "Ewwww!" from Dawn. Causing Spike to jump and get into his fighting stance, instantly relaxing once he realized who it was.

"What are you doing here, nibblet?" Spike interrogated as he started to walk towards her, "Aren't you supposed to be at Julia's?" He finished, raising his scarred brow at her expectantly.

"I was, until I found out that Angel was on his way here." Dawn explained, looking towards Buffy.

Spike growled, "Bloodyhell... why would he be wanting to come here?" Spike mumbled to himself, half hoping that it wasn't true.

"Dawn, when did you hear about this?" Buffy asked as she stepped beside Spike, crossing her arms over her chest. "This is very important." Buffy finished, expecting an answer.

Spike just stood there frozen in his thoughts as Buffy and Dawn conversed, looking up at the night sky silently praying he didn't have to do this again. As his vampire heritage went praying never did much good, as well as all of his victims back when he was evil. They'd pray but then he would kill them anyways.

"Angel, told me." Dawn replied, as she looked towards Spike. "You might want to get ready for your party, Spike." Dawn mentioned, as Spike finally realized what she was talking about.

"Spike, what is she talking about?" Buffy asked curiously, tapping her foot on the ground wanting an answer.

"It's the Anniversary of the Order of Aurelias... a family reunion." Spike finished as he looked at Buffy, the look told her everything. He had to go. "Where the living members of the Order Aurelias, gather to celebrate their accomplishments." Spike answered as he turned to leave, "I will be back in a couple days love, count on it." Spike admitted, as he went to Buffy and gave her a chaste kiss on the lips. Gave his nibblet a hug and a kiss on the forehead. "Good-bye for now." Spike declared before disappearing into thin air.

"I love you, Spike." Buffy added, as she went back into her house with Dawn. "I will be waiting." She finished before closing the door to the kitchen.


The End...