Author's Chapter Notes:
All characters are owned by Joss Whedon, I just simply borrowed them.
Buffy slowly made her way towards a church, where she figured Spike had come. Opening the door to the old building, revealing a moonlit room full of benches. Closing the door behind her and moving passed the foyer to get a better look around.

"Didn't work." Spike said

"What the hell are you--" Buffy demanded, turning towards Spike startled.

"Costume, couldn't hide." Spike continued. Tossing his newly aquired blue sweat shirt passed Buffy and to the unswept floor.

"No more mind games, Spike." Buffy told him.

"No more mind games, no more mind." Spike finished, shaking his head staring at his feet.

"Tell me what happened to you." Buffy asked, reaching out to touch his cut up chest.

"Hey, hey, no touching!" Spike demanded, covering his chest witth his arms as he continued. "Am I flesh? Ami I flesh to you?" Spike asked, looking at Buffy and backing away a couple steps. "Feed on flesh, my flesh. Nothing else, not even a spark." Spike muttered, removing his arms from it's protective position on his chest. "Fine flesh then, solid through get it hard service the girl." Spike stated, unbuttoning his pants.

"Alright, so you want to do this in a church then." Buffy asked, moving and putting her hands on Spike's hands to stop what he was doing. Leaning in to place a chaste kiss on his lips, "I want to know what you did to yourself, Spike." Buffy admitted, taking his arm and sitting on a bench." looking towards Spike, waiting for him to answer her.

"I wnet to find it of course, the spark." Spike trailed, trying to find the words to put into his next sentence. "Angel, he should of warned me." He continued, "Makes a good show in forgetting, but it's here in me. All the time, the spark." Spike mumbled, swinging back and forth.

"Your soul." Buffy muttered, finally realizing what all this nonsense was about. "You got your soul back, how?" Buffy asked astonished.

"I got it for you." Spike replied, taking her hand in his.

"You did this for me?" Buffy asked, looking at Spike in a whole new light.

"I went to seek a legend out, saw a man about a girl." Spike started, "There were trials, torture, pain." He finished, standing and walking towards the cross accross the hall. "Can we rest now? Buffy? Can we rest." Spike asked leaning on the cross, sizzling from his inevitable allergy.

"Spike, let's go home and I'll show you just exactly what I think from your little gift that you got for me." Buffy told him grabbing his arm and walking towards the door. "I love you, Spike." Buffy told him as they made their way out into the cold night air, to start their journey to becoming better friends and maybe something more. Maybe.

Making their way back to the alley, where Spike had stabbed that Sluggoth Demon before it turned back to Nancy's ex. "Xander, why isn't the ambulance here yet?" Buffy demanded, as she noticed that the victim has not moved from where he had been not forty five minutes ago.

"He is dead Buffy, he died five minutes ago." Xander stated, covering Ronnie's head with the blanket that Buffy had grabbed off of the crate before hand.

"Bloody hell." Spike muttered, realizing that he had just unintentionally killed another human being. Without even being here to witness it, to boot. "I killed, again." Spike stated, turning towards Buffy. "Kill me." He demanded.

"What?" Buffy asked incredulous.

"Kill me."

"No, Spike it's not your fault." Buffy told him.

"Bollocks." Spike snorted.

"He returned back to human form before you impaled him. So it is not your fault." She mused

Spike just looked at Buffy with pleading eyes. "Help me." Spike muttered sobbing.

"I'll help you." Buffy informed him, making a promise that she was intent on keeping. looking back at Xander, he nods at her in understanding.

"He'll need a place to stay, won't he?" Xander asked.

"Yes." Buffy replied, nodding.

"Alright." Xander agreed, standing and gesturing for Spike to follow him to his crib. "You are in luck, Captain Peroxide." Xander declared as the two had walked to his car.

"Why's that?" Spike asked, curious.

"That you have help when you need it, some people aren't so lucky." He replied, reffering to the dead man in the alley that Buffy is occupying. Spike just looked at Xander and opened the door to Xander's silver Sunfire.

"I'm sorry." Spike apologized to Xander.

"About what?" Xander asked.

He took a moment to think about what he realy was sorry for, coming to a conclusion he continued. "For everything that I had ever done to you guys... to Buffy." He concluded, looking at Xander. His eyes alone said how sincere he really was.

"It's alright, Spike. You didn't have a soul before. I forgive you." Xander said, admitting to himself that he knew what Spike had been through, and understood him. "What do you say we go and talk more about this at the Bronze, play a game of pool or something?" Xander asked looking at Spike entering the driver's side of his car.

"God yes." Spike replied, as the two new friends drove towards the Bronze to do what they had explained to one another, to play some pool and get to know eachother better. In the process to rebuilding his and Buffy's own relationship. After what had happened one month ago,had instantly made it alot harder. So he had to try to fix it. It's a long road to redemption. So he decided to close his eyes to think of what he should do to make things better.

"I love you too, Buffy." Spike muttered to himself, before sleep totally overtook him. Dreaming about what could possibly happen next, things can only get better with time. That's all that was left, time.

The End...